Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

What's the inside story with De LaSalle in the Wild West;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43968686

I can't all be about the principal, can it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 02, 2018, 12:50:32 PM
What's the inside story with De LaSalle in the Wild West;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43968686

I can't all be about the principal, can it?

Wow!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

If the CEO of a company of 1000+ employees returned to work after time off and some of the board resigned, would it make the news?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 02, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
If the CEO of a company of 1000+ employees returned to work after time off and some of the board resigned, would it make the news?

If the CEO of a company with around 100 employees returned to work after time off and some of the board resigned, would it make the news?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 02, 2018, 07:24:24 PM

If the CEO of a company with around 100 employees returned to work after time off and some of the board resigned, would it make the news?

How many students is she looking after also?

If a CEO was incompetent and came back into the same role it might not make the news either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 03, 2018, 09:07:13 AM

If a CEO was incompetent and came back into the same role it might not make the news either

The students are the customers of the company.

If the CEO of a company was targeted by a small group of employees who did not like the fact that their actions had been challenged by the report, from an outside agency that had been called in by the previous CEO, it wouldn't make the news.

Not unlike the situation with a company in another area where the CEO was targeted by a small group of employees and felt sufficiently harassed that it resulted in resignation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43758658

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 03, 2018, 08:32:03 PM

If the CEO of a company was targeted by a small group of employees who did not like the fact that their actions had been challenged by the report, from an outside agency that had been called in by the previous CEO, it wouldn't make the news.

Not unlike the situation with a company in another area where the CEO was targeted by a small group of employees and felt sufficiently harassed that it resulted in resignation.

It is alleged there is MUCH more to that story than is reported.  :-X

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 03, 2018, 08:37:45 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 03, 2018, 08:32:03 PM

It is alleged there is MUCH more to that story than is reported.  :-X

I was thinking that.

Care to share some of the insider gos?

Orior

There are good principals and bad principals.
There are also good teachers and bad teachers.
There are effective board of governors and ineffective board of governors.

The biggest issue is bad principals and an ineffectual board of governors.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Orior on May 05, 2018, 09:57:08 AM
There are good principals and bad principals.
There are also good teachers and bad teachers.
There are effective board of governors and ineffective board of governors.

The biggest issue is bad principals and an ineffectual board of governors.

I am afraid I would have to amend your statement:

There are competent and effective principals and incompetent or ineffectual principals.
There are also competent teachers and incompetent or unsatisfactory teachers.
There are competent and effective boards of governors and incompetent or ineffectual boards of governors.

The biggest issues are incompetent or ineffective principals, incompetent or unsatisfactory teachers and ineffectual boards of governors.

And who is to be the arbiter of this competence and effectiveness? 

Is it the incompetent or unsatisfactory teachers judging those principals who want them to put the education of children at the core of their purpose in school? 

Is it the competent and effective principals principals challenging the comfort zones of the incompetent or unsatisfactory teachers?

Is it the effective and competent boards of governors challenging the ineffective or incompetent principals and incompetent or unsatisfactory teachers?

It certainly won't be the ETI who inspectors are unwilling to challenge unsatisfactory or incompetent teachers. A much used quotation by ETI inspectors:

"A teacher's perception is that teacher's reality and the school must deal with that reality"

It won't be the GTCNI, a toothless and ineffective organisation paid for by teachers, unlike the England & Wales and Scotland equivalents.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2018, 10:30:22 PM
What does GDPR mean for teaching? I've heard all sorts of things like you can't have pupils' work on your desk when you're not in the room (in case the cleaner looks at it or some shite).

Anyone had any training on it?

Surely the first paragraph is implemented by now regardless?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jim Bob

What does GDPR mean for teaching? I've heard all sorts of things like you can't have pupils' work on your desk when you're not in the room (in case the cleaner looks at it or some shite).

Teaching long enough and never heard of that dung

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2018, 10:48:10 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 24, 2018, 10:41:46 PM

Really? You'd never see a pupil's book lying on a desk? Or even a pile of books for marking?

Sorry I thought you meant files such as IEPs and stuff.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2018, 08:24:36 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 25, 2018, 07:22:40 AM
Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2018, 10:48:10 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 24, 2018, 10:41:46 PM

Really? You'd never see a pupil's book lying on a desk? Or even a pile of books for marking?

Sorry I thought you meant files such as IEPs and stuff.
Nah, say you took in homework to mark and left it on the desk and the cleaner comes in and sees Peter Hardstation got 3/20 in his French comprehension homework. He may know John Hardstation (Peter's da), and sends him a text to say "I see Peter is as big a twat as you". I've heard the teacher is in breach of GDPR.
A crock of shite but has there been any guidance?

Mark?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.