AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 05, 2015, 06:52:03 AM
Quote from: Chimley on September 05, 2015, 05:38:48 AM
BREAKING NEWS:                  Diarmuid Connolly appeal to the DRA successful. He's clear to line out v @MayoGAA tomorrow. #UpTheDubs

Looks like the DRA have come up trumps for Connolly.

Seriously?
Nothing on RTE or Hoganstand yet, but Irish Times have it, but it contains zero detail and may only have come from the twitter rumour.
So still not sure its true, the tweet that started the rumour (from the official Dublin County Board twitter) came through at 5.02AM. Which is odd

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 05, 2015, 06:52:03 AM
Quote from: Chimley on September 05, 2015, 05:38:48 AM
BREAKING NEWS:                  Diarmuid Connolly appeal to the DRA successful. He's clear to line out v @MayoGAA tomorrow. #UpTheDubs

Looks like the DRA have come up trumps for Connolly.

Seriously?

It's true

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/diarmuid-connolly-cleared-to-play-semi-final-against-mayo-1.2341615

edit to say, based on Times link, and not disputing Hound's musings above
Hasta la victoria siempre

Farrandeelin

I think Dublin could well give us a right hiding now :'(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 05, 2015, 07:11:19 AM
I'd say!

Connolly can't possibly be properly prepared, although still a Connolly motoring at only 50% would be better than whatever alternative we were going to come up with.

As a few of us Dublin fans have been saying for a couple of years, especially when there was the nonsense talk of Dublin dominating for years to come, we have no replacements for Connolly and Flynn, and when they go we will be very much back in the pack. And so when they're off form we're not nearly as impressive looking.

cicfada

Bloody hell, Connolly gets off. This changes everything, I would have said Mayo in his absence but not so sure now .

Tubberman

What an absolute farce. Seriously, they're at the stage where suspensions may as well be done away with.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Hound

Quote from: cicfada on September 05, 2015, 07:21:27 AM
Bloody hell, Connolly gets off. This changes everything, I would have said Mayo in his absence but not so sure now .
Paddy Power just changed their odds on Dublin from Evens to 4/5

It'll wipe out any over confidence in the Mayo camp, which might not be a bad thing for you guys

Chimley

There is no way that Mayo were planning this game without Connolly being there.  I'd have more fear of a Dublin side with a sense of injustice spurring them on.

Tubberman

Quote from: Hound on September 05, 2015, 07:31:04 AM
Quote from: cicfada on September 05, 2015, 07:21:27 AM
Paddy Power just changed their odds on Dublin from Evens to 4/5

It'll wipe out any over confidence in the Mayo camp, which might not be a bad thing for you guys

How in the name of God could we have been over confident!.
its a huge boost for Dublin, no two ways about it. Anyway, just have to get on with it now and hopefully we have enough.
It's more unlikely now, but still doable.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Farrandeelin

The odds on this thread going into meltdown for the day has shortened considerably too I bet. Safe travelling to all and I'll be back on here after the first half giving my own musings.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tippabu

the mayo lad getting off after punching michael murphy has made a huge mess of things. thats two clear punches now where its been seen and both players sent off and both players cleared of suspension afterwards, how can they deem any other punches in the future to be more worthy of a suspension when these arent?
Modify message

Rodman

Although I'm no fan of Connolly and his general attitude last week, I do feel sorry for him. Not knowing last night when going to bed if he was playing today is a compete joke. The GAA are a disgrace.  Why are there 3 lines of appeal. What does the DRA consider that the CHC and CCCC don't. Why not go straight to the DRA. Why do they meet in the middle of the night, could they not have made this decision at a reasonable hour last night. Why are the GPA silent on an issue that is treating their players this way. Complete joke shop!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on September 05, 2015, 07:15:50 AM
I'd say!

Connolly can't possibly be properly prepared, although still a Connolly motoring at only 50% would be better than whatever alternative we were going to come up with.

As a few of us Dublin fans have been saying for a couple of years, especially when there was the nonsense talk of Dublin dominating for years to come, we have no replacements for Connolly and Flynn, and when they go we will be very much back in the pack. And so when they're off form we're not nearly as impressive looking.

Pertinent point about Connolly's preparation but he always strikes me as been mentally strong, think he will be fine but their will be an affect on everyone. I actually think the decision and the circumstances now favour Mayo mentally. I have no doubt Mayo were prepared for this decision.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 05, 2015, 07:50:26 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 05, 2015, 07:15:50 AM
I'd say!

Pertinent point about Connolly's preparation but he always strikes me as been mentally strong, think he will be fine but their will be an affect on everyone. I actually think the decision and the circumstances now favour Mayo mentally. I have no doubt Mayo were prepared for this decision.

Diarmuid Connolly never struck me as particularly mentally strong. Many teams have quite effectively used getting under his skin as a key tactic.