County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: blanketattack on August 23, 2022, 03:33:19 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on August 22, 2022, 08:29:37 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 22, 2022, 08:01:55 PM
Surprised  to be honest,  when he was doing commentary you never guess he was a Mayo man the way he put then down half the time, and have a live in for Dublin and Kerry.

McStay hates Dublin but does have a horn for Kerry.

You're joking? I never heard an analyst hate a county as much as McStay hates Kerry, well maybe only surpassed by his hatred for Mayo.
He has a huge man crush on David Clifford albeit.

McStay loves kerry.  I say himself and Marty need a change of jocks after commentating on a kerry game.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2022, 10:48:49 AM
Limerick football manager Billy Lee steps down after 6 seasons of relative success leaving them in D2.

Limerick's season was over on June 13th have to wonder why it took him so long to reach that decision, another job elsewhere has caught his eye?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mrdeeds

I see Monaghan interviewed three for job and now all three are out of process.

The Subbie

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 24, 2022, 09:43:27 AM

Where'd ya see that ??

screenexile

Quote from: The Subbie on August 24, 2022, 09:47:10 AM

Where'd ya see that ??

In today's Irish News!

Cavan19

Bring Back Banty !

yellowcard

That all sounds like a bit of a mess. You would have to wonder why the 2 outside men withdrew so late in the day. Meanwhile the only Monaghan man applying for the job was rejected which is bound to have left him peeved. This has the hallmarks of the Down 2021 appointment all over it when McCartan sailed in late in the day to pull his county out of a hole. Banty might end up having to do the same here.   

twohands!!!

QuoteThe Irish News understands that former Dublin coach Sherlock, current Ballymun Kickham's and ex-Westmeath manager Brendan Hackett, and outgoing Monaghan minor boss Mark Counihan were all interviewed in the early part of last week.

But having gone through the process, The Irish News understands that Sherlock and Hackett both withdrew their names over the weekend while Counihan was informed that he had not been given the job.

Sounds like a complete disaster of a process.

You'd have to wonder what the hell happened.

The Subbie

Quote from: screenexile on August 24, 2022, 09:50:57 AM

Where'd ya see that ??

In today's Irish News!

Just read it
What a clusterfuck.

Blowitupref

Quote from: The Subbie on August 24, 2022, 01:48:22 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 24, 2022, 09:50:57 AM

Where’d ya see that ??

In today's Irish News!

Just read it
What a clusterfuck.

Will be asking Banty back the way things are going ?

Monaghan search for a new manager has hit the rocks, with Jason Sherlock among the three candidates interviewed for the job last week all now out of the running.

The Irish News understands that former Dublin coach Sherlock, current Ballymun Kickham’s and ex-Westmeath manager Brendan Hackett, and outgoing Monaghan minor boss Mark Counihan were all interviewed in the early part of last week.

But having gone through the process, The Irish News understands that Sherlock and Hackett both withdrew their names over the weekend while Counihan was informed that he had not been given the job.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 24, 2022, 12:22:55 AM
Limerick football manager Billy Lee steps down after 6 seasons of relative success leaving them in D2.

Limerick's season was over on June 13th have to wonder why it took him so long to reach that decision, another job elsewhere has caught his eye?

Lee stepped down due to changing jobs.

Rossfan

He won't be available for other Counties so.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Quote from: Gael85 on August 25, 2022, 12:25:20 PM

Tomas O'Se turned down the Offaly senior job due to work commitments before then taking the Kerry Under 20 job a week later. Andy McEntee quit Meath and said he needed time away from the inter county bubble before stepping in a few weeks later with Antrim which is around 90 miles away. So Lee could well resurface somewhere else if he got a more suitable job offer. 

Blowitupref

Quote from: yellowcard on August 25, 2022, 01:21:49 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on August 25, 2022, 12:25:20 PM

Tomas O'Se turned down the Offaly senior job due to work commitments before then taking the Kerry Under 20 job a week later. Andy McEntee quit Meath and said he needed time away from the inter county bubble before stepping in a few weeks later with Antrim which is around 90 miles away. So Lee could well resurface somewhere else if he got a more suitable job offer.

Yes and won't be surprised if he's linked with a few of the current vacancies.

Rudi

Shaun Paul Barrett  & Malachy O Rourke only candidates for Donegal job. Ouchies.