AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 19, 2017, 10:42:55 AM
This is the weirdest Tyrone thread I've ever seen with hardly any chat about Tyrone at all.
Just wondering are people aware how much Tyrone have cleaned up their act on the pitch.
Yes Morgan's shouting at the Down player was not in good taste but I don't think there has been much cynical or dirty play in their 3 games in Ulster.

In fact it took 28mins for the first free to be scored in the Ulster final last Sunday.
Our discipline in the tackle has been a huge factor in winning games and it will be interesting to see does this continue when the matches get tougher. Should we get to meet the Dubs, it would be great if we don't give Dean Rock handy frees and so they would have to fight a lot harder to get scores.

Do the Monaghan fans feel a bit like the Galway fans I wonder in that should they win their next match they will either play Dublin or Tyrone? Galway should they beat Donegal will probably face Kerry next as they can't meet Mayo again.
For me Monaghan still could shock a few people as they have a good team with talented forwards.
Many would consider them 5th in the rankings and well able to beat Mayo or Tyrone on their day.

Regarding the system next year. Have they decided yet which provinces will be grouped together. I mean this year Leinster play Ulster so does that mean next year Leinster will be in the same group as Connacht as last year it was Leinster v Munster?

Dont be stupid FM - people outside Tyrone cant look at us or our games objectively as it wouldnt support their lazy analysis.

Morgan aside (and really he only done were Down players were at the whole first half) we have been impeccably behaved this season

Zulu

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 19, 2017, 01:06:10 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 19, 2017, 11:04:28 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 19, 2017, 08:47:06 AM
Quote from: Zulu on July 19, 2017, 12:15:02 AM
Don't agree it was an anomaly. Clare were unlucky to meet Mayo this year and Tipp, short their best forward, lost to Armagh by a goal. I think both those teams will make QF's again before long. A SF might be beyond both again but QF's are very much within their range and if Tipp get a few hurlers back and O'Riordan from Oz they will make them regularly enough.

I'd get rid of the provincials in the morning, for many reasons, but the inequity of the provinces would be one of the main ones. It's daft having four groups of unequal numbers feeding into the All Ireland series.

Tipp's best forward played the full 70 minutes against Armagh.

You'd accept he was severely hindered though?

You'll accept he played the full 70 minutes and scored Tipp's only goal with a great individual effort?

Absolutely, which begs the question what damage he would have done fully fit. Besides, the point is Tipp and Clare are at least as good as most of the counties in Ulster and both have a decent chance of making QF's for the foreseeable future.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Zulu on July 19, 2017, 02:53:12 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 19, 2017, 01:06:10 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 19, 2017, 11:04:28 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 19, 2017, 08:47:06 AM
Quote from: Zulu on July 19, 2017, 12:15:02 AM
Don't agree it was an anomaly. Clare were unlucky to meet Mayo this year and Tipp, short their best forward, lost to Armagh by a goal. I think both those teams will make QF's again before long. A SF might be beyond both again but QF's are very much within their range and if Tipp get a few hurlers back and O'Riordan from Oz they will make them regularly enough.

I'd get rid of the provincials in the morning, for many reasons, but the inequity of the provinces would be one of the main ones. It's daft having four groups of unequal numbers feeding into the All Ireland series.

Tipp's best forward played the full 70 minutes against Armagh.

You'd accept he was severely hindered though?

You'll accept he played the full 70 minutes and scored Tipp's only goal with a great individual effort?

Absolutely, which begs the question what damage he would have done fully fit. Besides, the point is Tipp and Clare are at least as good as most of the counties in Ulster and both have a decent chance of making QF's for the foreseeable future.

Fully fit is a bit of a misnomer, plenty of players carry knocks into the game, Donaghy played on after dislocating his finger in the first half.

Tipp and Clare are not as good as most of the counties in Ulster I would argue. Tipp are missing a lot of players granted but they're missing about half the amount of players Derry are for instance this season. Armagh are also missing quite a few players I can think of off hand for various reasons - Tony Kernan, Kyle Carragher, Mickey Murray, Stephen Harold, Caolan Rafferty, Michael McKenna, Kevin Dyas would be some I could think off for a brief thought.

The fact is both Clare and Tipp have made 1 All Ireland QF in the past 17 years so it's a bit of an extension to claim they can do it regularly.

Rossfan

Zulu, why don't you just admit that Ulster is the best, that all its 9 teams are super, that Ulster would win every All Ireland only for Kerry Dublin and Mayo get soft passages to the All Ireland Series.
Then that effin Bomber might just go away  and and give us all a break.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Taylor on July 19, 2017, 01:11:35 PM
This is the weirdest Tyrone thread I've ever seen with hardly any chat about Tyrone at all.
Just wondering are people aware how much Tyrone have cleaned up their act on the pitch.
Yes Morgan's shouting at the Down player was not in good taste but I don't think there has been much cynical or dirty play in their 3 games in Ulster.

In fact it took 28mins for the first free to be scored in the Ulster final last Sunday.
Our discipline in the tackle has been a huge factor in winning games and it will be interesting to see does this continue when the matches get tougher. Should we get to meet the Dubs, it would be great if we don't give Dean Rock handy frees and so they would have to fight a lot harder to get scores.

Do the Monaghan fans feel a bit like the Galway fans I wonder in that should they win their next match they will either play Dublin or Tyrone? Galway should they beat Donegal will probably face Kerry next as they can't meet Mayo again.
For me Monaghan still could shock a few people as they have a good team with talented forwards.
Many would consider them 5th in the rankings and well able to beat Mayo or Tyrone on their day.

Regarding the system next year. Have they decided yet which provinces will be grouped together. I mean this year Leinster play Ulster so does that mean next year Leinster will be in the same group as Connacht as last year it was Leinster v Munster?

Dont be stupid FM - people outside Tyrone cant look at us or our games objectively as it wouldnt support their lazy analysis.

Morgan aside (and really he only done were Down players were at the whole first half) we have been impeccably behaved this season

I'm feeling rather nauseous.

Zulu

If you can't accept Quinlivan was injured and not just carry a knock then you're not discussing this but simply trying to point score. He was a passenger for most of the game and not the central figure he would normally be.

What Tipp or Clare have done in the past 17 years is irrelevant to their immediate future. Tipp were in an All Ireland semi final last year and have a strong recent underage record and Clare have shown themselves to be a very competitive team against many of top 16 to 4 teams. I don't know if they will be in QF's regularly but there's nothing to suggest that a championship game against Armagh, Cavan, Fermanagh, Derry, Antrim or Down would be at least 50:50 in the foreseeable future. Monaghan and Donegal would probably be a bit too strong and Tyrone very likely to beat them.

You're entitled to disagree with that but I don't see any recent evidence to suggest you'd be right. Both Tipp and Clare tend to be underestimated as 'hurling' counties but at the moment they are definitely a match for any team not in the top 6 in the country.

Zulu

Quote from: Rossfan on July 19, 2017, 03:47:32 PM
Zulu, why don't you just admit that Ulster is the best, that all its 9 teams are super, that Ulster would win every All Ireland only for Kerry Dublin and Mayo get soft passages to the All Ireland Series.

Ha, fair enough. I've made my point so I'll leave it now.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Zulu tipped Dublin to hockey us, then Kerry to win the final, in 2008 (long memories), so I'll just leave that there! :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

skeog

Zulu

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 19, 2017, 04:07:59 PM
Zulu tipped Dublin to hockey us, then Kerry to win the final, in 2008 (long memories), so I'll just leave that there! :P ;)

Jaysus, was I posting here 9 years ago? If I said that I've obviously matured and developed a far better understanding of football so you can now take my views as gospel!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Zulu on July 19, 2017, 04:43:55 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 19, 2017, 04:07:59 PM

Jaysus, was I posting here 9 years ago? If I said that I've obviously matured and developed a far better understanding of football so you can now take my views as gospel!!

Time truly flies a chara:

Date Registered:December 14, 2007, 11:24:54 PMLocal Time:July 19, 2017, 04:48:48 PMLast Active:Today at 04:43:55 PM

You might have been a breath of fresh air, once ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Wildweasel74

At present Tyrone are probably the biggest threat to dublin; Kerry to me are poor at the bck but strong at midfield and forwards! If they were meeting Kerry in the semi fancy them to beat them@! But they got dublin who are looking very strong without costello; connolly, flynn; brogan currently starting in the forwards! Tyrone have a strong bench but dublin have the stronger team and bench! They have a issue at fullback however without O'Carroll however!

trueblue1234

Jeez can u not just debate without the hyperbol. Bomber has a point.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Main Street

Jesus not another narcissistic, all about Tyrone,  what about Tyrone, oh dear they're not talking enough about us and how great we are for being less of a bastárd this year,  etc etc. 
The thread is not a Tyrone thread, it's about a 1/4 final,  as it stands now  Tyrone v  3 other possible teams.

Cue some stupid schoolyard reactionary retort ;D

Rossfan

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 19, 2017, 09:25:50 PM
Jeez can u not just debate without the hyperbol. Bomber has a point.
Humour hasn't reached Ulster yet.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM