TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Was stuck for something to watch last week so stuck Luther on. Quality show. I really should have watched this ages ago.  Some of the killers are great characters.

DuffleKing

Are there two separate shows titled "Gomorrah"?

lurganblue

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 12, 2018, 12:53:57 PM

There may be a documentary based on the book Gomorrah

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 12, 2018, 12:53:57 PM

There's a movie from a few years back, which is excellent.  And there's the series, which for my money is good, but not as good as the movie.  Don't know of any other shows by the same name.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 12, 2018, 06:40:14 AM
I watched The Killing (Danish) following recommendations here.  I see there is a Season 2; is that also worth watching?

Season 2 & 3 (Danish) both well worth watching.

imtommygunn

Anyone still watch the walking dead?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on March 12, 2018, 10:01:59 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2018, 09:41:10 PM
Me!
Can't believe I still am....it's like it's 2009 and I'm watching Lost!

nrico2006

Me too. Wish it would hurry up and end or get cancelled.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mrdeeds

Still watching. It has bright moments but few and far between.

blewuporstuffed

is it back again?

Ah jaysus
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2018, 09:41:10 PM

Still watching yeah - A guy I know reads the comics as well and says the last character death on TV show a major shift away from what happens in the comics.

Watching Money Heist on Netflix there - its a Spanish show but I changed the Audio to English - its dubbed over but is fine - good watch - 13 episodes in season 1 - looking forward to season 2 although no word on when it is due to be on Netflix,
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

blewuporstuffed

I have really enjoyed Young offenders.
Alot of daft humour in it, but it is very funny.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

imtommygunn

It is beginning to feel a lot like lost bm. Waiting on something good to happen but hasn't yet.

Glad i am not the only one suffering!

Frank i guess they had to deviate from the comic somewhere.

I have no idea how they end the walking dead. Said the same on dexter and it ended really badly.

Main Street

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 12, 2018, 03:18:12 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 12, 2018, 06:40:14 AM
I watched The Killing (Danish) following recommendations here.  I see there is a Season 2; is that also worth watching?

Season 2 & 3 (Danish) both well worth watching.
The first 20 part season is really two seasons in one.
Whilst season 2 and 3 are well worth watching they do drop off the pace set in the 20 episode  first season.
The 20 episode first season just had a good tempo, a dynamism throughout, with a perfect blend of city politics, social issues and a missing girl investigation.