Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Poor Pearse, wrong sex and wrong accent for the big push to become a major party in the 26.
He is the obvious choice though.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Granted I'm not objective but O'neill and Mary Lou are awful. Anderson is also terrible. Doherty is excellent.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Orior on September 02, 2019, 01:06:39 PM
I would enjoy seeing O'Dowd take over from O'Neill.

Always seems like he has a strategic view and is good at articulating his argument.

I think a unity candidate is badly needed.here - a man of the calibre of Barry McElduff, perhaps?

Applesisapples

Anderson is an unrepentant wing nut there to keep the SuperTiocfaidh's happy. She puts off middle-class voters. O'Neill may well be a smart women but her media performance is woeful, she speaks too fast and the message is lost. O'Dowd is a solid media performer and his intelligent and coherent. He makes persuasive arguments and doesn't just repeat old mantra's. Conor Murphy is undoubtedly leadership material as well. I can't believe that O'Dowd is doing this entirely without support from the higher echelons.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Denn Forever

Quote from: Rossfan on September 02, 2019, 02:37:37 PM
Poor Pearse, wrong sex and wrong accent for the big push to become a major party in the 26.
He is the obvious choice though.

He could get a voice coach to make him like Danial O'Donnell.  Also help him speak a bit slower with a less hectoring tone.  I suppose the TD from Cavan has retired.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on September 03, 2019, 10:57:02 AM
Unless the grass roots are rebelling?

O'Neill makes me cringe every time she's on the TV.

It's not the accent, she can't help that and that's subjective anyway. It's that she doesn't seem to veer away or offer anything other than the party line and there's little insight with her as to how she herself would do things.

She may be different in private but the public persona isn't good.

O'Dowd comes across as more conciliatory, Murphy more confrontational, both a step up from O'Neill.

O'Dowd wouldn't have thrown his hat in the ring if there wasn't support for doing so from within the party.

Jim Bob

Bit a'bitchin' going on within Sinn Fein.

Michelle G supporting Lurgan John for Vice President

Armagh18

Quote from: OgraAnDun on August 06, 2019, 09:59:43 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2019, 06:57:14 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 06, 2019, 06:48:24 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 06, 2019, 12:02:55 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 06, 2019, 11:43:13 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 06, 2019, 11:33:45 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 06, 2019, 10:30:00 AM
It's abit like Trump rabble rousing his so called base, same here, and and we know our opinion on trumps base of supporters.

But what does it say about people who vote SF after their antics?
That there unfortunately is no credible alternative if you want a UI. The SDLP have no one of note or intellect. SF do have saner voices such as O'Dowd, Murphy and Brady. Unfortunately this anti British clown grabs the headlines. Mary Lou is a disappointment as President and Michelle O'Neill is useless.

SF will never deliver a UI and never is a long time. They haven't the ability or skill to persuade those who need persuaded.

I don't think anybody will ever persuade those who need to be persuaded

The people who need to be persuaded are the 20% or so in the middle, hard unionists and loyalists will never vote for it but demographics are changing and Brexit has opened up an economic debate that is only really beginning. I do think for the border poll to happen it would need to be predicated by Scottish independence and an intensive open debate on the costs/benefits of reunification. It would also need to be driven by civic nationalism and the Irish political parties in order to give it the best possible chance of success.

Who else is driving it at the minute? The Tories and British Labour Party?
Johnson and Co are doing as good a job as anyone at the minute  :D :D

Armagh18

Quote from: Ambrose on September 02, 2019, 01:39:19 PM
They'll need to shift Mary Lou as well if they are to halt their electoral decline, especially in the south. Personally I think Pearse Doherty is the obvious choice for leader and they could do worse than have Conor Murphy as deputy.
Pearse is the best politician in the country. By far.

screenexile

"Martina has been doing great work in Brussels lobbying the EU on our behalf"

BennyCake

With the Gibraltar crest on the shirt. Is she campaigning for them too?

tyroneman

O'Neill prob won't have much support round Strabane way after the DARD issue.......

Applesisapples

Martina Anderson is an embarrassment and it is time she was pensioned off.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: screenexile on September 18, 2019, 11:13:18 AM
"Martina has been doing great work in Brussels lobbying the EU on our behalf"

I'm actually depressed to find out this actually happened and not a mock up.