2010 hurling draws

Started by Premier Emperor, October 23, 2009, 11:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

The munster championship is dead bar the odd game. You can engage in the yerra, yerra defence as you generally do but the facts and statistics over the last 3-4 years don't back you up on this one. Do you honestly think Tipp give a rats ass if they win Munster this year? Of course they don't after winning 2 in a row. Its all-ireland or bust. Ever since the knockout fear factor was taken out of the provincial championships all of them bar none have been dead ever since except for the weaker counties who's only chance of silverware is a provincial championship.

The hurling championship needs a shot in the arm. Maybe you're just afraid of playing kilkenny and galway.
So I suppose taking that into account I can understand your views. Sure you can't beat either of them anymore. Understandable really.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on October 26, 2009, 07:35:51 PM
The munster championship is dead bar the odd game. You can engage in the yerra, yerra defence as you generally do but the facts and statistics over the last 3-4 years don't back you up on this one. Do you honestly think Tipp give a rats ass if they win Munster this year? Of course they don't after winning 2 in a row. Its all-ireland or bust. Ever since the knockout fear factor was taken out of the provincial championships all of them bar none have been dead ever since except for the weaker counties who's only chance of silverware is a provincial championship.

The hurling championship needs a shot in the arm. Maybe you're just afraid of playing kilkenny and galway.
So I suppose taking that into account I can understand your views. Sure you can't beat either of them anymore. Understandable really.
Oh ya, it's dead by the odd few games a season..

You can't say it's dead based on facts and statistics, I mean, you can't see how good a game was based on statistics.
Like I said, it's typical, and rather sad, that a Leinster man doesn't see how special the provincial championship is. Well in Munster anyway.
If you're going to go all the way you're going to meet Kilkenny at some point. It's not a matter of fear. And for you to bring in back to that sums up for me how little you understand of the Munster Championship.

But there isn't much of a better day then Cork v Tipp/Waterford in Thurles in the Munster Championship, and sadly that's something you can't and will never, understand, which is a bit sad really.

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on October 26, 2009, 07:48:51 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 26, 2009, 07:35:51 PM

Oh ya, it's dead by the odd few games a season..

You can't say it's dead based on facts and statistics, I mean, you can't see how good a game was based on statistics.
Like I said, it's typical, and rather sad, that a Leinster man doesn't see how special the provincial championship is. Well in Munster anyway.
If you're going to go all the way you're going to meet Kilkenny at some point. It's not a matter of fear. And for you to bring in back to that sums up for me how little you understand of the Munster Championship.

But there isn't much of a better day then Cork v Tipp/Waterford in Thurles in the Munster Championship, and sadly that's something you can't and will never, understand, which is a bit sad really.

You can engage in the cliches all you want but the fact remains the provincial championships are dead and the hurling championship in general is dead. And holding onto them is holding the hurling championship back in my view. It will always live in the shadow of the football championship under the current system because there is too few teams at the top.

Rather than having the same boring pairings year after year a bit of variety would spice up the hurling championship.