Pellet Gun

Started by Jim Bob, June 16, 2019, 08:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Thinking of investing in a wee pellet gun and some targets for a bit of fun out the back of my house over the summer. Anyone do this? Any advice welcomed!,

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 16, 2019, 08:34:59 PM
Thinking of investing in a wee pellet gun and some targets for a bit of fun out the back of my house over the summer. Anyone do this? Any advice welcomed!,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrAwb9ptu9U
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

lurganblue

Used to have a couple of these when I was a teenager. Couldn't tell ya what make or anything now. Always wanted a gas powered one.

Dire Ear

moysider

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 16, 2019, 08:34:59 PM

I have a Shin Sung air rifle. High velocity and even with a silencer it is a bit loud so maybe not what you're after. Works off compressed air. Don't use it much and apart from small potatoes I use as c**k shots I've only ever used it on rats.

David McKeown

Couple of work colleagues had some when I was young always thought them great crack. Now shit scared I'd get the wrong one and end up with one over a joule.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

GJL

In the North you require a fire arm license for an air rifle. Not sure about the south.

north_antrim_hound

I have had both the spring type which is low velocity and terrible accuracy at anything over 30 meters to the compressed air type which are as accurate as a .22 but more expensive than it.
If you just plinking cans and bottles below 30 meters then a good spring air rifle - no license required for it and no license to buy Amo.
For shooting between 30 and 100 meters then a .22 as they are cheaper to use than a good compressed air gun which has to be purged with more air after so many shots and are very expensive to buy.
.22 amo is cheap and you can buy sub sonic quiet bullets to keep the noise down.
Whatever you buy make sure you buy a decent scope.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets