Started by The Iceman, May 15, 2017, 09:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

its actually spelled anthropomorphic

The Subbie

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 17, 2017, 08:01:47 AM
its actually spelled anthropomorphic

It is , you are correct.
Phone typing plus fat fingers plus rushing to get off a train will do that !

AhNowRef

Quote from: The Subbie on May 16, 2017, 10:28:32 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on May 16, 2017, 06:02:06 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 16, 2017, 04:15:46 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 16, 2017, 03:19:36 PM
must say i didnt realise this craic was very popular round here.  Do the tally ho crowd exist in Ireland?

My da would have done a bit of hunting/shooting when i was younger but i think it was mostly just ducks etc.  Still know people who do this but dont know anyone who goes out hunting foxes.
Horse led hunts from Tynan and Moy around Christmas. Not sure how regular it is but there are 2 clubs a stones throw from Davitt Park.

Pretty sure these are "drag" hunts ...

The boxing day hunt from the Moy is definitely a drag hunt..
This still won't satisfy the do gooders, next it'll be what about the poor horse, it's inhumane , all uttered in a totally non anthromorphic way entirely.

You're 100% correct unfortunately ...

Ive been at hunts where stupid assholes in cars roll the window down and start declaring their undying love & sympathy for everyithig form the poor wee fox to the horses who are being beaten to do what they do ... FFS its infuriating !!

The silly feckers still dont get it when you point out that we dont hunt foxes (we actually run with bloodhounds not foxhounds) and the horses absolutely love it .. which they do !!

In England there are still lots & lots of anti-hunt sabs who still go out and harass totally legal "drag" hunts ... Those morons arent really interested in the poor wee fox at all .. its a perceived class thing with them ... "look at that fat posh twat on his horse" .... is their way of thinking .. they couldnt be more wrong in most cases (well, over here anyway).

AhNowRef

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 16, 2017, 11:09:46 PM
Forgive me, but is a drag hunt just where the scent is dragged along a pre selected course and the hounds pick up that scent and follow it. I,e. Nothing is being hunted actually.

That seems like a perfect compromise. You still get to follow the hounds walking or on your horse, but there's no kill or petrified animal at the end of it.

Yep, thats it .. and its usually bloodhounds that follow this scent .. not foxhounds.

I recall once in the 7 years that Ive been drag hunting that the hounds have raised a fox .. they took one look at it and all fecked off the other way .. after the laid down scent  ::)

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on May 16, 2017, 11:44:33 PM
Forgive me, but is a drag hunt just where the scent is dragged along a pre selected course and the hounds pick up that scent and follow it. I,e. Nothing is being hunted actually.

That seems like a perfect compromise. You still get to follow the hounds walking or on your horse, but there's no kill or petrified animal at the end of it.
that's exactly what it is - and to my knowledge it isn't even anaimal scent they use its something strong the dogs are trained to chase.....
I don't get the petrified animal comment though AZ - was there never a fly chased around your house? or a mouse? is it all animals or just some?

Actually I open windows to let flies out, and believe it or not I captured a Mouse in a live trap, and drove it out the road to release it :) I'd say it was back before me :)

AhNowRef

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2017, 12:01:28 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 16, 2017, 11:44:33 PM

that's exactly what it is - and to my knowledge it isn't even anaimal scent they use its something strong the dogs are trained to chase.....
I don't get the petrified animal comment though AZ - was there never a fly chased around your house? or a mouse? is it all animals or just some?

Actually I open windows to let flies out, and believe it or not I captured a Mouse in a live trap, and drove it out the road to release it :) I'd say it was back before me :)

Hello there Dalai Lama, how the hell are you :-) lol

AZOffaly

I know. Soft as shite with Animals. And yet I fish (Catch and release, naturally :)) and I love a good steak. Contradictions, contradictions.

AhNowRef

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2017, 12:09:57 PM
I know. Soft as shite with Animals. And yet I fish (Catch and release, naturally :)) and I love a good steak. Contradictions, contradictions.

Nothing wrong with that ... Im quite partial to never killing spiders myself ... Think it may be a combination of being told when I was a kid that killing spiders was bad luck and the fact that I actually like the wee feckers as they dont seem to throw up or shite in your food, generally keep to themselves and kill flies & bugs .... Mind you I dont ever want to see one which looks like it could push a golf ball up a hill  ???

The Iceman

All part of life  -appreciate and respect your honesty as always!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Subbie

Fishing should be banned. It's barbaric........ ::) ::) ::)

Syferus

Hunting first. Fishermen less likely to blast a 12 gauge a few feet from a field of cattle.

The Subbie

Quote from: Syferus on May 17, 2017, 11:31:48 PM
Hunting first. Fishermen less likely to blast a 12 gauge a few feet from a field of cattle.

And this has happened where?
Any links to verify this ?
In my experience the overwhelming majority of game hunters are very cognisant of their responsibilities to landowners and their stock.
Obviously not the Roscomunist ones though that probably mirrors all aspects of life.

tc_manchester

A few years ago I was working in Devon and was staying in a pub in Dartmoor. I came into the pub after work and there was about 20 gentlemen sitting in the pub with their hunting gear on. Hats and socks with feathers in them. They all sounded very posh. After they left I asked the barman about them and he said that they all come down from London for the pheasant/grouse. Every bird that was shot cost them 200 quid and that they had shot 140 birds that day.

J70

Quote from: The Subbie on May 17, 2017, 10:34:16 PM

Fishing should be banned. It's barbaric........ ::) ::) ::)

It ain't good for the fish, that's for sure.

AhNowRef

Quote from: The Subbie on May 18, 2017, 01:25:59 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 17, 2017, 11:31:48 PM

And this has happened where?
Any links to verify this ?
In my experience the overwhelming majority of game hunters are very cognisant of their responsibilities to landowners and their stock.
Obviously not the Roscomunist ones though that probably mirrors all aspects of life.

Have to say I've never really heard much about this either ...

What I do remember from years ago was that the Brits were always walking through fields and cutting wire etc.. It was fairly regular to have cows ripping the teats off themselves on the wire the soldiers left lying on the ground..

The landing of choppers in the middle of cows/cattle had some pretty unwanted consequences too .. cattle going half mad and breaking out & cows aborting calves etc...

Mind you, there were  a lot of farmers who claimed for stuff that had bugger all to do with the Brits too ...  every cloud eh !!    ::)