Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 30, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegreeenandgold

vetoldthe

Whatever about a manager i want to see laois get a top class coach
preferably someone with a proven track record,we have some good young players coming through
with the players that are already on the senior panel i really believe a good coach could bring our
players up another level, here are a few things we could improved on like  tackling, support play,
short kickouts, in position for breaking ball, ahead in the race for the ball, passing the ball with either hand
and hopping the ball with either hand, learning a player to give fake, shimmy, or a dummy, and keeping
the ball low when the keeper advances, maybe with the right management team in place we could hold
our own in div 2 for the coming season.  I would like to thank John Sugrue for coming in when laois were
at a low point and introducing lots of new players and getting us from div 4 to div 2 in two years well done.

Gmac

Who ever takes over Laois defending and stopping goals should be a priority most matches we lost this year we conceded a lot of goals , even happened at u20 Leinster final

BallyroanAbu

It's clear there is not a suitable candidate for Laois at the moment, possibly only Davy Burke in Kildare fits all the criteria that we require.  I still am not in favor of an outside coach as it's sticking plaster constantly.  The development of Laois based coaches for Laois teams is much more sustainable.

However in my mind there is utterly no reason why we cannot go back to Sugrue and try persuade him to return,  In any business or aspect of life anything is possible if there is a will to make that happen.  The return of Sugrue is imperative to Laois both on and off the pitch.  For John there is the chance to create something going forward all within a workable distance from home,  I have never thought he was motivated by money.  ( I don't know him that well)  but the opportunity to direct and control the framework of a county rarely comes round.  In Kildare, Tipperary or where ever he was linked with he is only a manager, Laois provides the opportunity to do far more.   

les Antiques

I believe there are a number of reasons why we can't go back and persuade Sugrue to return and in time I think he will give his reasons why .
Don't see why Luke Dempsey should be considered while there are lads from our county equally and just as good that are interested in the role .

Target Man

Quote from: les Antiques on August 31, 2019, 01:00:49 PM
I believe there are a number of reasons why we can't go back and persuade Sugrue to return and in time I think he will give his reasons why .
Don't see why Luke Dempsey should be considered while there are lads from our county equally and just as good that are interested in the role .

Who is interested?

Luke Dempsey would be a disaster, definitely would be better take a chance on an inside manager

Jd

I believe there are nine reasons why he won't go back   They were his ten recommendations to be implemented at the start of his tenure but co board only did two and then rowed back on one which was the divisional tournament so he upped and walked

The PRO

Quote from: Jd on August 31, 2019, 03:30:32 PM
I believe there are nine reasons why he won't go back   They were his ten recommendations to be implemented at the start of his tenure but co board only did two and then rowed back on one which was the divisional tournament so he upped and walked
Exactly as I heard it Jd.

Giovanni

Does anyone know what these recommendations were? Were they feasible?

portlaoisekid

Quote from: redsetanta on August 30, 2019, 05:08:44 PM
If that were the case I think many of the older players will call it a day. Couldn't see them having much appetite for him after the Sugrue term.
not just older players, younger players would give it up too ... And rightfully so... Jesus from what I've heard of Dempsey , we should literally give up rather than giving him the job.

Blow-in

Cool the jets. Luke Dempsey is not or won't bw in the running. Once again Zooming Around and his other username, Clonadmad, like to stir things.

les Antiques

Heard last night from a fairly credible source  that Pauric Joyce has been offered the job . A few issues with Galway u20 s to sort out but looks like he's about to take his first step into inter county management .

BallyroanAbu

Padraig Joyce is no chance would be seriously shocked.

clonadmad

Quote from: Batman!!! on August 31, 2019, 11:59:19 PM
Cool the jets. Luke Dempsey is not or won't bw in the running. Once again Zooming Around and his other username, Clonadmad, like to stir things.

Actually we are 2 different posters,sonny

Wrong as usual

les Antiques

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 01, 2019, 01:10:59 PM
Padraig Joyce is no chance would be seriously shocked.

OK BallyroanAbu 🤔