Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 13, 2017, 03:42:25 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 13, 2017, 01:28:09 PM
Quote from: GJL on December 13, 2017, 11:45:14 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 13, 2017, 11:37:34 AM
Quote from: GJL on December 13, 2017, 11:18:59 AM
Anyone here into the mountain biking? I've got a road bike and enjoy it OK but recently started mountain biking and love it.

Yep, I used to do quite a bit and race. Just don't have as much time now or the same social circle. You'll find it attracts less t**ts too, the middle aged men with more money than wit spending 5k on a new bike to save 3/4kg despite weighing 100kg.

LOL I know what you mean. Hard to beat being out on a trail with no traffic near you. I've been using Blessingburn Estate in Fivemiletown. It is brilliant. Plan to get to Davagh over the holidays.

It's great at night too. Nothing better than flying down fire trails with the lights on, you need a good set of lights though.

how did you boys get into mountain biking?

I did a bit of cycling on the roads and a few of the guys I got to know in the local club were into the mountain bikes especially in the winter when it was not suitable to road bike. One of them had a spare bike so I went out one Sunday. I loved it so bought my own MTB and intend to get out plenty. Blessingburn estate is only 25 mins away in the car so handy enough. It and a few other places will rent a suitable bike for £20 a day if you want to try it out. Great craic.

thebigfella

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 13, 2017, 03:42:25 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 13, 2017, 01:28:09 PM
Quote from: GJL on December 13, 2017, 11:45:14 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 13, 2017, 11:37:34 AM
Quote from: GJL on December 13, 2017, 11:18:59 AM
Anyone here into the mountain biking? I've got a road bike and enjoy it OK but recently started mountain biking and love it.

Yep, I used to do quite a bit and race. Just don't have as much time now or the same social circle. You'll find it attracts less t**ts too, the middle aged men with more money than wit spending 5k on a new bike to save 3/4kg despite weighing 100kg.

LOL I know what you mean. Hard to beat being out on a trail with no traffic near you. I've been using Blessingburn Estate in Fivemiletown. It is brilliant. Plan to get to Davagh over the holidays.

It's great at night too. Nothing better than flying down fire trails with the lights on, you need a good set of lights though.

how did you boys get into mountain biking?

Through a college friend who used to race. I used to cycle quite a bit during my teens and he used to loan me a bike to go training with him before buying my own bike/s and progressing to competitive stuff. Then I worked with a few guys in England who were mad into it, was a great social scene around it especially when you knew few people.

bennydorano

Anybody Zwifting? Doing a bit with an ordinary turbo which I think takes away from it big time, not feeling it.

maco

Yes, I've recently started using Zwift. I've done a couple of FTP tests, some group training rides, designed a couple of short workouts, and done one TT. Have to say it takes the boredom out of turbo training. Great job in my opinion.

laoislad

Quote from: bennydorano on December 17, 2017, 06:56:45 PM
Anybody Zwifting? Doing a bit with an ordinary turbo which I think takes away from it big time, not feeling it.
I use it for running now also. I think it's great.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

majestic

Hi

I've got a 300 c2w voucher which I plan to use on accessories. first thing on this list is a good reflect jacket and second is a decent pair of bib tights - have anyone got a recommendation for them?

Also if you have any other suggestions i could use my voucher for - they would be very welcome.

thanks

bennydorano

Altura night vision bib tights are great value for money at about £35, I've had a pair for 3 or more years, use them for night spins and general use at this time of year. They also do a night vision jacket, tho I've never had one so couldn't vouch for it.

Thermal skull cap is useful & relatively cheap. Pick up a snood or two.

Spring is only round the corner, arm warmers, leg warmers & bib shorts.

mrdeeds

Dinny Breen

The only shock will be if anyone is shocked by these revelations. I feel sorry the BBC.
#newbridgeornowhere

AQMP

"Sir" David Brailsford and "Sir" Bradley Wiggins effectively cheating and "Lord" Coe misleading the Parliamentary Committee.  "Sir" Mohammed Farah getting mention too.  Who gives out these feckin gongs??!!

tonto1888

I just don't believe anything in cycling anymore. I was enjoying the track cycling but in the back of my mind Im wondering which of them are on PEDs

Syferus

Wiggins throwing shade at Team Sky now that he's out and trying to protect his already tainted image is such self-serving nonsense. You benefited from the crookedness and now you're hand wringing? Fûck off.

lfdown2

Quote from: maco on December 18, 2017, 12:35:48 AM
Yes, I've recently started using Zwift. I've done a couple of FTP tests, some group training rides, designed a couple of short workouts, and done one TT. Have to say it takes the boredom out of turbo training. Great job in my opinion.

Could anyone recommend a turbo (mid level pricing) that is fully equipped to work with zwift? Been toying with the idea for a while but not 100% sure on turbo requirements.

heffo

Quote from: lfdown2 on March 06, 2018, 12:28:05 PM
Quote from: maco on December 18, 2017, 12:35:48 AM

Could anyone recommend a turbo (mid level pricing) that is fully equipped to work with zwift? Been toying with the idea for a while but not 100% sure on turbo requirements.

Any turbo will work with Zwift once you have a Cadence & speed sensor.

If you mean a Smart Turbo that will adjust automatically if you choose a hilly course or create a custom workout - I use this one - https://tacx.com/product/vortex-smart/

gallsman

David Walsh appears determined to rewrite history.