Mike Sheehy

Quotecarlow the dark horses

jaysus, they are pitch black horses at this stage  :D

Dutch

Quote from: heurebag on August 07, 2007, 06:53:47 PM
derry to win, decy mullan to score 2-13

Jeez heurebag u werent far wrong  ;)

GalwayBayBoy

Good luck to the Galway minors on Sunday. I guess they'll be going in as underdogs but you never know on the day with minors.

dodo

Cracking game of football.
Téinn amuiribh Gaillimh

magickingdom

dodo

Very high standard of score taking and football in general. There never sems to be a bad player on Kerry teams. Both teams deserve great credit for as entertaining a game as I've seen in a while. Pity the cynical gamesmanship will be instilled into these lads.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Maith an foireann sin, Gaillimh, cluiche an chorraitheach a bhí ann.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

From the Bunker

Kerry underage will have to wait another year for a elusive AI. No AI for Minor or under 21's for a long time now. Kerry are also struggling to win under 21 Munster titles also. Not sure of the stats but i think it has been the mid-ninties since and AI has been won at either grade. Still it's so far seems to have had no effect on the aristocrats at senior level!

johnpower

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 19, 2007, 03:07:01 PM
Kerry underage will have to wait another year for a elusive AI. No AI for Minor or under 21's for a long time now. Kerry are also struggling to win under 21 Munster titles also. Not sure of the stats but i think it has been the mid-ninties since and AI has been won at either grade. Still it's so far seems to have had no effect on the aristocrats at senior level!

Its 98 since kerry won an u21 title . Well beaten midfiield in the second half ,Welsh Rettin (Galway no 15 ) very good today . The goals kept Galway in it . Still from the Munster final display this is a big improvement .

galwayman

Graet result for our lads today. Thought it was a cracking game of football. Some of the point taking was unbelievable. i thought Kerry would never miss. They had a grand total of ONE wide in the entire game.Considering this, it was a super win for us.
For me, Anthony Griffin at midfield was our man of the match.He was outstanding. Our 2 corner backs were also very good though Colin Forde at full back had a nightmare game.
Conroy also did very well and kicked some nice points.Damien Reddington had a storming last 15 minutes while Conor Doherty was brilliant in the first half at wing back.
Jonathan Ryan had a poor game - he is so totally left-sided it is easy for the opposing defence to read him.Also, he was miles behind his man for most of the game when the ball was played into his corner first time.
Michael Martyn did quite well especially in the second half as did John O'Brien throughout.
Overall though, a good win and much room for improvement still.

darbyo

QuoteDamien Reddington had a storming last 15 minutes

Thought he was excellent throughout, always gave Galway an outlet up front, scored at least two points and hand an important role in both goals. He also made one magnificent diagonal ball for a goal chane in the second half.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maguire01

It was a decent game, and some great score taking. However, there was some awful cases of giving away possession.

GalwayBayBoy

Congrats to the minors today. They keep surprising me. Thought they were in trouble at half-time as Kerry seemed incapable of hitting a wide. Barry John Walsh is a huge talent and had our full back in all sorts of bother.

That said Galway dominated possession and lorded it around midfield with Griffin and Conroy especially impressive. Damien Reddington was excellent in the corner and Michael Martyn was quietly effective all day. Doherty was very good at wing-back rampaging forward.

Very good game of football with some fabulous scores and good to see a Galway team with a scattering of big ignorant (in a good way) Connemara lads on the team. ;D