AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Valid point I mean performance wise he seems to deliver though even allowing for the trash talk and niggles bringing down the red mist.
#newbridgeornowhere

ashman

The GAA is now in crisis .  The Connolly appeal saga epitomises all that is wrong.  I hope Dublin go on and win the All Ireland as they will be appropriate winners ( I won't say champions) of what is turning in to a vile code.

Mayo can't take any moral high ground either. Kerry have form in this area too.

Really don't care at this stage and may not watch today.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Tubberman on September 05, 2015, 07:24:36 AM
What an absolute farce. Seriously, they're at the stage where suspensions may as well be done away with.

Keane much...................  ::)

Tubberman

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 05, 2015, 08:48:00 AM
What an absolute farce. Seriously, they're at the stage where suspensions may as well be done away with.

Yes, he shouldn't have got off either. You'd do well to find anyone in Mayo who thought he should have.
And the criticism isn't aimed at Dublin (apart from blinkered supporters who actually think this is the correct decision), it's aimed at the ridiculous state of the GAA disciplinary system
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Tubberman on September 05, 2015, 08:51:29 AM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 05, 2015, 08:48:00 AM

Yes, he shouldn't have got off either. You'd do well to find anyone in Mayo who thought he should have.
And the criticism isn't aimed at Dublin (apart from blinkered supporters who actually think this is the correct decision), it's aimed at the ridiculous state of the GAA disciplinary system

I think you'll find a lot of Mayo fans were crying about it, saying Murphy should have gone as well for "striking" which of course was utter tripe.

Keane's ban shouldn't have been overturned, neither should Connolly's but Mayo fans can hardly complain. They probably paved the way for Connolly to get off, so tough shit.

Those two bans being overturned really undermine a referee who made the correct call on both occasions after consulting their linesmen and umpires.

maccer

Who cares anymore?
how can underage mentors try to instill discipline on hard to manage teens when they can point to this. For an association that looked down their noses are soccer for years this is farcical. I give up.
but sure who cares the money is coming in and a horde will be delirious tonight

gallsman

sid waddell

It's gonna get nasty today. Very nasty, I fear.

Some players may well be needing their jaw wired up after it.

Chimley

Quote from: sid waddell on September 05, 2015, 09:26:31 AM

Meanwhile Kerry are sitting back waiting to meet the remains of the winners in two weeks time. Dublin already have some walking wounded and mayo will likely be missing Vaughan for the remainder of the year.

INDIANA

Quote from: sid waddell on September 05, 2015, 09:26:31 AM

That would be my fear too. It's going to be a war-zone today.

Whoever wins today is not going to the final as they'll likely have injuries and suspensions to deal with.

I'd expect something similar to the 1996 AI Final Replay.

Two teams who hate the sight of each other and two sets of fans in a similar boat now after the last week. Could well end up with punch ups in the Stand as well especially with alcohol on board. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Anyway Connolly probably won't start as he was up till 3am this morning and Dublin internally had already announced their team with him not in it.

highorlow

Hope Dermo starts for 2 reasons, he can't be 100% prepared and the dubs have no excuses.

The reasons for clearing him should be published by the g a a otherwise punching opponents is now part of the rules!

P.s. Keane's was a farce too but that was overturned on technical grounds.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Bensars

Decision, nothing to do with the Keane decision

The Panel's decision related to lack of fair procedure afforded to Mr Connolly at an early stage in the GAA's internal disciplinary process which unfairly hindered the preparations for, and presentation of, his defence. Mr Connolly was thus free to play

ashman

highorlow

The times were too short to present his evidence. So it's nothing to do with guilt or not of the strike its to do with the time to present his case.

We could all see the video evidence coming out as the week went on so I can see how that argument would stick. It's like getting a "stay" on proceedings.

But to be able to get a red card overturned because of that is a whole load of nonsense.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Bingo

Apparently the DRA are sitting at half time in the unused cusack stand dressing rooms to hear the first half card appeals.