Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 26, 2017, 08:14:14 PM
Quote from: Unison on June 26, 2017, 04:41:43 PM
Clare County Board insisted that their footballers were not playing on Sunday afternoon.  They are a CB that stand up for their players and supporters.

I wonder do the GAA offer little sweeteners of some sort to get counties to go along with their plans. Such as Clare agreeing to a Sunday double header in this instance.
I wonder.
the manager should be using this to try get some reaction from players ,you have got to play with a chip on the shoulder .

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Gmac on June 26, 2017, 08:55:48 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 26, 2017, 08:14:14 PM
Quote from: Unison on June 26, 2017, 04:41:43 PM
Clare County Board insisted that their footballers were not playing on Sunday afternoon.  They are a CB that stand up for their players and supporters.

I wonder do the GAA offer little sweeteners of some sort to get counties to go along with their plans. Such as Clare agreeing to a Sunday double header in this instance.
I wonder.
the manager should be using this to try get some reaction from players ,you have got to play with a chip on the shoulder .

TBH i think that would be grasping at straws!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Unlaoised

Interesting to see what team he picks for saturday

Collins and Finn did no harm the last day and must be in line for a start .

Donher is back ready ..Quigley will be fit ..

I hear Daly is going well in training

Lillis must be considered

Very hard team to predict
LAOIS ABÚ

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 27, 2017, 12:43:50 AM
Donher is back ready .
Niall played a club game Saturday - he's good to go.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

OTF

Quote from: GAA-SMART on June 26, 2017, 03:40:40 PM
SFC Qualifiers Fixture: Laois v Clare on Sat at 3pm in Portlaoise.
SHC Qualifiers: Laois v Dublin at 7pm on Sat in Parnell Park.

Very little consideration given to us here, will have to fly up to the Hurling, no doubt there be a checkpoint on the bridge or speed cameras the whole way up !!  ;)

Am I missing something here,  Clare hurlers are not playing till Sunday 9/7/17   WTF  ???

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: OTF on June 27, 2017, 12:21:55 PM
Quote from: GAA-SMART on June 26, 2017, 03:40:40 PM
SFC Qualifiers Fixture: Laois v Clare on Sat at 3pm in Portlaoise.
SHC Qualifiers: Laois v Dublin at 7pm on Sat in Parnell Park.

Very little consideration given to us here, will have to fly up to the Hurling, no doubt there be a checkpoint on the bridge or speed cameras the whole way up !!  ;)

Am I missing something here,  Clare hurlers are not playing till Sunday 9/7/17   WTF  ???

The Clare Minors are playing Kerry in the Munster Minor Football Championship Final on Sunday which is why Clare said they wouldn't play on Sunday. Not much of a reason as that game is on at 12.00 noon
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Clare have been awkward over this we suited them three years ago moving the football to make it a double header down there

Just go out and bate them
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great to have Donoher back in action.

Donoher boost for Creedon ahead of Clare showdown
http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/06/28/donoher-boost-creedon-ahead-clare-showdown/

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

No word on the team for Saturday I would expect it to be similar to the one that took to the field against Wicklow maybe Donoher to feature .

As I said Finn did no harm with his all around display against Wicklow and Lillis must be close to pushing for a place in the backs!
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Not much of a buzz around the county about the Clare match really. I get the feeling that most people think we'll be beaten. It would be fantastic to get a victory against a quality Clare side, especially after the last time we met. Winning could open up our season a bit pending who we get after but losing would really mean that this whole year is one to forget. We mightn't have the most vintage Laois team this year but by god they are really giving it their all and fair play to them for not making the trip overseas when the opportunity is there. A win against Clare would be a huge boost and hopefully a good number of us in Laois will show up to show our support. Laois to win by 2points.

town1980

stop Tony will ya your too funny,,giving it there all for not going over seas  its better your getting

ILikeStrawberryJam

Its the usual question Tony .. how much will we concede ?

Could easily score 2-12 ish but will it be enough ..

Unlaoised

Quote from: town1980 on June 29, 2017, 02:23:54 PM
stop Tony will ya your too funny,,giving it there all for not going over seas  its better your getting

Sure usually there is a few gone at this stage.

Everyone has stuck at it.Weather that means they are giving their all I don't know.I would like to think they are.

Whilst I think they are not as fit as they should be I still think they might have enough in the tank to beat this Clare team.

I'll be up there to support them on Saturday!

LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Evan O'Carroll playing for Crettyard tonight.  :-\

town1980

I told yee TONYS too funny ,, there giving it there all tony