County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on July 11, 2023, 09:22:57 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2023, 08:46:20 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 10, 2023, 10:04:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 10, 2023, 08:54:31 PM
Mickey Graham stands down as Cavan manager.

Correct time to do so, and likely replacement?
Someone who can win the Tailteann

Unlikely they will be in the Tailteann unless you are looking for the new manager to purposely get them relegated from Div2 so they can enter it?
The season after next
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2023, 11:15:04 AM
Quote from: Itchy on July 11, 2023, 09:22:57 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2023, 08:46:20 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 10, 2023, 10:04:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 10, 2023, 08:54:31 PM
Mickey Graham stands down as Cavan manager.

Correct time to do so, and likely replacement?
Someone who can win the Tailteann

Unlikely they will be in the Tailteann unless you are looking for the new manager to purposely get them relegated from Div2 so they can enter it?
The season after next

It can be done next season by coming in the bottom 2. Are you not familiar with the rules, you should be if you want to act the smart arse.

Rossfan

Interim Limerick football manager Mark Fitzgerald steps down.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Cunny Funt

Liam McHale gone for the Mayo senior management after just one year, a surprise give how close he's to McStay and the two nearly always work together.

Rossfan

Someone had to be thrown under the Bus.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Rossfan on July 26, 2023, 08:53:00 PM
Someone had to be thrown under the Bus.

It's like 1996  all over again

Was  Colm Coyle   let go from the Meath backroom  at the same time?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 26, 2023, 08:19:10 PM
Liam McHale gone for the Mayo senior management after just one year, a surprise give how close he's to McStay and the two nearly always work together.

A few Counties looking for a manager whether it's related to that. He was involved with Clare and Cavan in the past,

J70

Rumours today that McGuinness is actually a realistic prospect to return to the Donegal job.

I'll believe it when I see it.

The expectations would be sky high, but I seriously doubt there is an AI challenge in that Donegal squad. There's no elite players like Murphy, Lacey and Neil McGee that McGuinness was able to harness the first time. Would he be content with contesting Ulster finals and, maybe on an extremely good year, an AI semi?

And would he not be publicly acknowledging that his dream of breaking into top level soccer coaching is over?

5times5times

Quote from: J70 on August 17, 2023, 12:45:50 PM
Rumours today that McGuinness is actually a realistic prospect to return to the Donegal job.

The expectations would be sky high, but I seriously doubt there is an AI challenge in that Donegal squad. There's no elite players like Murphy, Lacey and Neil McGee that McGuinness was able to harness the first time. Would he be content with contesting Ulster finals and, maybe on an extremely good year, an AI semi?

And would he not be publicly acknowledging that his dream of breaking into top level soccer coaching is over?

Rumour mill north of the border is that he's going to link up with Geezer + Armagh, but McKeever stepping back and Donaghy lessening his time on the pitch with them

naka

Tbf talking to a senior Donegal official at the football final and he was confident that Mc Guiness would be back with Gilligan as his no2

Taylor

Quote from: naka on August 17, 2023, 02:34:23 PM

Tbf talking to a senior Donegal official at the football final and he was confident that Mc Guiness would be back with Gilligan as his no2

Was Gilligan not rumoured to be in with Armagh now?

McGuinness is bound to know he will be on a hiding to nothing taking that Donegal team over now

skeog

Michael Murphy is rumoured to be returning also.

restorepride

Quote from: skeog on August 17, 2023, 03:23:00 PM
Michael Murphy is rumoured to be returning also.
Michael is quoted as saying he will not be coming out of retirement.

Rudi

Quote from: Taylor on August 17, 2023, 02:53:37 PM
Quote from: naka on August 17, 2023, 02:34:23 PM

Was Gilligan not rumoured to be in with Armagh now?

McGuinness is bound to know he will be on a hiding to nothing taking that Donegal team over now

100,000 reasons he will not be on a hiding to nothing. Murphy won't be back.