Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Stop making ambiguous statements that have little chance of being proved or disproved. Give me six backs in the county who in your opinion are Division 2 standard

BallyroanAbu

Tell me the world beaters Clare had and they are in Div 2

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Unison on July 01, 2017, 04:58:59 PM
Quote from: Andy06 on July 01, 2017, 04:53:48 PM
Another chap sent off when the game was in the mix. F*cking pathetic

Have listened to local journalists criticise poor Laois support, but I pity Laois supporters. Why support unfit and indisciplined teams? My advice is keep your money in your pockets.

Both of you guys were obviously at home and not at the game. O'Loughlin received a second yellow card but no-one can remember him getting the first one. He was being pulled and dragged off the ball and eventually shoved his marker away. The ref as usual took the handy way out and issued two yellows. The only other Laois player that received a yellow before that was Stephen Attride, not O'Loughlin.
Having said that Clare were the better team by far, way fitter and some great movement from their forwards. They deserved their win even tho' they did use 7 subs. I don't think a replay would do Laois any favours but it's out of their hands now.

7 Subs Used:
Clare: Joe Hayes; Gordon Kelly, Kevin Harnett, Martin McMahon; Pierce Lillis, Ciarán Russell, Dean Ryan; Gary Brennan, Cathal O'Connor; Cian O'Dea, Eoin Cleary, Sean Collins; Keelan Sexton, David Tubridy, Jamie Malone. Subs: John Hayes for Russell (56 mins), Gearoid O'Brien for Tubridy (56 mins), Seanie Malone for Sexton (61 mins), Darren Nagle for O'Dea (61 mins), Eoghan Collins for Harnett (64 mins), Darragh Bohannon for Lillis (69 mins), Kieran Malone for S Collins (69 mins).
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 01, 2017, 08:32:14 PM
Tell me the world beaters Clare had and they are in Div 2
[/quote

You can't do it. You're the bullshitter

Unison

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on July 01, 2017, 08:53:46 PM
Quote from: Unison on July 01, 2017, 04:58:59 PM
Quote from: Andy06 on July 01, 2017, 04:53:48 PM
Another chap sent off when the game was in the mix. F*cking pathetic

Have listened to local journalists criticise poor Laois support, but I pity Laois supporters. Why support unfit and indisciplined teams? My advice is keep your money in your pockets.

Both of you guys were obviously at home and not at the game. O'Loughlin received a second yellow card but no-one can remember him getting the first one. He was being pulled and dragged off the ball and eventually shoved his marker away. The ref as usual took the handy way out and issued two yellows. The only other Laois player that received a yellow before that was Stephen Attride, not O'Loughlin.
Having said that Clare were the better team by far, way fitter and some great movement from their forwards. They deserved their win even tho' they did use 7 subs. I don't think a replay would do Laois any favours but it's out of their hands now.

7 Subs Used:
Clare: Joe Hayes; Gordon Kelly, Kevin Harnett, Martin McMahon; Pierce Lillis, Ciarán Russell, Dean Ryan; Gary Brennan, Cathal O'Connor; Cian O'Dea, Eoin Cleary, Sean Collins; Keelan Sexton, David Tubridy, Jamie Malone. Subs: John Hayes for Russell (56 mins), Gearoid O'Brien for Tubridy (56 mins), Seanie Malone for Sexton (61 mins), Darren Nagle for O'Dea (61 mins), Eoghan Collins for Harnett (64 mins), Darragh Bohannon for Lillis (69 mins), Kieran Malone for S Collins (69 mins).

I was at the game. But its the last time I'll go watch them. Unfit and indisciplined! However, I'm sure the day will come when a Laois team finishes a match with 15.

BallyroanAbu

I would start with getting Gearoid Hanrahan back in I would be more worried about organisation than players per se

High Fielder

You're a complete spoofer. Start talking about a lad who isn't even on the panel and then saying we could/should be in Division 2. O Dempsey's playing Josephs in a league final (2 very ordinary teams) and your own team beating Portlaoise (doesn't matter who they had on the pitch) and Laois football is healthy? Seriously lad, you're a dreamer. We'll have your clown friend dripping his poison here later, obviously being fuelled by someone on the panel who isn't good enough to get on the team. Yet he can't explain how his own club is making such a pathetic contribution to Laois football despite having a third of the population at their disposal. Not that I have anything but respect for Portlaoise, but in all honesty their lack of contribution really grates me. They like he rest of Laois have f**k all ambition

BallyroanAbu

You mean the fella who turned down Creedon at the beginning Year.

High Fielder

Nobody could make good of Laois just now. Nobody. Nobody wanted the job and a nobody got it. He was joined by the Chairman's son who hadn't the experience to even be involved, and throw in all the defections and the make up of the panel and it was easy to see it was going to be a tough year. We haven't one back on the panel ffs and here we have you boys looking for credit for somehow thinking you're ahead of the game. Forgive me if I don't give you the credit you obviously think you deserve, particularly when you haven't even the bollix to name six backs this great Division 2 team would be built on.

BallyroanAbu

Only have to worry about Div 4 next year

High Fielder

Well then stop talking about Division 2 ya clown. Six backs please or can you not do it?

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 01, 2017, 08:08:47 PM
Quote from: Andy06 on July 01, 2017, 07:56:07 PM
Less of the gloating town1980.

To be fair he has shipped a quare lot of abuse of late, a lot of bullshitters on here had their arses handed to them today.  On what planet did we ever stand a chance against Clare?

Little wrong with Laois Football that a man with abit of organisation, passion and discipline could not get us into Div 2 and performing better quite quickly.
He's a scurrilous little p***k. Gloating over Laois at their all time low is disgusting.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Don Draper on July 01, 2017, 10:41:03 PM

He's a scurrilous little p***k. Gloating over Laois at their all time low is disgusting.

There's a few more like him here, a lot of them raised their little heads tonight.  Some supporters they are....
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

What do you want people to do stick there head in the sand?   If every player was like Padraig McMahon we would not have these problems.  Unfortunately the attitude and losing mentality is seeping in from a litany of paid mercenarys who do not give two f**ks about laois or their suppporters.  Even last night Creedon was more worried about his personal reputation than the damage his doing.  I only say McMahon because he lives eats and breathes football and I know this personally, I am not commenting on any particular player.

There is a few sheep on here who would follow anything in blue and white, regardless of how players who  represent that jersey behave and act.

High Fielder

Your boy McMahon got run through yesterday. He can't tackle either. Super footballer but soft as melted butter. There's no bite in these lads and there possibly never has been in some cases. No harm to them. I respect what they have given, but this is all about how poor our players are. They are not up to it. Simple as. No coach can change that.