China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: BennyCake on March 11, 2020, 12:38:27 AM
If we get a warm spell, will that increase or decrease the spread? Does this have a season like flu?

Warm spell will do f**k all for it.

Temperatures in Iran are ~20degC.
i usse an speelchekor

Truth hurts

GAA fixtures at the weekend and the McRory final will be played behind closed doors or a limit to 1000 people. Irish race goers at cheltenham should be advised to  self isolate when they return, as should any holiday makers.

seafoid

Quote from: APM on March 11, 2020, 11:48:30 AM
By the way - I think you are right about Johnston and the NHS.  I'm sure they won't waste this crisis and this virus and the associated recession will give them the cover to have the hardest of hard Brexit - burn it all down and start again.
The virus attacks the respiratory system. The UK only has so many ventilators. Plus the NHS has been run down.
If people start dying because they can't get ventilators the Tories will be in trouble.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 11, 2020, 12:39:52 PM
GAA fixtures at the weekend and the McRory final will be played behind closed doors or a limit to 1000 people. Irish race goers at cheltenham should be advised to  self isolate when they return, as should any holiday makers.

Where did ye hear this

trailer

Source?

Solo_run

If they have cancelled St Patrick's Day parades I wouldn't be surprised in the GAA games were played behind closed doors

JoG2

Where is this info coming from?

screenexile

Quote from: JoG2 on March 11, 2020, 01:06:31 PM

I'm pretty sure he's doing a Nostradamus solo run on this one. . . not to say it won't happen but I imagine it's a stab in the dark!

Also whatever about Unionists blah blah blah but surely our COVID 19 measures should be run from Dublin and not London... we're a totally seperate island with needs more in tune with this Island than the one across the water!!

Truth hurts

I know the Ulster gaa schools committee held a video conference this morning to discuss the MacRory finals

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on March 11, 2020, 01:15:04 PM

I'm pretty sure he's doing a Nostradamus solo run on this one. . . not to say it won't happen but I imagine it's a stab in the dark!

If it is limited to 1000, anyone heading to Celtic Pk on Sunday should be OK  :D

JoG2

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 11, 2020, 01:34:02 PM
I know the Ulster gaa schools committee held a video conference this morning to discuss the MacRory finals

Do continue....

armaghniac

There is light at the end of the tunnel, all temporarty hospitals in Wuhan closed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AFM

Tickets sales online for weekend have just ceased!

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on March 11, 2020, 01:15:04 PM

Also whatever about Unionists blah blah blah but surely our COVID 19 measures should be run from Dublin and not London... we're a totally seperate island with needs more in tune with this Island than the one across the water!!

Yes, can't figure that out. If the virus came in at Cork, it affects the whole island. It won't stop at the border.

f**k what Boris says. North and south need to work as one on this.

AFM

Quote from: AFM on March 11, 2020, 01:54:47 PM

Tickets sales online for weekend have just ceased!

Actually non-story all fixtures going ahead.