Tyrone v Derry, Healy Park, Omagh, 19:00 Sat 5/3/16

Started by never kickt a ball, February 28, 2016, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

To be fair Derry poor in the tackle. Nothing learned from last year.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

oakleafgael

Couple of points.

Shocking refereeing in general by Coldrick. Any touch by a defender on an attacker is being called as a foul, for both teams but Derry haven't caught on to this and tried taking men on. While inconsistent with cards, haven't seen a tackle worthy of one yet, if he is throwing them about for some of the fouls awarded then Cavanagh should have one.

Didn't see who it was but Harte got a tight dig, that's all well and good but shouldn't have been dragged about by the jersey after it.

Tyrone should have had a black card right before half time for as blatant a third man tackle as you will ever see.

It would freeze the balls of you!

JoG2

Go to ground,  get the free.  Would madden ye

ThroughTheLaces

Feed of drink last night, up at 6am to watch that p***k ruin any chance of a game of football breaking out. Don't like giving out about refs but that first half was very frustrating to watch. Some seriously questionable decisions. In saying that Derry have also completely gone to sleep. Can't see any chance of a Derry victory here.
The apple never falls far from the tree.

BennyHarp

Richie Donnelly is giving some performance here.
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 05, 2016, 08:06:33 PM
Richie Donnelly is giving some performance here.

He's been excellent.

We're horrible!!!! I cant see any way of turning this around for Championship!

Mikhailov

Quote from: tiempo on March 05, 2016, 10:29:21 AM
Quote from: rrhf on March 05, 2016, 07:30:39 AM
Sean mc Laughlin was class alright. Never stopped. Paul Donnelly, wee barney and Cush probably got a raw deal that year. We started some average players by the time we got to the final. Tyrone win tonight and they have Derry mentally scarred for the year. Lovely. Get that glass ceiling in place lads.

Even though Canavan was unreal Cush was my favourite player at the time, so much poise, pace and technically brilliant. Could have put 4 or 5 points on Dublin in the AI final that year if he hadn't got injured the week of the final, that always gutted me about 95

Agree 100% that was one that got away 1995 - that should have been our first All-Ireland and we could have won it 96 also on the back of it.

southderryman

absolutely no consistenancy - some "fouls" are yellow cards, similar fouls at the other end are not. is it any wonder players get frustrated.

in saying that, tyrone are cute and know how to play him, our players dont seem to learn

Mikhailov

Did I hear correctly - the commentator just said 'McCann appears to be ok, his hair just ruffled but play goes on'....??

Out of order if he said that !!

screenexile

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 05, 2016, 08:21:21 PM
Quote from: tiempo on March 05, 2016, 10:29:21 AM
Quote from: rrhf on March 05, 2016, 07:30:39 AM
Sean mc Laughlin was class alright. Never stopped. Paul Donnelly, wee barney and Cush probably got a raw deal that year. We started some average players by the time we got to the final. Tyrone win tonight and they have Derry mentally scarred for the year. Lovely. Get that glass ceiling in place lads.

Even though Canavan was unreal Cush was my favourite player at the time, so much poise, pace and technically brilliant. Could have put 4 or 5 points on Dublin in the AI final that year if he hadn't got injured the week of the final, that always gutted me about 95

Agree 100% that was one that got away 1995 - that should have been our first All-Ireland and we could have won it 96 also on the back of it.

If your Granny had balls she'd be your Granda!!

southderryman

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 05, 2016, 08:26:53 PM
Did I hear correctly - the commentator just said 'McCann appears to be ok, his hair just ruffled but play goes on'....??

Out of order if he said that !!

why is it our of order?

ThroughTheLaces

ONeill

Quare miss my Cavanagh. Weird shot. Did he try to pass it into thr top corner?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ThroughTheLaces

Quote from: ONeill on March 05, 2016, 08:28:58 PM
Quare miss my Cavanagh. Weird shot. Did he try to pass it into thr top corner?

Exactly what he tried to do. Which is unlike him and why he held the hands up in apology. Would normally hammer it home. Like the first one.

BennyHarp

Do Derry ever work on tackling? They are so indisciplined in the tackle it's unreal!
That was never a square ball!!