Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outinfront

5-71 so far this season. Worth a look in training surely?

Mike Tyson

Quote from: outinfront on June 10, 2016, 01:22:45 PM
5-71 so far this season. Worth a look in training surely?

Think he scored 8 against us this year when Bredagh beat us, all from frees. I'd say a large amount of his scoring is from frees.

Would echo what an earlier poster said, he isnt county material and from his runs and general play would know he hasn't been playing long. Don't think he would add anything that isn't already there, but would be better than some of the forwards on the panel.

As for Jody saying they should have more men on the panel, apart from Mcelroy, Bredagh don't have any standout individuals but work very well as a team.

Leftmidfield

Good win for CPN tonight away to Clonduff. Tight at the bottom now!!! Load of Point boys away to The States tomorrow for 2 Months. I think a few clubs in the same situation

OgraAnDun

http://gaeliclife.com/2016/06/fionnuala-carr-begrudgers-taking-aim/

I see Fionnuala Carr has responded in a way to some of the posts on this board. I'd like to know who the player boasting of betting against Down was.

one day

Point losing four starting players from tonight's game in Clonduff. They played well in first half

guevara

Quote from: Down Follower on June 10, 2016, 11:36:44 AM
Quote from: guevara on June 09, 2016, 06:37:27 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on June 09, 2016, 03:20:11 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 09, 2016, 03:08:08 PM
Why not just name the rest of the Warrenpoint FC panel sure. ::)
Not professing to be a follower of the óle soccer but I don't think Davison every played for
Warrenpoint FC

Robbie White has never played for Warrenpoint Town as far as I am aware, neither has Alan Davidson so your point is? I named them players based on games I have watched in the League last year/this year.

Kevin Anderson is Annaclone's best player & has destroyed teams in Down by himself. A big strong athlete who was never given a chance under previous Managers - He has of course had chances before. He is though as you say a big strong athlete who maybe if managed differently could do something.
Robbie White is the current Division 1 Footballer of the Year if I am not mistaken? - Agreed, should be given a go.
Liam Bagnall (Glenn players wont play - end off) They will not join the set up to be squad players  and miss League Football for their Club and John Boyle (he has put soccer first now for the past few years) are better footballers than current players on that Down Team.
Shaun Parr should have been brought onto the County Team (never mind panel) five or six years ago - consistently asked onto panel and wont join so its his choice. Was on it a few years ago and never given a chance. Better than at least 7 or 8 of the Current Squad
Alan Davidson is consistently scoring big numbers for Bredagh yet has been overlooked because he plays for a unfashionable Club at the wrong end of the County. - thats totally untrue. He has been watched by county management and if you had seen him playing you would know that he isnt county material, although after Downs game at the weekend that level has dropped. He looks like a player who has only started playing Gaelic, which he has, and at his age, he would do well to bring his basic skills up to level required. Completely Incorrect. He played underage for Warrenpoint up to Minor. His move to Bredagh was a result of him relocating to Belfast. If this is the case then why is our County Secretary rumoured to be blocking him lining out for Antrim?

But hey feel free to point out why you do not think the above are not good enough to be on the current Down Team?
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

elk

Quote from: Leftmidfield on June 10, 2016, 11:17:42 PM
Good win for CPN tonight away to Clonduff. Tight at the bottom now!!! Load of Point boys away to The States tomorrow for 2 Months. I think a few clubs in the same situation
think they should have good enough squad to survive

SHEEDY

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 10, 2016, 11:27:47 PM

I see Fionnuala Carr has responded in a way to some of the posts on this board. I'd like to know who the player boasting of betting against Down was.
spot on from fionnuala, cant argue with any of that. a certain ex-player aussie rules player (not the one that was in the studio last week) was boasting about his winnings betting against down. 
nil satis nisi optimum

SamFever

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 11, 2016, 04:41:32 PM

spot on from fionnuala, cant argue with any of that. a certain ex-player aussie rules player (not the one that was in the studio last week) was boasting about his winnings betting against down.
The States will do nothing to improve him either.

Dubh driocht

If that's true he should never play for Down again.
In our car for Clones there was a lad who knows his GAA and knows his odds; on the way down,he quoted us the best bet was Monaghan to win by 9 points or more at 4/1. He's currently unemployed and knew that £50 on that would help him out over the summer, but he said that as a Downman he could not and would not ever back against them.

thewobbler

Quote from: Dubh driocht on June 11, 2016, 08:15:16 PM
If that's true he should never play for Down again.
In our car for Clones there was a lad who knows his GAA and knows his odds; on the way down,he quoted us the best bet was Monaghan to win by 9 points or more at 4/1. He's currently unemployed and knew that £50 on that would help him out over the summer, but he said that as a Downman he could not and would not ever back against them.

Honestly, more fool him.

Brick Tamlin

Totally.
it was a sure thing.

redzone

Who in gods name is finonula Carr

Dubh driocht

Fionnuala Carr is a fine footballer and camog - for club, county and province. She has a brother in the Down team and even you, redzone, may have heard of her father. You might also be unaware that the Carrs are fairly prominent in Down GAA circles http://gaaboard.com/board/Smileys/default/rolleyes.gif
As for BT and thewobbler- principle is more important than money in my book

OgraAnDun

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 11, 2016, 04:41:32 PM

The man craves the attention.

As regards betting against Down, backing the opposition ruins the game for me, especially if you have a decent amount on it. You're a loser no matter which team succeeds.