Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

I see Easyjet Holidays are giving the option of moving your holiday over to next year (if you have it already paid off), we moved ours last night, so one less thing to worry about. You can only change up to midnight tonight 14/04 - unless it's extended, which is quite possible.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on April 14, 2020, 02:17:33 PM
I see Easyjet Holidays are giving the option of moving your holiday over to next year (if you have it already paid off), we moved ours last night, so one less thing to worry about. You can only change up to midnight tonight 14/04 - unless it's extended, which is quite possible.

So just their holiday package side of things? Not just flights ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

Jet2 Holidays has something similar for holidays up to mid June. Offered a refund, a credit note or move the holiday up to a certain date but I just went for the refund as couldn't be bothered with the will it or won't it happen. I'll just book again for next year.

Milltown Row2

New York at this rate should be the safest place to go after this is all done a dusted!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2020, 02:20:32 PM

So just their holiday package side of things? Not just flights ?
Dunno about the flights only situation tbh

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2020, 02:27:34 PM
New York at this rate should be the safest place to go after this is all done a dusted!
Explain why?
NY is a very safe place

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 15, 2020, 05:15:51 PM
Explain why?
NY is a very safe place

I'm talking about the virus, with most of the inhabitants getting Covid at this rate,  it will hopefully be better equipped when through the other side

I did mean NY 70' 80's style!

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 15, 2020, 05:39:55 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 15, 2020, 05:15:51 PM
Explain why?
NY is a very safe place

I'm talking about the virus, with most of the inhabitants getting Covid at this rate,  it will hopefully be better equipped when through the other side

I did mean NY 70' 80's style!

It would be like your man in I am Legend.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sportacus

Pay the balance on the holiday resort booking for Spain in late July, or cut my losses now?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on May 03, 2020, 01:39:40 PM
Pay the balance on the holiday resort booking for Spain in late July, or cut my losses now?

If you don't pay it you've no chance of getting your money back, cut your losses now and no chance but if it's a small deposit I'd cut my losses, we ain't going anywhere it seems

bennydorano

From my experience you only seem to be able to rebook/move current package holidays to next year if they're fully paid off, so i reckon it depends what you want and how much of a gambler you are:
- Pay it off and the holiday goes ahead isn't a very attractive option atm
- Pay it off and hope you are given an option to rebook to next year
- Take the hit

It's depends on what Governments are advising in Spain and your home jurisdiction as well. A potential financial minefield.

Smurfy123

I am in the same boat
Deposit paid 7/800 quick
Have final payment to pay double that
I'm going in the middle of July
Now here is the thing
I'm hoping it's cancelled as I don't really want to go now and I would say a lot of people are thinking that.
But what if the company's sense this and don't cancel I'm left that I go eve though I don't want too?
Any thoughts?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 03, 2020, 08:27:44 PM
I am in the same boat
Deposit paid 7/800 quick
Now here is the thing
I'm hoping it's cancelled as I don't really want to go now and I would say a lot of people are thinking that.
But what if the company's sense this and don't cancel I'm left that I go eve though I don't want too?
Any thoughts?

If the countries are open and the 'scientists' (depending on who you listen to) say it's ok the go, go, though there won't be much open when you get there though!

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 03, 2020, 10:37:57 PM
I am in the same boat
Deposit paid 7/800 quick
Now here is the thing
Any thoughts?

If the countries are open and the 'scientists' (depending on who you listen to) say it's ok the go, go, though there won't be much open when you get there though!

I  think in Spain that restaurants  will possibly be serving outdoors by then, with plenty of space.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on May 03, 2020, 11:07:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 03, 2020, 10:37:57 PM
I am in the same boat
Deposit paid 7/800 quick
Now here is the thing
Any thoughts?

I  think in Spain that restaurants  will possibly be serving outdoors by then, with plenty of space.

Will Spain allow people in?