The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Still say Caulker shouldve started tbh

Armamike

It's official now!

Had enough chances to win 3 games.  Flamengo obviously had a bit about them, but they created few clear cut chances.  Very cynical outfit.  Robinho is some kid.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Hound

Howdy Lads

Champions of the World  8)

Things can change quickly in football, and this moment may be fleeting, but at the moment we are the best. The best in the world!

Let's enjoy this. What a group of lads we have in red. And what a leader!

Happy Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yewtree

WOW Can you believe it ? Liverpool FC are World Champions !!!! #ynwa

Time for beers and fillies later ....

dec

Quote from: The Stallion on May 24, 2017, 08:23:00 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 24, 2017, 07:45:02 AM
I knoww this is bookies just trying to generate some turnover, but of interest nonetheless.

Odds on players to join Liverpool:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 8/11
Aaron Ramsey 8/1
Kylian Mbappe 8/1 (Real Madrid favs at 2/1)
Virgil van Dijk 6/4 (same odds as Chelsea)
Andrew Robertson (Hull left back) 8/13
Ryan Bertrand 5/1 (Manchester City favs at 4/6)
Demarai Gray 100/30
Charlie Taylor 7/2
Michael Keane 4/1
William Carvalho 5/1
Jordan Pickford 6/1
Moussa Dembele 8/1
Marco Reus 8/1
Joe Hart  8/1
Daniel Sturridge to stay 5/4 (West Ham 5/2 to sign him)

I'd be very surprised if Mbappe wanted to join Liverpool.  I imagine he could move to a much better team.

I'd take Ramsey if the price was right.

If the chat of Van Dijk costing 40 or 50 million is true they shouldn't even consider it.

Bertrand would definitely improve the side.

Reus is massively overrated and no doubt massively overpriced.

Hart is just shite.

HA! HA! HA!

Hound

Stallion was some man alright.
It was not a coincidence that himself and indiana disappeared at the same time!

J70

Indiana. Whatever happened to HIM? He should be lording it in smugness over the success of the Dubs.

under the bar

Quote from: yewtree on December 21, 2019, 09:18:53 PM
WOW Can you believe it ? Liverpool FC are World Champions !!!! #ynwa

Time for beers and fillies later ....

Well done but, as usual, United won it years before you!  ;)

laoislad

We've conquered all of Europe the World.
Allez Allez Allez....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

under the bar

Quote from: laoislad on December 21, 2019, 11:13:44 PM
Allez Allez Allez....

United got there long before you.....as usual! ;D

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on December 21, 2019, 11:13:44 PM
Allez Allez Allez....

World Champs has a nice ring to it!

Seem to be picking up an injury every game, which is a little worrying.

Depending on the length of Matip and Lovren's injuries and with Fab also being out, I wonder does Klopp consider a Caulker type loan deal for a center back? Van Den Berg is no were near ready and Hendo is grand against the likes of Monterey Aquarium but don't want him as first choice back up against anyone in the League.

quit yo jibbajabba

Hoever at cb and Jones in mid could be on Klopps radar, the new guy comin in will help numbers too but aye the injuries are piling up...

BennyCake

Where does this competition rate?

I remember United winning it in 08. While it's nice to say your team are World Champions, in the great scheme of things, it didn't matter a big pile to me.

The fact that it's in Qatar says a lot really. As with most things with football now, it's all about corruption and greed. And now we have it in the GAA too. Merry Christmas!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on December 22, 2019, 11:55:37 AM

I remember United winning it in 08. While it's nice to say your team are World Champions, in the great scheme of things, it didn't matter a big pile to me.

The fact that it's in Qatar says a lot really. As with most things with football now, it's all about corruption and greed. And now we have it in the GAA too. Merry Christmas!

Pages 336 on the Utd thread has the main discussion on Utds win of the world club cup, one poster (the obvious one) bangs on about it. The other posters more concerned with the Milan game and Vidic being red carded
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on December 22, 2019, 11:55:37 AM

If you are talking about money, it's worth $5 million for the winners, the FA Cup is worth £2 million and the League Cup is worth £100,000.
It gave Liverpool more exposure to a middle eastern and Asian audience.
It gave Liverpool more exposure to a wider international audience.
There is a feel good factor about winning another Trophy/Cup early in the Season.
Winning is a habit.
Medals like these may not be the center piece of a decent players collection, But they are a nice peripheral addition.