Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on May 12, 2017, 10:13:39 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 12, 2017, 09:56:03 AM
twice thon c***ts played the Hillsborough card;
ye may just put him in the WUM category with the rest of the clowns;
more WUMs than genuine posters around these days;
Are there no mods anymore?

4. Inappropriate posts, incitement or racist posting.
   This is a very broad topic, and can be the most subjective in the way the moderators view things. In general, it would be the 'good manners' rule. Specific examples of
    inappropriate posts would be the following. (This list is by no means conclusive)
      - Abusive posts between fans of soccer teams, clearly not part of good humoured banter. Mentions of Hillsborough, Munich, Heysel or alluding to these incidents in a
        way designed to incite other posters to break forum rules.

Disgraceful from Avondhu Star to try and point score using Hillsborough.  Worse still when someone takes a stand by calling out the vile chanting from their own fans United v Liverpool games, only for a so-called fellow fan to post an "ah sure both sides were at it" response rather than have the balls to agree with calling out the vile element of their own teams support.  This "we are one big family" crap makes me sick.

bamboo

Where are the mods indeed? They've been turning a blind eye in here recently. Whats the consensus regarding halting site remarks? Been a few of those made over the last few weeks when posters can't deal with their issues and resort to type.

Some pathetic comments on here from lads that wouldn't have the guts to say similar in the real world.

Genuine question- would you tell your family/mates about the 'hilarious comment' you made on an internet forum in an attempt to seem tough? The mention of halting sites or hillsborough to score points is beyond pathetic and needs to be called out as such. Disappointed that regular decent posters let this rubbish go without comment.

Liverpool will get 4th- and deservedly so over the course of the season.

The Stallion

Why do some people who were in no way directly affected by the likes of Hillsborough, Munich etc,and don't know anyone who was, get so worked up about an Internet stranger making insensitive comments about these types of incident?

It might make me think less of the person who made the comment but I wouldn't get upset about it. I'd be genuinely keen to hear from anyone who can explain this without slabbering about me being a troll as usual.

J70

Quote from: The Stallion on May 13, 2017, 06:22:02 PM
Why do some people who were in no way directly affected by the likes of Hillsborough, Munich etc,and don't know anyone who was, get so worked up about an Internet stranger making insensitive comments about these types of incident?

It might make me think less of the person who made the comment but I wouldn't get upset about it. I'd be genuinely keen to hear from anyone who can explain this without slabbering about me being a troll as usual.

But he's not making a comment about Hillsborough or Munich per se.

This is what he said:

The only certainty is that Liverpool fans will act the Bollix on their travels and then play the Hillsborough card to get a bit of sympathy

He is saying that Liverpool fans engage in hooliganism and then, when held accountable for it, try to get out of it by appealing to the Hillsborough disaster (however that particular piece of logical gymnastics is supposed to work??).

Given that some people here travel to watch Liverpool play, I'm sure some take it a little personally being lumped into some false, imaginary, stereotype.

Don't personally care myself as the only thing such a comment does it paint the commenter as either a clueless idiot or a gobshite trying to get a reaction.

But, it is against forum rules due to past degenerations of discussions and so should be highlighted. And again, its not discussions of the incidents themselves which has been the problem. It is when the idiotic songs are used as some sanctimonious justification of the moral superiority on behalf of either or other team's supporters that is the problem.

The Stallion

I wasn't referring to his particular comment, it just seems to be an odd reaction which some people have to any comments regarding certain tragedies.

justinn

Latest Arsenal 3-1 Stoke  75m

justinn

Latest Arsenal 4 - 1 Stoke 79m

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: laoislad on May 13, 2017, 07:15:50 PM
Fair play to Arsenal, I thought they would drop a few points in their last two games. They will win their next two handy so Liverpool have to win tomorrow or they won't get Top 4.

That's about the height of it. Everton aren't going to break their backs to do Liverpool a favour, and why would they?

Arsenal have collected nine points since last Liverpool's game ended last Sunday morning in three tricky (on paper) fixtures.

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2017, 08:41:40 PM
Fair play to Arsenal, I thought they would drop a few points in their last two games. They will win their next two handy so Liverpool have to win tomorrow or they won't get Top 4.

That's about the height of it. Everton aren't going to break their backs to do Liverpool a favour, and why would they?

Arsenal have collected nine points since last Liverpool's game ended last Sunday morning in three tricky (on paper) fixtures.

Neither would Everton roll over just to fcuk up Liverpools chances?

J70

Quote from: Boycey on May 13, 2017, 08:54:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2017, 08:41:40 PM

Neither would Everton roll over just to fcuk up Liverpools chances?

No, but when that 50/50 ball is there to be won, which player is more likely to put it all out there to win it, the one with nothing to play for or the one with the prize of champions league football available?

Of course, you could say the same for Liverpool versus West Ham tomorrow, but they're playing with fear and are creating very little, while Arsenal have nothing to lose, are playing with a bit of freedom and are used to late season dashes for the line.

I am not optimistic based on recent performances, including against West Ham. I hope they surprise us with a dynamic, ballsy, intensive performance.

StGallsGAA

FFS the West Ham lads are already on the beach and a fair  few probably out clubbing tonight!   Liverpool at 4/6 has to be a shoe-in?   6/5 HTFT and a whopping 9/5 minus a goal! 

The Stallion

The determination to downplay Liverpool's top 4 chances despite it being a foregone conclusion they'll get top 4 is bizarre. Even a manager as incompetent as Klopp would be hard pushed to f**k it up.

Perhaps some of my fellow Liverpool supporters want to feel like finishing fourth is something worth giddily celebrating. Strange one.

J70

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 13, 2017, 09:11:17 PM
FFS the West Ham lads are already on the beach and a fair  few probably out clubbing tonight!   Liverpool at 4/6 has to be a shoe-in?   6/5 HTFT and a whopping 9/5 minus a goal!

Tell that to Tottenham.

Windmill abu

If Klopp and Liverpool manage to hold on to a top four finish, will he be considered a success. Bearing in mind that Wenger has achieved that every year for the last twenty and has Arsenal in this year's FA cup final, while some Arsenal fans are calling for his resignation.
Never underestimate the power of complaining