Galway V Mayo R4 Qualifier

Started by Maroon Manc, July 01, 2019, 10:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

For the first time in 20 years the loser is out, married to a Mayo woman so not the draw we wanted.

Mayo4Sam

While it's the hardest draw we could have gotten it's also the one team we really want to and need to beat
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

thebackbar1

word has it that Mayo won't agree to the coin toss, so its heading to Limerick :(

Oldira

Surely Hyde Park is a far more suitable venue? Can easily hold 20,000. aaDoubt there will be any more than 3000 Galway fans at it.

weareros

Quote from: thebackbar1 on July 01, 2019, 11:25:54 AM
word has it that Mayo won't agree to the coin toss, so its heading to Limerick :(

Mayo would be afraid a coin toss to land the game in Pearse Stadium, or even worse, MacHale Park.

rosnarun

Quote from: weareros on July 01, 2019, 11:31:10 AM

Mayo would be afraid a coin toss to land the game in Pearse Stadium, or even worse, MacHale Park.
pretty sure may and galway have a longstanding home and away agreement.
limerick would be crazy is naot galway/ mayo ennis more likely or longford.
I don't think anyone wants to risk life and limb going to roscommon
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

galwayman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 01, 2019, 10:48:04 AM
For the first time in 20 years the loser is out, married to a Mayo woman so not the draw we wanted.
Same as - the outlaws will be unbearable if we lose this.

sid waddell

Why not just play it in Ennis in that case

About 10k would turn up in Limerick

galwayman

It will be in Roscommon surely? The Connacht final replay thing was a connacht council stipulation but they are not in control of games outside the province. The coin toss is not a runner anyway as all games have to be at a neutral venue.

weareros

Quote from: rosnarun on July 01, 2019, 11:40:07 AM
Quote from: weareros on July 01, 2019, 11:31:10 AM

pretty sure may and galway have a longstanding home and away agreement.
limerick would be crazy is naot galway/ mayo ennis more likely or longford.
I don't think anyone wants to risk life and limb going to roscommon

Not being made available anyway. The bigger threat to limb is players injuring themselves on MacHale sod. Could be out of Connacht if Mayo/Galway can't agree.

GalwayBayBoy

I have no idea about this one. Galway have had the indian sign over Mayo at pretty much all grades of football for 4 years now but the performance in the 2nd half of the Connacht final was so deplorable and gutless that you couldn't predict a win with any confidence. You would hope there would be a reaction to that but Kevin Walsh's teams tend to let the opposition take the initiative in games so I wouldn't be banking on seeing a reaction either.

Huge game for Walsh because if Galway lose this I can't see him surviving. Horan will very likely be in charge of Mayo next year no matter the result.

macdanger2

Quote from: weareros on July 01, 2019, 11:48:09 AM

Not being made available anyway.

By Roscommon CB? The businesses in Roscommon Town won't be too happy about that I'd say. What's the reasoning?

Ennis has been a happy hunting ground for us in recent years

Cunny Funt

Quote from: galwayman on July 01, 2019, 11:44:48 AM
It will be in Roscommon surely? The Connacht final replay thing was a connacht council stipulation but they are not in control of games outside the province. The coin toss is not a runner anyway as all games have to be at a neutral venue.

Will be a bit silly if this game isn't played in Connacht. Hyde Park hosted recent Connacht finals with 23 to 25k and no Connacht council stipulation is in place as you say for qualifier games. If rumours are true that Mayo said no to a toss of coin for home advantage i'd wonder did anyone tell Mayo that they have never lost a qualifier game in MacHale Park? 

larryin89

Limerick 7 pm part of double header
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: larryin89 on July 01, 2019, 01:11:19 PM
Limerick 7 pm part of double header

If the story about Mayo refusing the coin toss is true then this is a f**king ridiculous situation for both sets of fans.