The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Over the Bar

Wigan should have won at Anfield..... hopefully they will get their just reward tonight..... ;)

Gabriel_Hurl

Nah Carmen - it's a bit early for the team to be announced - I'd like to see that though

Is it just me or has Dossena been pretty good since his return from the injury? Thought he was excellent on Sunday

Carmen Stateside

He had a good game at the weekend.  Coming from italian football into the premiership has got to be the toughest transition for an overseas player with the two styles being so different, so hopefully he is over that part and makes continued progress.  Cant be that bad seeing he has several Italian caps.
Thats should be the team all right but would like to see someone else out right cause we got to get at Wigan from the off, three points vital and as that puke OTB has said Wigan have lost there two main threats so no better time to get them!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 28, 2009, 04:32:56 PM
He had a good game at the weekend.  Coming from italian football into the premiership has got to be the toughest transition for an overseas player with the two styles being so different, so hopefully he is over that part and makes continued progress.  Cant be that bad seeing he has several Italian caps.
Thats should be the team all right but would like to see someone else out right cause we got to get at Wigan from the off, three points vital and as that puke OTB has said Wigan have lost there two main threats so no better time to get them!

I wouldn't describe Heskey and Palacios as their two main threats. Those are obviously Zaki and Valencia. Still they have lost two important players for them.

Minder

Palacios was their best player, Zaki hasnt scored too many since those two at Anfield. We have to win tonight and hopefully the team is set up to go for the win.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

WaterBoy

Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

Hound

Wigan are definitely a bogey side. Remember even Titus useless hole Bramble scoring a screamer from 20 yards against us. Last minute as well I think. That even surpassed Gerry Taggart scoring against us for Leicester some years back!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on January 28, 2009, 05:19:19 PM
Palacios was their best player, Zaki hasnt scored too many since those two at Anfield. We have to win tonight and hopefully the team is set up to go for the win.

Palacios was a good player but was their defensive midfielder hence why Spurs wanted him. Their two main attacking threats are Zaki and Valencia. Zaki has only got 3 goals alright since the Anfield game although he did miss a few games since then.

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on January 28, 2009, 05:19:19 PM

That would make a change but I hope so too as it will be more entertaining to watch 8)

corn02

Liverpool team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Benayoun, Lucas, Mascherano, Babel, Gerrard, Torres.
Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Agger, Keane, Alonso, Riera, Kuyt.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 07:01:06 PM
Liverpool team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Benayoun, Lucas, Mascherano, Babel, Gerrard, Torres.
Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Agger, Keane, Alonso, Riera, Kuyt.

Xabi and Riera on the bench? And even Dirk?

Am always worried when Alonso hasn't started this season.

Benayoun, Lucas and Babel together in the same midfield. :o

corn02

I said earlier I hope he goes for Yossi and Reira, so not too disappointed to see Yossi and Babel, but, as you say, midfield looks lightweight without Alonso.

Gabriel_Hurl

We have to get something here

Wigan: Pollitt, Melchior, Boyce, Scharner, Figueroa, Taylor, Cattermole, Brown, de Ridder, Mido, Zaki.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 28, 2009, 07:28:49 PM
We have to get something here

Wigan: Pollitt, Melchior, Boyce, Scharner, Figueroa, Taylor, Cattermole, Brown, de Ridder, Mido, Zaki.

No Valencia or Kirkland either.