Mayo v Cavan

Started by Redgreenery, June 24, 2007, 06:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomber2312

Wat i ment was he''l prob be inconsistant because of his youth and in experience, we can hardly rely on someone so young and his off days should not be looked at in an overly critical manner

BallyhaiseMan

delighted to see Ronan McGarrity back in action i must say.
Best of luck to ye Mayo lads,i hope for gods sake yous will finally win Sam this year,although ye will have to improve alot,and hopefully ye dont have to play Kerry  :-[

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Bomber2312 on July 09, 2007, 01:17:45 PM
Wat i ment was he''l prob be inconsistant because of his youth and in experience, we can hardly rely on someone so young and his off days should not be looked at in an overly critical manner
Well he is either good enough to handle the pressure at centre half forward of he is not. When Gooch arrived on the scene in Kerry he was thrown in at the deep end and look at the results now. There is more to the modern footballer in todays game than just footballing ability. Peirce showed ability and confidence in his first game that i have seen in any Mayo footballer for a long time. Long may it continue and hopefully we will find one or two more like him.

Bomber2312

You cant say either he is good enough or not when the lad is onle 18. Thats a serious amount of pressure for a young lad to handle, it may take him two or three years to be consistantly good, thats way ahead of the learing curve too as he'll still only be twenty.

ON the first day of a job they dont expect you to operate at full effeciency do they?

From the Bunker

Yeah, think its better to be put in the deep end early. If you get over it, it becomes more natural and the build up of (anticipation and fear) waiting the couple of years is gone! The biggest problem with any team/player is to nuture fear.