Meath vs Mayo, Croke Park 21/7/19

Started by thejuice, July 14, 2019, 11:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: thejuice on July 20, 2019, 11:14:41 AM
Much of the analysis in the media has been very much Mayo focused. I understand why but funny to be in the middle of it. No one seems to be asking "how can Meath win this game" or "how will Meath set up to attack Mayo".  I don't particularly mind to be honest and it's not like I feel we need to be the centre of attention but it's strange to see all the same. Kerry and Donegal is getting the lions share of coverage anyway.

Judging by our selection we'll do the same as before with a mix of running from Menton, McEntee, O'Sullivan Keoghan, Harnan mixed with long ball into Newman with Conlon and runners in support.

My biggest worry is midfield, our kickouts are not of the required quality and also our fitness in the last ten minutes is also a concern against div 1 teams

Meath looked flat out on their feet for the final quarter of the Donegal game. Will one week be enough recovery time against Mayo who will be like a wounded animal?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mrhardyannual on July 20, 2019, 09:13:46 PM
Can anyone confirm that Tom Parsons lined out for Charlestown in the past week? If true it's close to a miracle.

No. I was at the Knockmore v Charlestown and he wasn't named.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 21, 2019, 12:31:17 AM
Can anyone confirm that Tom Parsons lined out for Charlestown in the past week? If true it's close to a miracle.

Who won the game

Farrandeelin

Quote from: joemamas on July 21, 2019, 12:52:15 AM

Who won the game

Charlestown by 11.

All the best to the lads today. Have conflicting emotions about this one. Safe travelling to the fsns/fools from both counties. Up Mayo

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 21, 2019, 07:46:49 AM

Who won the game

Charlestown by 11.

All the best to the lads today. Have conflicting emotions about this one. Safe travelling to the fsns/fools from both counties. Up Mayo

Where's the.conflict?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

sid waddell

Mayo need to win today by a minimum of 15 points and preferably by 20+, otherwise they're relying on the kindness of strangers.

Big difference between needing any win against Donegal to qualify and needing to win by 10.

It's the sort of game where you wouldn't be that surprised if Mayo reach that 20 point target, especially against an inexperienced team with fitness issues on their third week out in a row who must have serious scars from their last Croke Park appearance - but neither would you be totally surprised if they have a complete catastrophe and somehow contrive to lose the game.

Blowitupref

Quote from: sid waddell on July 21, 2019, 09:47:01 AM
Mayo need to win today by a minimum of 15 points and preferably by 20+, otherwise they're relying on the kindness of strangers.

Big difference between needing any win against Donegal to qualify and needing to win by 10.

Am i right in saying if Donegal lose today then two 1 point wins v Meath and Donegal would be enough for Mayo to reach the last 4?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tubberman on July 21, 2019, 08:37:35 AM

Who won the game

Charlestown by 11.

Where's the.conflict?

As in one minute I think we'll win, next one I think we'll lose.

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 21, 2019, 10:06:31 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on July 21, 2019, 08:37:35 AM

Who won the game

Charlestown by 11.

Where's the.conflict?

As in one minute I think we'll win, next one I think we'll lose.

Ah right, yeah i think most people are wary of this one. I thought you meant you were in two minds whether you wanted us to win or not!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

sid waddell

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 21, 2019, 09:59:56 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on July 21, 2019, 09:47:01 AM

Am i right in saying if Donegal lose today then two 1 point wins v Meath and Donegal would be enough for Mayo to reach the last 4?
If Mayo draw today and Donegal lose by 1, a 1 point win over Donegal would then likely be enough for Mayo to qualify

Unless Meath pull off a miracle and beat Kerry

Tatler Jack

thejuice

Graham Reilly not even on the bench  :o
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016