Quote from: Angelo on December 01, 2019, 11:09:41 PM
Quote from: Club boi on December 01, 2019, 10:20:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 01, 2019, 10:18:25 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on December 01, 2019, 07:46:20 AM
Quote from: clarshack on December 01, 2019, 12:33:52 AM
Quote from: WT4E on November 30, 2019, 09:25:07 PM
In Dublin manager wins 6 all Ireland's in 7 seasons steps aside

Meanwhile in Tyrone..........  :o

When Mickey goes he will likely pass the torch onto Mark, so he will not really be gone anyway.

It's depressing as fcuk to be a Tyrone supporter especially when you know the potential of what could be otherwise.

We're currently a top 4/5 team in Ireland. What is this potential that suggests we're better than the counties above us? U20/U21 is the grade to me that suggests what players are coming through. Ignoring last years u20 Ulster win as players not through yet we've only won one Ulster and all Ireland in the last 13 years. Dublin have dominated Leinster and picked up 4 all Ireland's.

How many Tyrone players would currently make the Dublin team?

Even at club level our champions consistently struggle outside Tyrone. Where is the evidence that Harte should be doing better than he is?

We're also spending less money than the other top counties on the county team which is another disadvantage.

Harte raised the bar for Tyrone football and is now judged under that (unfairly so).

If you look at teams that have won All Ireland's since Tyrone last won one.

Kerry (09 and 14)
Cork (10)
Donegal (12)
Dublin (11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

2 All Irelands in 11 years would be deemed a very poor return down in Kerry as they are the traditional powerhouses of the game along with Dublin.
Cork have fallen away to ridicule and embarrassment since they last won an AI.
Donegal are more or less at the same level as Tyrone are currently and managed to stay at the top but Tyrone have maintained that over a decade and a complete overhaul of their glory years.

You take a look at counties like Derry, Down, Armagh, Galway, Meath etc and how far they have fallen from grace after their glory days of the 90s/00s and I think Tyrone can be grateful that they have remained relevant.

The defeat for Galbally means that we will now have a full pack for the McKenna Cup so Quinn and Kerr will get their chance to impress before the league.

2 x All Irelands for Kerry and how many times have they changed manager since 09??
While Tyrone stick to a dinosaur of the game

You are comparing Kerry with Tyrone, there is a seismic gap in terms of tradition.

Mickey Harte is the only manager who was able to bridge that gap. Changing managers did not do much good for the likes of Galway, Armagh, Meath, Down or Derry now did it? It didn't bring Mayo any closer. I think the bottom line is that for the past decade we just haven't had the players, simple as that.

The team of the decade has cropped up in recent years, I can't think of a single Tyrone player who would be close to getting on it.

But blame the manager.

We've lost All Irelands with Harte in charge. Certainly the losses in 06 and 07 and quite possibly against Cork in 2010.
I'd say he has cost us more than he has won.

Although the 46 McKenna cups is certainly unrivalled. Beating the likes of Queen's University and Monaghan 4ths is to be commended. Showing a real ruthless streak by not allowing the Universities best players to play against Tyrone by threatening them with being axed from the Tyrone panel. A leader. A visionary. 20 more years please!!

That's the problem there with so many Tyrone fans. Unrealistic expectations. There was an excellent Kerry team in the 00's and Tyrone stood toe to toe with them for the majority of the decade.

Yes. Beating Kerry an achievement, but why overlook easy losses to Derry, Laois, Donegal, Cork, Meath?
He's cost Tyrone more than he has won. He has done nothing of note in 11 years. We haven't beaten any team of note since 2008.
It's a pointless argument. There's no way of gauging what he has cost us and what he has won for Tyrone. We might not have got the three we did get without him. There's a lot of other teams who haven't beaten anyone of note since 2008. From 2010 to 2017 we didn't have a top squad. I actually think MH overachieved those years by keeping us competitive. Might be time to go now, but I believe we'll go backwards when he does go. But at least that might realign some supporters expectations.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Redhand Santa

Quote from: trailer on December 02, 2019, 01:56:43 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 02, 2019, 01:47:44 PM
Quote from: trailer on December 02, 2019, 12:35:40 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 01, 2019, 11:09:41 PM
Quote from: Club boi on December 01, 2019, 10:20:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on December 01, 2019, 10:18:25 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on December 01, 2019, 07:46:20 AM
Quote from: clarshack on December 01, 2019, 12:33:52 AM
Quote from: WT4E on November 30, 2019, 09:25:07 PM
In Dublin manager wins 6 all Ireland's in 7 seasons steps aside

Meanwhile in Tyrone..........  :o

When Mickey goes he will likely pass the torch onto Mark, so he will not really be gone anyway.

It's depressing as fcuk to be a Tyrone supporter especially when you know the potential of what could be otherwise.

We're currently a top 4/5 team in Ireland. What is this potential that suggests we're better than the counties above us? U20/U21 is the grade to me that suggests what players are coming through. Ignoring last years u20 Ulster win as players not through yet we've only won one Ulster and all Ireland in the last 13 years. Dublin have dominated Leinster and picked up 4 all Ireland's.

How many Tyrone players would currently make the Dublin team?

Even at club level our champions consistently struggle outside Tyrone. Where is the evidence that Harte should be doing better than he is?

We're also spending less money than the other top counties on the county team which is another disadvantage.

Harte raised the bar for Tyrone football and is now judged under that (unfairly so).

If you look at teams that have won All Ireland's since Tyrone last won one.

Kerry (09 and 14)
Cork (10)
Donegal (12)
Dublin (11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

2 All Irelands in 11 years would be deemed a very poor return down in Kerry as they are the traditional powerhouses of the game along with Dublin.
Cork have fallen away to ridicule and embarrassment since they last won an AI.
Donegal are more or less at the same level as Tyrone are currently and managed to stay at the top but Tyrone have maintained that over a decade and a complete overhaul of their glory years.

You take a look at counties like Derry, Down, Armagh, Galway, Meath etc and how far they have fallen from grace after their glory days of the 90s/00s and I think Tyrone can be grateful that they have remained relevant.

The defeat for Galbally means that we will now have a full pack for the McKenna Cup so Quinn and Kerr will get their chance to impress before the league.

2 x All Irelands for Kerry and how many times have they changed manager since 09??
While Tyrone stick to a dinosaur of the game

You are comparing Kerry with Tyrone, there is a seismic gap in terms of tradition.

Mickey Harte is the only manager who was able to bridge that gap. Changing managers did not do much good for the likes of Galway, Armagh, Meath, Down or Derry now did it? It didn't bring Mayo any closer. I think the bottom line is that for the past decade we just haven't had the players, simple as that.

The team of the decade has cropped up in recent years, I can't think of a single Tyrone player who would be close to getting on it.

But blame the manager.

We've lost All Irelands with Harte in charge. Certainly the losses in 06 and 07 and quite possibly against Cork in 2010.
I'd say he has cost us more than he has won.

Although the 46 McKenna cups is certainly unrivalled. Beating the likes of Queen's University and Monaghan 4ths is to be commended. Showing a real ruthless streak by not allowing the Universities best players to play against Tyrone by threatening them with being axed from the Tyrone panel. A leader. A visionary. 20 more years please!!

That's the problem there with so many Tyrone fans. Unrealistic expectations. There was an excellent Kerry team in the 00's and Tyrone stood toe to toe with them for the majority of the decade.

Yes. Beating Kerry an achievement, but why overlook easy losses to Derry, Laois, Donegal, Cork, Meath?
He's cost Tyrone more than he has won. He has done nothing of note in 11 years. We haven't beaten any team of note since 2008.

Nothing of note in 11 years? We won 4 ulster titles since 2009. To put that into context Tyrone won 1 ulster title in the 70's, 3 in the 80's and 2 in the 90's.

On 4 occasions we didn't win the ulster title we qualified for all Ireland semi finals via the backdoor and on another occasion we reached the All Ireland final.

Some serious unrealistic expectations on here. As someone else pointed out it would be hard to make an argument for the inclusion of any of the Tyrone players to make the team of the decade.

Redhand Santa

Also in the same 11 year period more worryingly we only won 2 ulster minor titles (plus the one u17 one off competition which not all teams fielded their top teams) and 2 ulster u20/u21 titles. So our seniors actually won twice as many ulster's as we won at the 2 underage grades (though the u21's did deliver an all Ireland). That lack of success was achieved with multiple managers. Yet despite all the Mickey Harte bashing on the senior record there is little or no talk how we have regressed at these levels. 

southtyronegael

With all this 'success' Tyrone has been having, I wonder why attendances are so low, general apathy towards the county team, and generally hated by the rest of the country? It's a real head scratcher.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 02, 2019, 08:53:42 PM
With all this 'success' Tyrone has been having, I wonder why attendances are so low, general apathy towards the county team, and generally hated by the rest of the country? It's a real head scratcher.

It's not just Tyrone this is the case in, it's every county. Dublin's domination has destroyed football, a two tier abomination comes into effect next year. The game is gone.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GlenMan

Martin Sludden up for Vice Chair/Chair of the CCC

GlenMan

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 02, 2019, 11:02:03 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on December 02, 2019, 10:30:45 PM

Citation needed!

Annual Report released this evening there online. Has all nominations/motions in it.

nrico2006

Nothing was lost by Harte in 2006, was the worst year I have seen injury wise to key men. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

skeog

Martin Sludden surely not retiring from Refereeing still in the top 4 in Tyrone.He certainly would shake things up at Board level.

trailer

The_Slug

Say what you want but I think he would be a good man to get in, he would actually try and get the fixtures situation sorted.

God14

Quote from: The_Slug on December 03, 2019, 01:44:04 PM

Say what you want but I think he would be a good man to get in, he would actually try and get the fixtures situation sorted.

Agree with this, I hope it happens

trailer

Quote from: God14 on December 03, 2019, 01:49:13 PM

You know what. If he fixes the fixtures then good luck to him.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: trailer on December 04, 2019, 02:30:19 PM
Quote from: God14 on December 03, 2019, 01:49:13 PM

You know what. If he fixes the fixtures then good luck to him.

I think the fixtures are largely unfixable unless fixed at National level.

There are exceptions. Reserve football might need decoupled from senior and the odd double fixture required.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

There will still be issues but the fixtures should be less of a problem next year. As Tyrone aren't in the preliminary round in ulster next year, there is 7 weekends between the last round of NFL (assuming Tyrone don't make the final) and the first round game v Donegal. That should allow 6 league fixtures to be played.

If Tyrone lose that and enter the qualifiers there potentially wont be another Tyrone game until near the end of June allowing 3 more games to be played. Even if they win I think there is still another 1 or 2 slots in between county games to get matches played. There also isn't any u20 county matches during the summer next year so the majority of starred games can be saved for then.

If all goes to plan and fixtures done properly most if not all of the regular league games should be wrapped up pre championship next year. If Tyrone lose to Donegal in ulster there definitely won't be any excuses for them not to be.