Would you sponsor the Cork Hurling Team?

Started by Bud Wiser, February 15, 2009, 11:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eoghan Mag

The English Rugby team are also sponsored by O2!

No I can't afford to sponsor Cork.

Bud Wiser

QuoteThe English Rugby team are also sponsored by O2!

That's probably because there is not that much difference between the English Rugby team and the Cork Hurling team,given that the Englich Rugby team get to play in Croke Park more often.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

muppet

Is the question: Would you pay to get your name on the jerseys of players who are not paid, who are striking, possibly for pay but definately striking against people who may be in fact paid?

Note: This is not to promote the GPA but merely to point out the hypocrisy of the situation on all sides.
MWWSI 2017

Bud Wiser

Frank Roche did an article in yesterdays Evening Herald in which he asked "would you sponsor the Cork Hurling team" and he went on to make suggestions in which it became very clear that he was in favour of the strikers, which I supose is in keeping with the Heralds conformity of just reporting the facts and not taking sides.

For anyone who read Franks enlightning article he posed the questiuon at the end of " how does o2 feel about sponsoring a team in which only 600 supporters turned up" and compared this with the number of marchers in Cork City who "were not shoppers".

Perhaps Frank should have asked the question as to how the Addidas sponsors feel having paid 40,000 to one player and a six fiugure sum to be distributed amon the squad to run around a field with no supporters at all - unless the sponsorship was for Press Conferences.

Better still, maybe he should have asked why Nickey Brennan does not step in and hand down a two year supsensin to the Cork Couynty Board, lock stock and barrell, 2008 team, 2009 team and the board executive themselves and tell them to sort out their problems in private through their clubs and that the suspension will be lifted when they stop bringing the GAA into disrepute.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

INDIANA

You have to appreciate Bud there is autobiographies to be written down the line. We used to have journalists who posed questions and let the reader make up his mind, and wrote with authority. We now have guys who know what side their bread is buttered on and will try to shape public opinion to suit their own needs.

orangeman

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 04, 2009, 11:27:10 AM
Frank Roche did an article in yesterdays Evening Herald in which he asked "would you sponsor the Cork Hurling team" and he went on to make suggestions in which it became very clear that he was in favour of the strikers, which I supose is in keeping with the Heralds conformity of just reporting the facts and not taking sides.

For anyone who read Franks enlightning article he posed the questiuon at the end of " how does o2 feel about sponsoring a team in which only 600 supporters turned up" and compared this with the number of marchers in Cork City who "were not shoppers".

Perhaps Frank should have asked the question as to how the Addidas sponsors feel having paid 40,000 to one player and a six fiugure sum to be distributed amon the squad to run around a field with no supporters at all - unless the sponsorship was for Press Conferences.
Better still, maybe he should have asked why Nickey Brennan does not step in and hand down a two year supsensin to the Cork Couynty Board, lock stock and barrell, 2008 team, 2009 team and the board executive themselves and tell them to sort out their problems in private through their clubs and that the suspension will be lifted when they stop bringing the GAA into disrepute.

Cheap at half the price - but sure they're doing it all for the good of Cork hurling at the end of the day, aren't they  ?

muppet

Now you're talking.
MWWSI 2017

The GAA

Sure the verwhelming majority feel the same way

Bud Wiser

I couldn't care less at this stage who are the majority or who are not and like many other in the GAA I think it is time that Cork just went away altogether, although I have some sympathy for the young lads who are playing in difficult circumstances, not least their own predicting and hoping they will be beat out the gate in every game.  It is foir that reason that I include them in my suggestion that they should all (CB,2008,2009) teams , the whole lot, County Board, McCarthy, the lot should be thrown out of of the GAA until they learn some respect for other counties if they have none for their own.

Gaa, while I have your attention, what is your views on the lad getting the forty grande for wearing the Addidas gear or 160,000 going to the players of the senior team without a penny of it going through the CB or other club players?  Has the original ethos of the GPA where everyone would benefit gone down the tubes along with Cork hurling?

The GAA

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 05, 2009, 01:05:52 PM
Gaa, while I have your attention, what is your views on the lad getting the forty grande for wearing the Addidas gear or 160,000 going to the players of the senior team without a penny of it going through the CB or other club players?  Has the original ethos of the GPA where everyone would benefit gone down the tubes along with Cork hurling?

I'd have to know what you're talking about before i could comment

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on March 05, 2009, 01:34:44 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 05, 2009, 01:05:52 PM

I'd have to know what you're talking about before i could comment

He's talking about a member of the strikers earning 250k per annum in commercial activities..

The GAA

Is he?

so what am i bein asked to comment on?

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on March 05, 2009, 04:05:35 PM

Is he?

so what am i bein asked to comment on?

I don't speak for Mr Bud so couldn't possible comment on that.

I can clarify (and did) clarify what he was alluding to however..

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on March 05, 2009, 04:17:14 PM
I can clarify (and did) clarify what he was alluding to however..

Fair play to you, you're a better man than me

Bud Wiser

QuoteGaa, while I have your attention, what is your views on the lad getting the forty grande for wearing the Addidas gear or 160,000 going to the players of the senior team without a penny of it going through the CB or other club players?

What is it about the question you can not understand.  Help me here and I will try and help you.