What are you giving up?

Started by Zapatista, December 04, 2008, 08:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan says that we are living beyond our means.

Speaking on RTÉ Morning Ireland following yesterday's Exchequer figures which showed a tax shortfall this year of €8bn, he said that a reduction in our living standards is required.

However, Minister Lenihan said he does not believe that there will be a mini-Budget in the spring and that there is 'little scope' for tax increases next year

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1203/exchequer.html

I think I will cancel my trip to Florida. What will you do?

ludermor

I wont bother buying a new yacht

stephenite

I'll stop getting my shirts tailor made in Paris

Bud Wiser

Buying Spuds in Superquinn for five euro for a little bag that you would kick over the bar in Croker from the 20 meter line - when I get my little Grey Massey Ferguson 20 and my two board Ransom Plough.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

The waiting list for Crannógs is too long for me. I'm hoping to get into a concrete pipe.

mylestheslasher

I'm going to refrain from borrowing Helicoptors to fly around the country. I am also going to cancel the the 250k I had pencilled in to paint the walls of my apartment.

thejuice

Quote from: Hardy on December 04, 2008, 10:13:36 AM
The waiting list for Crannógs is too long for me. I'm hoping to get into a concrete pipe.

IT'd be a bit draughty though, wouldnt it, but it would have good drainage though
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Two ways out is the most important thing. The draught is the price you pay for that all right.