Ceili House Folk Club ~ For Planxty fans!

Started by The Gs Man, June 25, 2007, 09:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

For anyone who fancies heading up.......mention your from the gaaboard and I'll buy you a free pint......of blackcurrant and water.

Friday 29th June 2007

After last month's excellent instalment of the Ceili House Folk Club featuring Cahal Hayden, Arty McGlynn and PJ McDonald, we're back with one of the icons of Traditional Irish Music and musicians.  Andy Irvine will be making his second appearance at The Ceili House. 

Irvine occupies a unique place in the musical world, plying his trade as archetypal troubadour, with a solo show and travelling lifestyle that reflects his lifelong influence, Woody Guthrie.  Few others can equal his repertoire, Irish traditional songs, dexterous Balkan dance tunes, and a compelling canon of his own material that defies description.   

Support on the night will be provided by local singer/songwriter Barry McSherry.  Drawing his influences from such luminaries as Luke Kelly, Christy Moore and Bob Dylan, McSherry has played in venues all across the North of Ireland and is building up a solid and loyal fan base.  McSherry has just released his debut EP "Screenplay" to widespread acclaim.

Admission to the gig will be by ticket only, priced at £10.  A limited number of tickets are still available from the Ceili House Bar or by phoning 02838 327624 or 02838 322076.

Doors open at 8.30pm so come early to reserve your seat!

For more details visit www.theceilihouse.com

Keep 'er lit

Donagh

You bagged a champion there Gs. Andy is amazing live.

SammyG

Sounds like another cracker Gs Man

Probably a stupid question but are any of these gigs recorded? I'm jealous as fcuk that I can't get to them and would love a CD.

stiffler

How did last Friday nite go Gs Man, heard some good reports. Is it true your getting a weekly column in the lurgan liar  :P
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Gs Man

Quote from: SammyG on June 25, 2007, 10:14:38 PM
Sounds like another cracker Gs Man

Probably a stupid question but are any of these gigs recorded? I'm jealous as fcuk that I can't get to them and would love a CD.

Unfortunately not as the performers aren't for that sort of thing (well last months anyway).  I can see their point as well.  I have the CCTV footage though, minus the sound!

Quote from: stiffler on June 25, 2007, 10:33:15 PM
How did last Friday nite go Gs Man, heard some good reports. Is it true your getting a weekly column in the lurgan liar  :P

Class gig Stiffler.  Swanee River have to be seen to be believed....I reckon they will be signed within 6 months. http://www.myspace.com/swaneeriver .....and we played alright ourselves.  I had your name on the Guestlist by the way.  It being your 30th birthday and all.....Lurgan Liar loves us.....check it out tomorrow.

Keep 'er lit

SammyG

Quote from: The Gs Man on June 26, 2007, 07:55:03 PMUnfortunately not as the performers aren't for that sort of thing (well last months anyway).  I can see their point as well.  I have the CCTV footage though, minus the sound!
No probs, I thought that would be the answer, but it was worth asking any way.

The Gs Man

I'll maybe sneak a mini-disc in for Friday!  :P
Keep 'er lit