Protestants

Started by Feckitt, May 27, 2008, 07:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Are born agains prods or not?, I do know that they think that prods as well as catholics don't go to heaven - "only the saved can go to the kingdom of god" ! feckin numpties.  >:(
Tbc....

Mickey Linden

I have been working down in Dublin for the last 9 months and am often surprised to hear how little people down here know or care about the north. I had to explain to my boss the other day that July 12 and 13 were holidays in the north.

The fact is most people in Ireland pay little attention to what happens outside their locality! If people down here refuse to pay much interest in what happens in the 6 counties it is hardly surprising that Northern Protestants pay little attention to current affairs in the free state.

rosnarun

born agains can be of any demonination . dana used to claim to be born again.
But dont confuse english Protestants as having anyything to do with religion after all it was only founded because their king got a hard on for the maid.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Orior

A number of years ago a young lad fromTigers Bay (loyalist area) was on Queen Street throwing petrol bombs at the New Lodge area (nationalist) when the bomb went off in his hand killing him.

The headstone on his grave (up in Carnmoney) has 2 logos. One is for the YCV (junior wing of the UVF) and the other is a Glasgow Celtic badge.

Go figure.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nifan

QuoteBut dont confuse english Protestants as having anyything to do with religion after all it was only founded because their king got a hard on for the maid.

Henry the eigth may or may not have become a protestant on his deathbed.
Before that he wasnt one - he was a catholic who split from Rome.

WaterBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 27, 2008, 11:15:14 PM
Ok seems a normal thread, here's a question I like to ask..

Where do Nationalist Protestants come into this and what about Loyalist Catholics, do they even exist? Remember I'm from the South and have one friend originally from the Falls Road but she lives in Perth now so have little exposure to northern attitudes and opinions expect what I read here.

There known as the SDLP up here  ;)
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: WaterBoy on May 28, 2008, 11:10:53 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 27, 2008, 11:15:14 PM
Ok seems a normal thread, here's a question I like to ask..

Where do Nationalist Protestants come into this and what about Loyalist Catholics, do they even exist? Remember I'm from the South and have one friend originally from the Falls Road but she lives in Perth now so have little exposure to northern attitudes and opinions expect what I read here.

There known as the SDLP up here  ;)

Aka Castle Catholics.
Tbc....

red hander

Quote from: Minus15 on May 27, 2008, 11:21:36 PM
i remember in 1st year geography at university we were split into groups with a map of ireland in front of us and we had to name the thirty-two counties and put them in the correct place. I got them all but some of the protestant girls were putting galway below dublin and one even mixed up derry and tyrone. It was like spot the catholic that day not that my big gah jersey and o'neills bottoms werent a big giveaway.

You were asked to do this in your 1st year at university?  Jaysus, did they let youse play in the sandbox and make monster masks outta cornflakes boxes, too? ;)

stiff breeze

i remember in 1st year geography at university we were split into groups with a map of ireland in front of us and we had to name the thirty-two counties and put them in the correct place. I got them all but some of the protestant girls were putting galway below dublin and one even mixed up derry and tyrone. It was like spot the catholic that day not that my big gah jersey and o'neills bottoms werent a big giveaway.

sounds like first year in secondary school. did you mean that you big gay jersey was a giveaway? I always knew anyway. your womans a cover story

Whitehair

QuoteA number of years ago a young lad fromTigers Bay (loyalist area) was on Queen Street throwing petrol bombs at the New Lodge area (nationalist) when the bomb went off in his hand killing him.

The headstone on his grave (up in Carnmoney) has 2 logos. One is for the YCV (junior wing of the UVF) and the other is a Glasgow Celtic badge.

I remember hearing about that lad and on his anniversary teenage nationalists would come down the limestone rd? from the Antrim Rd all wearing big foam hands that you'd at an ice hockey game taunting the protestants. Sorta thing you shouldnt laugh at but tbh I did when i was told!

Minus15

Quote from: stiff breeze on May 28, 2008, 01:01:55 PM

sounds like first year in secondary school. did you mean that you big gay jersey was a giveaway? I always knew anyway. your womans a cover story

Big Stiffy

Lar Naparka

Janey Mac! Only nifan has joined in.
Where is EG and gweltyah and SammyG?
I thought this thread would be a magnet for the OWC lads.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Evil Genius

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 28, 2008, 01:43:38 PM

Not really anything to do with me, seeing as I'm not a Prod. In fact, I've not a huge deal of time for organised religion of any sort, nor do I see a great difference between the two main Christian sects in Ireland.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Donagh

Sure them boys are practically English so can be forgiven for not know much about the aspects of Irish culture and society that are mentioned. As for those referred to in the thread title, they're telling lies. They may want you (and more importantly their neighbors) to think they are good White Anglo Saxon Protestants, untainted by any influence from the Papish Irish, but we know rightly they have the RTE aerials hidden in the attic and that's Pat Kenney they're watching behind those curtains.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

SammyG claims no God either, not sure about MW, Tony Hawks, GAWA and weesaysanchez - gweltah is just an alterego of EG or Sammy.
Tbc....