America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 14, 2012, 06:14:53 PM
That right to bear arms was back in the day when the wild west wasn't even discovered yet. How it still around 200yrs later when the west is wild no more, beats me. Its abit like a Orange man round here bleating on about his right to walks the queens highway cause he always done it. Way of life got to change with the times
I think it's the same thing. Ulster and America were both settled with extreme violence and it is not always easy for the modern society to lose  the history. The modern US has a problem with violence (although not generally for people who are comfortably off)

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2012/oct/11/prison-rape-obamas-program-stop-it/

I think a lot of suicides are because of the guns as well. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Quote from: stew on December 14, 2012, 06:52:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 14, 2012, 06:20:41 PM
It will never change. The NRA is too powerful and the issue so controversial that the Dems have given up on it. Sure even when Obama hasn't lifted a finger to do anything about guns, the right wing are frothing at the mouth about what they claim he WILL do, all to stir up the paranoid Neanderthals who form their base. Gun sales are through the roof because of what Obama is "going to do!"

You are so right, the only neandertals are republican voters! ::)

Didn't say that, but the right certainly has a preponderance of the knuckle-dragging element of US society. They're already coming out with the predictable "arm teachers" bullshit and calling Obama's tears fake and a cynical attempt to set the stage. We can discuss other issues if you like.

Gun sales are not through the roof, that is bullshit.

HB has already posted something about that.

I can dig up more if you like. Its been very widely covered in the media.

Obama is toothless when it comes to gun control, this will test his leadership and we will see if he has it in him to attack the NRA, somebody needs to have the stones to do so, I fear none will.

I am all for a family having a small calibre pistol or even a shotgun if they hunt, after that I am opposed to people having guns in any form, they are un-necessary and for people to have semi automatic and automatic weapons is madness and a recipe for disaster.

No argument with any of that!

Declan

Excellent post Heganboy - borrowed

heganboy

Holy shit- the NRA are having a press conference saying that we need armed guards at our schools. By telling people that schools are gun free zones, that killers go there for maximum impact because they wont be stopped by armed people there.

I have never seen anything like this, they should have stayed out of it, this is the worst PR possible. Absolutely the worst press conference I have ever seen, worse than Gadaffi's guy saying the Americans are on the run...

Oh- and the media- their fault

and the video games industry their fault too- we (the NRA) found an online game called kindergarten killers, can you believe it- they are to blame...

We need more guns to make us safe
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

give her dixie

This press conference is unreal. This man is deluded and his fake concern is sickening.

Good to see another protester make it to the front of the stage
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

heganboy

holy shit

"the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good gun with a gun"

someone with a gun 1 minute away is better than someone on the 911 call 10 minutes away

give her dixie

This keeps getting better.

"Every school needs an armed policeman before the kids go back to school in January"

give her dixie

The NRA "Eddie Eagle" gun safety video....

heganboy

"I call on congress to ensure there are armed police officers in every school in America when they return after the holidays"

"the NRA will as the pre-eminent trainer in the USA is standing by ready and willing to help with this effort"

the NRA will help with secure design of schools and design of the school shield program, and the former head of the DEA will run the program for the NRA

"if we cherish our kids more than our money, then we must give them the best protection possibly which is properly trained armed personnel in every school"

I am very f**king scared right now

muppet

Quote from: heganboy on December 21, 2012, 04:16:39 PM
holy shit

"the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good gun with a gun"

someone with a gun 1 minute away is better than someone on the 911 call 10 minutes away

The next step is to arm the kids because the teacher would obviously be just that bit further away. Family pets could carry remotely activated incendiary devices so Dad or Mom can blow up the bad guy from a meeting at work.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on December 21, 2012, 04:26:20 PM
"I call on congress to ensure there are armed police officers in every school in America when they return after the holidays"

"the NRA will as the pre-eminent trainer in the USA is standing by ready and willing to help with this effort"

the NRA will help with secure design of schools and design of the school shield program, and the former head of the DEA will run the program for the NRA

"if we cherish our kids more than our money, then we must give them the best protection possibly which is properly trained armed personnel in every school"

I am very f**king scared right now

That is so stupid.- All they care about is protecting their cashflow and influence.

The Iceman

The scary part in all of this for me anyway, is that through religion and politics, the NRA have successfully brainwashed so many people into believing that they are correct on all the above.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Come to think of it, if all the teachers carried guns, indiscipline might become a thing of the past. There might be something in this.

MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

At least four people are reported dead after a shooter opened fire early Friday in Frankstown Township in Central Pennsylvania.

The Altoona Mirror reports that the gunman, whose name has not yet been released, was killed during the shooting. Blair County District Attorney Richard Consiglio confirms that additionally two other men and a woman are now dead.

According to the Tribune-Review, investigators believe the shooter may have opened fire on random people while riding in a vehicle. When he encountered law enforcement, a shootout began.

Two Pennsylvania State Troopers were injured during the shootout the Wheeling News-Register reports shortly after noon local time on Friday. A third officer was injured in a car crash during the ordeal.

http://rt.com/usa/news/four-dead-pennsylvania-injured-598/

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on December 21, 2012, 06:27:24 PM
At least four people are reported dead after a shooter opened fire early Friday in Frankstown Township in Central Pennsylvania.

The Altoona Mirror reports that the gunman, whose name has not yet been released, was killed during the shooting. Blair County District Attorney Richard Consiglio confirms that additionally two other men and a woman are now dead.

According to the Tribune-Review, investigators believe the shooter may have opened fire on random people while riding in a vehicle. When he encountered law enforcement, a shootout began.

Two Pennsylvania State Troopers were injured during the shootout the Wheeling News-Register reports shortly after noon local time on Friday. A third officer was injured in a car crash during the ordeal.

http://rt.com/usa/news/four-dead-pennsylvania-injured-598/
Obviously if the local school principal had a drone operated out of Microsoft Word nobody would have died.
I wonder if the economic crisis is linked to all the recent killings.