Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 02, 2020, 09:48:50 AM
United were abysmal yesterday, far too much talk about Arsenal though who failed to create anything of note against a shambolic United. We treated them like they were Bayern Munich, an absolutely gutless display from start to finish.

I've defended Ole to the hilt so far but rightly so deserves a lot of stick for that yesterday, mentioned after Wednesday night we struggled for long periods to put a move together and the theme continued. Formation didn't work yesterday and should have been changed at half time but wasn't and couldn't believe he failed to change it at all, subs didn't work at all.

I've got no issue with him changing formation in Europe but he's can't do it in the league, never make any progress by messing about it with every week. Its going to cost him his job as will having faith in Pogba, he's 27 and not going to change. Every game there's an incident of him switching off or getting caught in the middle of the pitch when in possession, he's out of contract in 18 months and isn't an integral part of this time so needs to be dropped.

Not for the first time I've come on here to post something and you've said it already. I'm one of Ole's biggest defenders and genuinely think he's making progress but he simply has to stop putting faith in Pogba. As well as the penalty, which I think needs no further comment, (and not the first time to do something like that in an important game), his general play was a complete liability to the team. Every time he gets the ball he goes the wrong way, tries the wrong thing, does his own thing.....and then his positional sense and workrate off the ball is as bad as it gets. He's going to cost Ole his job if this keeps up. Can't understand how he left him on afterwards and took off Greenwood.....was he worried about the potential controversy? I hope not but it was the wrong call. Pogba was far and away the worst player on the pitch. Weird how it's home games that United are struggling in.....you'd think no crowds would mean there's little difference where games are played. Strange.

Never really got at Arsenal which is annoying. I didn't think they were going to score and probably wouldn't bar that stupid intervention.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 02, 2020, 11:51:48 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 02, 2020, 09:48:50 AM
United were abysmal yesterday, far too much talk about Arsenal though who failed to create anything of note against a shambolic United. We treated them like they were Bayern Munich, an absolutely gutless display from start to finish.

I've defended Ole to the hilt so far but rightly so deserves a lot of stick for that yesterday, mentioned after Wednesday night we struggled for long periods to put a move together and the theme continued. Formation didn't work yesterday and should have been changed at half time but wasn't and couldn't believe he failed to change it at all, subs didn't work at all.

I've got no issue with him changing formation in Europe but he's can't do it in the league, never make any progress by messing about it with every week. Its going to cost him his job as will having faith in Pogba, he's 27 and not going to change. Every game there's an incident of him switching off or getting caught in the middle of the pitch when in possession, he's out of contract in 18 months and isn't an integral part of this time so needs to be dropped.

Not for the first time I've come on here to post something and you've said it already. I'm one of Ole's biggest defenders and genuinely think he's making progress but he simply has to stop putting faith in Pogba. As well as the penalty, which I think needs no further comment, (and not the first time to do something like that in an important game), his general play was a complete liability to the team. Every time he gets the ball he goes the wrong way, tries the wrong thing, does his own thing.....and then his positional sense and workrate off the ball is as bad as it gets. He's going to cost Ole his job if this keeps up. Can't understand how he left him on afterwards and took off Greenwood.....was he worried about the potential controversy? I hope not but it was the wrong call. Pogba was far and away the worst player on the pitch. Weird how it's home games that United are struggling in.....you'd think no crowds would mean there's little difference where games are played. Strange.

Never really got at Arsenal which is annoying. I didn't think they were going to score and probably wouldn't bar that stupid intervention.

While Pobga was the match winner for Arsenal by giving away yet another stupid penalty the worst player on the pitch yesterday was McTominay whom should have been subbed at half time but was kept on all game.

Once Arsenal went ahead their tactics was to defend as a team and hold onto that lead, Ole let's be honest didn't help himself with his choice of subs, needing a goal and off came the most creative player in the team and played with two central defensive midfielders.

screenexile

Pochettino insists he's ready for a return to management. . . crazy how coincidences like these happen!!

Sounds like Ole's won't be driving too much longer!!

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on November 02, 2020, 08:09:11 PM
Pochettino insists he's ready for a return to management. . . crazy how coincidences like these happen!!

Ole is doing fine, leave him where he is!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on November 02, 2020, 09:08:49 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 02, 2020, 08:09:11 PM

Ole is doing fine, leave him where he is!

Absolutely!

Jokes aside...if utd win their game in hand, they are only 6 points off top, and add to that they are top of the CL group...no way they are getting rid yet (I hope)

pbat

Giggs arrested for ABH on his girlfriend, great player utter sc**bag.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pbat on November 02, 2020, 11:01:03 PM
Giggs arrested for ABH on his girlfriend, great player utter sc**bag.

Hopefully locked up and sacked, if true
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

That may just be the slackest goal I've ever seen a professional football team concede  :o

gerrykeegan

Scholes at halftime. Under 12 defending. Bit of an insult to under 12s
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Milltown Row2

If this result doesn't show Ole the door I don't know what will! Love the guy but seriously?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

A shock defeat, poor performance and remains to be seen how damaging that result will be in this group.

First goal especially was worse than U12 defending, 2nd goal a gift also. United never looked like scoring a 2nd goal to grab a draw. Istanbul Basaksehir unlike United made sure they were difficult score against and even former player Rafael defended well and deserved to be on the winning side tonight. 

rodney trotter

Cavani could be another Sanchez or Falcao.
Just signing a big name but not really fitting into the team. Jota fitting in perfectly at Liverpool.

lurganblue

Big Sam would have approved of the use of Maguire as a striker for the last 10.

laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on November 04, 2020, 08:36:05 PM
Could hardly be any worse as a striker than he is as a defender..

I thought anyway ye were just undercooked, looks like some of them may go back into the oven....!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on November 04, 2020, 08:36:05 PM

I'd rather have big Sam up front or in defence than Maguire!