Tyrone v Monaghan, Sun 20th May, Healy Park

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: charlieTully on May 20, 2018, 08:38:17 PM
Haven't read any comments. I'd bet my life it's been mentioned already. How that game was not shown live is beyond me. Just watched deferred coverage without knowing the score and I thought it was superb. Ulster football is the real deal.
:D  :D  :D
Munster hurling is the real deal

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 20, 2018, 08:19:51 PM
Real silly sending off for Peter Harte. Very good game enjoyed that. Well done to Monaghan on a hard earned win. Fair play to BBC for the full deferred coverage shame on RTE for not showing it live.

Hopefully coldrick never has to referee a game involving Michael Murphy.

Still, a good day for all right-thinking Gaels.

MK

After watching Deferred coverage a few  things stand out -Some outrageous scores from Mone and  Mc Manus  ...How  Harte didnt attempt to isolate Drew Wylie a la connaire harrison is unbelieveable ...having watched limerick hurling earlier the absence of fair Shoulders in Gaelic football as opposed to hurling is amazing.

Any way at least 1  Errigal man left Healy Park with an enhanced reputation.....he might be the ideal man to manage his county of residence......when the current incumbent finishes :)

Main Street

Afair, it was the cleanest Monaghan Tyrone  championship game, almost absent of the depressing  ott cynicism, yet  there was a multitude of cards. I was confident of a Monaghan victory since the league campaign, relaxed about the game all day, but it does take away a little bit from it that this is a Tyrone team absent of real talent, those 5 or so talented  classy players who make the difference. I didn't notice Harte so much until his red card, there's a huge chasm where Sean C use to operate and they wilted uncharacteristically in the last 15  minutes where in the past you'd have big Sean leading the charge. Tyrone subs, made early and often, had no impact. Club wise, hats off to the Clontibret element.

Fermanagh next, Donegal lite, but probably will be a tougher opponent than today's.

sam03/05

Monaghan pretty much on a par with a tyrone man for man except they have
Beagin & McManus - Tyrone have nothing of that quality.
I make Monaghan a 3/4 point better team than a tyrone.
They could reach an All Ireland Final. I actually think the Super 8s could suit them as they will be very good at Clones & a neutral venue.

sam03/05

Also Monaghan were by far the better team and deserved to win - but Tyrone had a stone wall penalty turned down, when they had a two point lead just before half time. - could have left them 5 up at the interval.
Big moment in the game, but probably won't get a mention.

Nanderson

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 20, 2018, 08:58:46 PM
Also Monaghan were by far the better team and deserved to win - but Tyrone had a stone wall penalty turned down, when they had a two point lead just before half time. - could have left them 5 up at the interval.
wasn't a single 'stonewall' penalty decision in the game. Thought Coldrick did very well

tonto1888

What stonewall penalty?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Stall the Bailer

Monaghan slightly the better team. Their kickouts were brilliant, beggan took his time and found his man every time. When Tyrone got a score beggan always found a Monaghan man meaning Tyrone could never keep the ball down the field. Colderick ignored the new rule brought in this year about all players outside the 20 for kickouts. At least 2 Monaghan men inside for the kickout in the lead up to the Monaghan goal. What is the point in new rules if they are not going to be enforced.
Monaghan could also had penalty when Tyrone player lifted ball off the ground in the small square.
Thought both teams about the same when in possession. Monaghan found it easier in winning possessionfrom kickouts which was the difference. Problem for Tyrone, was none of changes added much extra even though a lot of starting men looked a bit of the pace due to injury/lack of match sharpness

Main Street

Quote from: Nanderson on May 20, 2018, 09:08:36 PM
wasn't a single 'stonewall' penalty decision in the game. Thought Coldrick did very well
Although applying yellow cards willy nilly to the letter of the law re any slight contact above the chest, it was obvious that Coldick had total control of the proceedings. I thought he had a positive effect on calming any tempers and the players had no real issue with his decisions, some were even apologetic for their  transgressions.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on May 20, 2018, 09:14:43 PM
Best side won. All over the field.

Clearly, and it sweetened the bitter taste of Saturday evening, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ned

Quote from: Main Street on May 20, 2018, 08:54:22 PM
Afair, it was the cleanest Monaghan Tyrone  championship game, almost absent of the depressing  ott cynicism, yet  there was a multitude of cards. I was confident of a Monaghan victory since the league campaign, relaxed about the game all day, but it does take away a little bit from it that this is a Tyrone team absent of real talent, those 5 or so talented  classy players who make the difference. I didn't notice Harte so much until his red card, there's a huge chasm where Sean C use to operate and they wilted uncharacteristically in the last 15  minutes where in the past you'd have big Sean leading the charge. Tyrone subs, made early and often, had no impact. Club wise, hats off to the Clontibret element.

Fermanagh next, Donegal lite, but probably will be a tougher opponent than today's.

Take it that Fermanagh comment is a win up cause if you saw the match yesterday those two teams were a couple of levels below.

Dinny Breen

Enjoyed that. Tyrone seem to be missing something, Mickey has the Arsene about him.
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

Monaghan were 2 points up before ht.