Mayo v Dublin - AISF - Saturday 5pm

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 04, 2019, 10:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

befair

Probably the demise of a great Mayo team, who will be remembered when many Sam Maguire winners have been forgotten. Unlucky to be in the same era as undoubtedly the greatest gaelic football team ever. But they had their chance, the goalkeeper debacle, and then Donal Vaughan's utterly foolish needless red card (from such a great player too)

TheGreatest

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 13, 2019, 09:07:30 AM
TheGreatest, have you proof of your source's word regarding James Horan and 70k or not?

I cant prove it. I was only told that, that it is apparentley that figure, could be rumour, i never said it was a fact. It wouldnt suprise me though, its elite county level, sure some coaches can get 20-30 k etc in Dublin, Anthony Daly doesnt manage Kimacud for the good of his health. Nor Anthony Rainbow Ballyboden.

As yes, i know there paid professionals in the Dublin set up too.

Blowitupref

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 13, 2019, 03:03:05 PM
TheGreatest, have you proof of your source's word regarding James Horan and 70k or not?

I cant prove it. I was only told that, that it is apparentley that figure, could be rumour, i never said it was a fact. It wouldnt suprise me though, its elite county level, sure some coaches can get 20-30 k etc in Dublin, Anthony Daly doesnt manage Kimacud for the good of his health. Nor Anthony Rainbow Ballyboden.

I'm sure what Farrandeelin is getting at is you shouldn't post in that manner if you have no proof and basing something on hearsay/rumour.

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 12, 2019, 01:36:38 PM
Is Horan's 70k a year worth it?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 13, 2019, 08:55:21 AM
Quote from: mup on August 12, 2019, 04:19:02 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 12, 2019, 03:42:45 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 12, 2019, 03:09:25 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 12, 2019, 02:59:27 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 12, 2019, 02:42:14 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2019, 02:01:57 PM
Hard luck Mayo, 10 minutes Blitz was all that was required in the end. Dublin only scored 1-02, the same as Mayo, outside this period in the 2nd half. Unfair on Mayo to come into this match with a 1 week break.

No real sympathy for Mayo overall, always nice keeping them down.

Especiaslly when Jim Gavin is only volunteers his timet to the cause. 

As fo O'Connor, if that was Connolly, imagine, just imagine the social and mainstream outrage, i will say no more but he should be off the panel, too much baggage, cant be trusted.
Where did you hear this? First I have heard about it. Can't disagree with you about O'Connor. Unfortunately,he has earned himself a hard man's reputation and I honestly think he does believe in getting his retaliation in first a lot of the time. Contrast that with Aidan O'Shea. He gets more abuse, verbal and physical than any other I can think of but he can be compared with O'Connor in this regard.
It's a pity but that's the way I see it; he has earned a bad reputation and isn't likely to get the benefit of the doubt from most referees.

I have no proof but believe my source, i wouldnt say hes doing it for nothing. I dont want to witch hunt any player and i will leave it at that Re: O Connor, i wont be opening a thread on a single player and let it run for 110 pages because he put a finger on a linesman.

Yeah but just a former player and manager right though? Your full of shit and just because that Connolly thread was bullshit or the crap about Dublin players not having jobs or conspiracy theories that Dublin players are juiced up doesn't excuse that you are full of shite and will spew and or believe any old bollix you hear about the hill 16 hate figures like O'Shea, Keegan, Horan, Andy Moran etc...
The great Randy Newman had a song called small people and you should have a listen to it you might find it interesting!!

Sorry, you will find me in the Hogan stand these days. I dont hate anyone,  i understand a lot of these guys have lives to get on with the next day, i am not like others on this forum with personal and libel attackes on players.

I do believe it should be open to the Public what managers are getting paid. It would cut out  a lot of these " rumours".

Again you are talking complete bullshit. You have no problem having a go at any Mayo player on here or anything connected with Mayo football or posting some bullshit statement about your perception of how Mayo get all the decisions from refs or more whataboutery on Mayo's finances or James Horan's supposed payments while posting all this anonymously on a internet forum and constantly sniping at Mayo but then coming out with a mealy mouthed I don't hate any county statement and sure good luck anyway blah blah blah!!
Provide some facts to back up your rumours or at least have the balls to stand by your sneaky comments and insults or just keep them to yourself. You would swear the Dubs had 68 year famine and were not going for a historic five in a row with the miserable threads, bollix bar stool philosopher posts and bullshit lies you spew about Mayo on here for the last couple of years.

Fair play for calling this bullshit for what it is. This same poster is continuously at this crack and when called out on it to provide the proof he cannot show it. He claims other counties pay their managers while Jim Gavin does it for sfa. Cannot provide proof for either. Never mind the constant disparaging, snide and condescending comments emanating from every post of his.

A complete bluffer/bullshitter.

Again, i wont be drawn to the level of Mayo and Kildare posters in personal attacks. No supirse its posters from Mayo and Kildare, they have taken some beatings over the last decade and find it hard to deal, i understand but personal attacks shouldnt be allowed but again the mods on this forum are at it themselves.

Back to the game. As higlighted above, great aggression shown by Dublin and both team teams in the first, a real championship battle, however natural skill took over the second half and sin e.

Poor diddums.

The reason why it's Kildare and Mayo posters is because you claim you know how much Kieran McGeeney and James Horan were paid during their time in Kildare and Mayo respectively. You were asked several times to provide proof and you have yet to provide it.

From Castlebar to Castledermot that is called bullshitting.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 13, 2019, 03:15:47 PM

I'm sure what Farrandeelin is getting at is you shouldn't post in that manner if you have no proof and basing something on hearsay/rumour.

Fair point, is Jack O Connor and Paul Galvin taking up roles many miles from the Kingdom for the good of their health too ! 

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 14, 2019, 08:33:21 AM

Fair point, is Jack O Connor and Paul Galvin taking up roles many miles from the Kingdom for the good of their health too !

Still no proof to back up your lies.

easytiger95

O'Connor at least has family ties with Kildare and one of his sons is living and playing club football there. Paul Galvin and his wife AFAIK are based in Dublin. Stop f@~king muckraking.

TheGreatest

Quote from: mup on August 14, 2019, 10:10:04 AM

Still no proof to back up your lies.

Only lies if proven untrue.

So no inter county or club manager are being paid? Outside of minumun expenses for travel etc.

Rossfan

Of course not.
Sure if they were wouldn't they be suspended for breaching the Rules and Ethos of the GAA ;D.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ciar

Quote from: befair on August 13, 2019, 01:44:11 PM
Probably the demise of a great Mayo team, who will be remembered when many Sam Maguire winners have been forgotten. Unlucky to be in the same era as undoubtedly the greatest gaelic football team ever. But they had their chance, the goalkeeper debacle, and then Donal Vaughan's utterly foolish needless red card (from such a great player too)
People say this every year but there simply aren't enough good teams to put Mayo into the wilderness, they have room to decline and still be among the top 5 or 6 teams. Teams like Cork, Kildare and Meath are the worst versions of themselves in 20 years and still make quarter finals, it's almost impossible for a big team to fall away in the current landscape.

larryin89

Quote from: Ciar on August 14, 2019, 11:45:35 AM
People say this every year but there simply aren't enough good teams to put Mayo into the wilderness, they have room to decline and still be among the top 5 or 6 teams. Teams like Cork, Kildare and Meath are the worst versions of themselves in 20 years and still make quarter finals, it's almost impossible for a big team to fall away in the current landscape.

Mayo have fallen from a team capable of winning an all Ireland 2012-17 to a team well off capable , that is demise . It will be worse next year as we have a few retirements from some of the toughest warriors to ever wear the jersey coming soon. So yes it is demise , end of an era whatever takes your fancy .

Now I don't believe it will take Mayo long to build as the building has begun already , this is one part of Horan type management I think he is very good at and I expect him to have a great side put together for his last year in 22
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Ciar

Quote from: larryin89 on August 14, 2019, 12:42:50 PM
Quote from: Ciar on August 14, 2019, 11:45:35 AM

Mayo have fallen from a team capable of winning an all Ireland 2012-17 to a team well off capable , that is demise . It will be worse next year as we have a few retirements from some of the toughest warriors to ever wear the jersey coming soon. So yes it is demise , end of an era whatever takes your fancy .

Now I don't believe it will take Mayo long to build as the building has begun already , this is one part of Horan type management I think he is very good at and I expect him to have a great side put together for his last year in 22
Everyone is in demise then other than Dublin considering it's a one team competition now and for the foreseeable future. Mayo are still well capable of beating anyone else as demonstrated by the league win and performances against Galway and Donegal. With a good draw (avoiding Dublin) and a big performance at the right time they can still make AI finals and survive in league 1 for the coming years. The era will continue IMO.

larryin89

''Tis all about opinions and mine is we are seeing the end of an era for that mayo team who were capable of beating Dublin in era 12-17 and did so in 12 .  Not near the same team they were , time waits for no man . Keegan despite all his plaudits has not been the same player at all the last two years, I don't believe harry has ever been as good as people make out , Barrett , Andy , seamie, Keith they are all too old now , it's time to go home to the wife and kids . Grma for been some of the finest we have ever seen wear the jersey , honestly they brought pride back to the county , they made people's summers these last few year , the journey has been epic .

Trophies collect dust , memories last forever . Thank you .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Am I the only one who is sick of 'the journey' stuff? Yes they were probably the best Mayo team ever and created many memories, except winning Sam. No fault of their own that there was a great Dublin team in the same era, but I'm sick of the journey stuff. Sam eluded them and that's what counts.

Might not have myself clear enough but I'm sure some know what I mean. No point going on a journey when you never arrive at your destination.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 15, 2019, 09:52:36 AM
Am I the only one who is sick of 'the journey' stuff? Yes they were probably the best Mayo team ever and created many memories, except winning Sam. No fault of their own that there was a great Dublin team in the same era, but I'm sick of the journey stuff. Sam eluded them and that's what counts.

Might not have myself clear enough but I'm sure some know what I mean. No point going on a journey when you never arrive at your destination.

No you are not. You'll never hear that rubbish coming from the Dubs? Well first of all they win and Secondly they never have to go far to see their team.

Dads Army did well to make an AI semi-final this year. The introduction of a Super 8 was a disaster for the battle weary Mayo player and a disaster time and money wise for the Mayo supporter.

This year was a disaster for the Mayo season ticket holder.