Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on January 09, 2019, 10:49:41 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 09, 2019, 10:06:36 AM
Quote from: screenexile on January 09, 2019, 12:00:47 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 08, 2019, 11:16:42 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on January 08, 2019, 10:21:49 PM
As a northern nationalist who fully supports a united Ireland, gay marriage, abortion rights and an Irish language act who do you suggest I vote for? The shinners, for all their faults, are the only show in town.

Jaysus, that's a depressing thought.

A United ireland, gay marriage, ILA, abortion - SF push those because they know DUP are against all. I honestly think SF don't care about GM/ILA/abortion, they just want to try to show DUP as these Neanderthals because they don't support them. SF need To feed off the DUP for their own survival and to remain relevant. And vice versa.

SF have done f**k all. But they divert attention from that by rubbing the DUP up the wrong way. It's a pathetic charade.

There is literally NO show in town for almost half the population of the North. At least the DUP and Sammy are at Westminster spouting absolute drivel that their base laps up. Sinn Fein are doing ABSOLUTELY f**king NOTHING as they hope if they stay quiet enough they'll get their border poll.

No Government because of no Irish language act? We're past that now lads get the Government up and running and people's lives back to normal and we can have the border poll in a few years once we have the majority . . . The irony being the South probably won't want to take us on anyway!!

We are badly lacking leadership and I actually think McGuinness wouldn't have us in this position. He's such a loss for the North we're only starting to appreciate the work he did in holding it all together for so long!!

Here I'll kick SF as much as any in NI but it's not just the ILA that brought down Stormont. The DUP are unworkable with. The ILA was just the breaking point. The DUP don't understand negotiations or compromise. SF aren't much better to be honest but the DUP are on another level. Every concession they give to anything Irish is seen as a defeat and they fight it as much as possible.

SF facilitated the DUP. SIF is a perfect example. SF are every bit as bad as the DUP for letting them away with it. SF and the DUP are unable to govern. They only lasted 11 months without the other parties in the executive, no budget for example. They couldn't run a bath.
So you're saying SF are bad because they are letting the DUP away with it, Screenexcile is saying they should forget about things and try and make it work with the DUP and getting Stormont up and running again. So whichever way they decide to go they are going to get slated. For what it's worth, I think they made the correct decision walking away. They DUP needed to learn that they didn't have sole control of NI. It had been building and hopefully will make the DUP realise in the Long run that they need to engage better and not see any reference to Irish culture as a negative. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 09, 2019, 12:41:33 PM
As a northern nationalist who fully supports a united Ireland, gay marriage, abortion rights and an Irish language act who do you suggest I vote for? The shinners, for all their faults, are the only show in town.

A United ireland, gay marriage, ILA, abortion - SF push those because they know DUP are against all. I honestly think SF don't care about GM/ILA/abortion, they just want to try to show DUP as these Neanderthals because they don't support them. SF need To feed off the DUP for their own survival and to remain relevant. And vice versa.

SF have done f**k all. But they divert attention from that by rubbing the DUP up the wrong way. It's a pathetic charade.

There is literally NO show in town for almost half the population of the North. At least the DUP and Sammy are at Westminster spouting absolute drivel that their base laps up. Sinn Fein are doing ABSOLUTELY f**king NOTHING as they hope if they stay quiet enough they'll get their border poll.

No Government because of no Irish language act? We're past that now lads get the Government up and running and people's lives back to normal and we can have the border poll in a few years once we have the majority . . . The irony being the South probably won't want to take us on anyway!!

We are badly lacking leadership and I actually think McGuinness wouldn't have us in this position. He's such a loss for the North we're only starting to appreciate the work he did in holding it all together for so long!!

Here I'll kick SF as much as any in NI but it's not just the ILA that brought down Stormont. The DUP are unworkable with. The ILA was just the breaking point. The DUP don't understand negotiations or compromise. SF aren't much better to be honest but the DUP are on another level. Every concession they give to anything Irish is seen as a defeat and they fight it as much as possible.

SF facilitated the DUP. SIF is a perfect example. SF are every bit as bad as the DUP for letting them away with it. SF and the DUP are unable to govern. They only lasted 11 months without the other parties in the executive, no budget for example. They couldn't run a bath.
So you're saying SF are bad because they are letting the DUP away with it, Screenexcile is saying they should forget about things and try and make it work with the DUP and getting Stormont up and running again. So whichever way they decide to go they are going to get slated. For what it's worth, I think they made the correct decision walking away. They DUP needed to learn that they didn't have sole control of NI. It had been building and hopefully will make the DUP realise in the Long run that they need to engage better and not see any reference to Irish culture as a negative.

They should get Stormont up and running again. And while they're at it they should DO THEIR f**king JOBS and run the executive like an office of government rather than a vehicle for corruption.

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on January 09, 2019, 01:29:51 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 09, 2019, 12:41:33 PM

They should get Stormont up and running again. And while they're at it they should DO THEIR f**king JOBS and run the executive like an office of government rather than a vehicle for corruption.
And give in to a DUP Veto on everything? You're statement sounds great but is incredibly naive. Stormont was set up as a Power sharing agreement. If the DUP are unwilling to share power then it's outside of SF's control. And that's basically what it comes down to. The choice is to either give in and let the DUP control power completely in NI or No stormont. They tried negotiations with the DUP who refused to budge. I don't agree that it should always be SF/ Nationalists who have to move on their position. If you have a realistic plan of how to get Stormont up and running again other than just giving into the DUP again then I'd be interested in hearing it, but needs to be a bit more that "they should DO THEIR f**king JOBS".
Personally I think SF come  with that much baggage that the DUP are always on the defensive and SF have to deal with that in a better way than they are doing. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Itchy

Quote from: naka on January 09, 2019, 10:59:31 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 09, 2019, 08:10:50 AM
Quote from: naka on January 09, 2019, 08:08:02 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on January 09, 2019, 07:44:55 AM
Jaysus the stoops are taking the FF takeover very bad.
The stoops are dying , if FF give some leadership and structure then they will start to get some support from the disillusioned  nationalist masses .
Here's hoping 🤞

The only thing FF will teach them is corruption and how to f**k up a country. If you are looking to those w**kers for help god help you. How anyone in this country could vote for them after what they did is beyond me.
I take it you don't live in the north
we have no government
everything is a carve up between dup/sinn fein,
apart from sound bites regarding irish language etc
what are they actively doing re brexit,regarding job losses, education, health etc
ff might just bring sinn fein a dose of reality that they and the dup must start acting like grown ups and start justifying their salaries

I was born and bred 5 mies south of the border. I am aware of how the North operates and I am also aware of how the south works. FF are a cancer and if you think getting cancer is the cure for your ills you are sadly mistaken.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 09, 2019, 11:48:04 AM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 08, 2019, 04:17:39 PM
Quote from: markl121 on January 08, 2019, 02:17:35 PM
Their politicans seem to have lost the ability to think for themselves and it has been increasingly evident since MON became the northern leader. First it was the gay marraige thing and now its aboprtion.

It's not unusual for a party to keep members in line with whip for issues.

As for thinking for themselves I thought the evidence at the RHI inquiry was very damning.  The evidence of Martin O'Muilleoir was shocking but overshadowed by the DUP shenagins.  It appeared that the most mundane of decisions were passed to third parties for sing-off.

It's a measure of how dysfunctional Northern politics has become that this hardly garnered any attention.

/Jim.
None of the parties covered themselves in glory regarding RHI and it's oversight, it's just that the DUP were embroiled in the scheme.

My point is peripheral to the RHI scheme really.  What I found strange was that an elected a politician was getting "approval" from non-elected people for even the most mundane decisions.

It presents two likely scenarios.  The first is that he is completely incompetent.  The second scenario (one which would be grist to the mill of Shinner critics) is that shadowy figures in the background are running the show.

The DUP have made such a fcuk job of things, the Shinners could get away with that without a whimper from the press.

It's bewildering to watch it from outside but I guess both parties have massive electoral mandates which they can point to as justification.

/Jim.

Minder

Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2019, 10:33:33 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 08, 2019, 10:28:22 PM
I was reading a few tweets about belfast city council meeting last night and the motion to cut bonfire funding. A carve up between sf and dup is what long called it. Hard not to disagree.

Exactly harold. It is difficult. There are some ones moving up from the south i see with about 6 candidates. I can't recall name. Aside from them no one.

Belfast City Council funding is an exercise in SF & DUP allocating money to their own wee pet groups that are staffed by party activists, family members etc. Has been like that for years.

And today the Irish News reports that £500k of "bonfire diversion" Council funds has been awarded to Feile, before the application process has even started, and a director of Feile is the brother of a SF councillor.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sheugh Water

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2019, 04:42:40 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2019, 10:33:33 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 08, 2019, 10:28:22 PM
I was reading a few tweets about belfast city council meeting last night and the motion to cut bonfire funding. A carve up between sf and dup is what long called it. Hard not to disagree.

Exactly harold. It is difficult. There are some ones moving up from the south i see with about 6 candidates. I can't recall name. Aside from them no one.

Belfast City Council funding is an exercise in SF & DUP allocating money to their own wee pet groups that are staffed by party activists, family members etc. Has been like that for years.

And today the Irish News reports that £500k of "bonfire diversion" Council funds has been awarded to Feile, before the application process has even started, and a director of Feile is the brother of a SF councillor.

And then the walk out along with the DUP few days ago in Belfast when the SIF project was challenged at council meeting. And then there is Maria Cahill of course. And then............. far too many issues

trailer

Quote from: Itchy on January 09, 2019, 02:01:00 PM
The stoops are dying , if FF give some leadership and structure then they will start to get some support from the disillusioned  nationalist masses .
Here's hoping 🤞

The only thing FF will teach them is corruption and how to f**k up a country. If you are looking to those w**kers for help god help you. How anyone in this country could vote for them after what they did is beyond me.
we have no government
what are they actively doing re brexit,regarding job losses, education, health etc
ff might just bring sinn fein a dose of reality that they and the dup must start acting like grown ups and start justifying their salaries

I was born and bred 5 mies south of the border. I am aware of how the North operates and I am also aware of how the south works. FF are a cancer and if you think getting cancer is the cure for your ills you are sadly mistaken.

Who do we need then FG?
If Fianna Fail are a Cancer, Sinn Fein are the black plaque.

charlieTully

Quote from: trailer on January 09, 2019, 05:11:59 PM
Here's hoping 🤞

we have no government

Who do we need then FG?

Did your da get knee capped or something?

trailer

Quote from: charlieTully on January 09, 2019, 06:47:46 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 09, 2019, 05:11:59 PM
Here's hoping 🤞

we have no government

Who do we need then FG?

Did your da get knee capped or something?

Worse

Kidder81

I see in the latest Sinn Fein/DUP carve up the Belfast City councillors voted down channelling the £500k to an anti-poverty initiative so it could be given to Feile, so we can safely assume Jackie McDonald and his cohort of "community workers" will be getting a similar rate payer funded windfall soon, with Sinn Féin's full backing.

LeoMc

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 09, 2019, 08:33:04 PM
I see in the latest Sinn Fein/DUP carve up the Belfast City councillors voted down channelling the £500k to an anti-poverty initiative so it could be given to Feile, so we can safely assume Jackie McDonald and his cohort of "community workers" will be getting a similar rate payer funded windfall soon, with Sinn Féin's full backing.

They don't even try to hide it any more.

Maybe with global warming we can grow bananas.

Kidder81

Quote from: LeoMc on January 10, 2019, 07:33:57 AM

They don't even try to hide it any more.

Maybe with global warming we can grow bananas.

They know they can do it unchallenged and will all be voted back in and can continue to do it, maybe raise a few strategic green/orange sham fights towards election time

Tony Baloney

Purely coincidentally  :-\ an identical sum of money has been made available for bonfire initiatives.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46787542

imtommygunn

Also all of them walked out en masse when that SiF stuff was talked about :(