NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

We have a division 1 attack and midfield and a Division 3 defence.  The amount of space that the Westmeath attack had to run into up the middle was simply unbelievable. We have a press going on in the middle of the field but once the opposing team break through that the house is well and truly down.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Itchy

A desperate fermanagh at home to Armagh who've been poor away from home. Could go either way.

Cavan at home to Clare, hoping the long drive up will mean we can take the points.

Laois home to kildare, could kildare really go down? I think there has to be a kick in them which could take the points.

Ros against Westmeath,  you would think Ros but westmeath have shown they can play.

Intriguing league is Div2

keeperlit

Quote from: naka on February 23, 2020, 06:47:51 PM
Strange game in mullingar.
Draw was probably a fair result
Penalty was the game changer though and definitely was extremely harsh
Westmeath ran from deep through the centre of the Armagh defence and caused havoc.
For Armagh they will win nothing until they sort this out.

And this problem has been glaringly obvious in all our games and we do not appear to have the wherewithal to come up with a solution to it.

AFM

Quote from: keeperlit on February 23, 2020, 07:24:56 PM
Westmeath ran from deep through the centre of the Armagh defence and caused havoc.

And this problem has been glaringly obvious in all our games and we do not appear to have the wherewithal to come up with a solution to it.

One solution would have been to take Burns of number 25 who roasted him all afternoon.

Captain Obvious

A mixed bag for Armagh, eight up and nearly lost and then pleased to settle for a draw at the end. Intriguing is one word for this division alright.

naka

Quote from: AFM on February 23, 2020, 07:39:51 PM
Quote from: keeperlit on February 23, 2020, 07:24:56 PM

One solution would have been to take Burns of number 25 who roasted him all afternoon.
Agreed re burns
Was painful to watch
Westmeath no11 was the playmaker yet no one thought let's man mark this guy

Itchy

Was no 25 Loughlin, red head? He was very lively in breffni too but some westmeath man told me has major commitment issues?

AFM

Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2020, 08:00:11 PM
Was no 25 Loughlin, red head? He was very lively in breffni too but some westmeath man told me has major commitment issues?

Luke Loughlin, some turn of pace.

Rossfan

Two much needed points gained today as we eased our Relegation worries.
Flew out of the blocks, 4 points up in 5 minutes.
Kildare gradually took over and scored 7 in a row. We had 5 or 6 sides and 2 watery efforts into the Goalie's hands.
We were thankful enough to be only 2 down at half time.
Nip and tuck for 15 minutes till we conjured up a goal by "Cregger".
Cox and Cathal Compton coming on as subs made us a better team but we still needed Enda's  goal from the penalty to ensure we got over the line.
A win next week v the Westies and we won't be relegated.
Meanwhile Jack O'Connor may have to start planning for the B Championship.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

balladmaker

Looking forward to seeing the penalty replay on TV, was hard to tell from where I was in the stand, other than to say I've no time for Cassidy from Derry .... far too whistle happy for my liking.

Armagh were superb going forward in first half, defence shockingly bad in second.  Soupy seems to be the only forward we have capable of running at a defence.  Watched him limp off after the game, seemed to be in bother.

Itchy

Quote from: balladmaker on February 23, 2020, 09:00:24 PM
Looking forward to seeing the penalty replay on TV, was hard to tell from where I was in the stand, other than to say I've no time for Cassidy from Derry .... far too whistle happy for my liking.

Armagh were superb going forward in first half, defence shockingly bad in second.  Soupy seems to be the only forward we have capable of running at a defence.  Watched him limp off after the game, seemed to be in bother.

You'll see nothing on that joke of a program.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2020, 09:46:06 PM

Looks like their division 2 coverage is finished

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 23, 2020, 09:47:35 PM

Getting worse every year. Yet people moan about Sky?

AFM

Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2020, 09:48:34 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 23, 2020, 09:47:35 PM

Getting worse every year. Yet people moan about Sky?

Turned it off as soon as I saw pundits.

armaghniac

I hope you enjoyed that!

The Armagh defence lacks any sense of organisation and you have the usual push followed by the flapping of arms as a substitute for a legal tackle.

On the evidence so far, I doubt whether Armagh, Westmeath or Cavan would win a game in division 1, they have merits but also great flaws.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B