The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/53084600

Was this not the same Rory McIlroy who wouldn't play in the Olympics supposedly over fears relating to Zika?  The hypocrisy is galling
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Milltown Row2

Quote from: David McKeown on June 18, 2020, 01:25:06 AM

Was this not the same Rory McIlroy who wouldn't play in the Olympics supposedly over fears relating to Zika?  The hypocrisy is galling

There's no defence on that one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Great round underway by Shane. Four under at the turn, and one shot outside the cut.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thebigfella

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2020, 08:06:31 AM

Zika is spread by mosquitos who don't really adhere to social distancing. The PGA tour has put enough in place to guarantee the players risk is minimal, something that couldn't be guaranteed by Zika. I don't see the hypocrisy at all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebigfella on June 19, 2020, 04:32:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2020, 08:06:31 AM

Zika is spread by mosquitos who don't really adhere to social distancing. The PGA tour has put enough in place to guarantee the players risk is minimal, something that couldn't be guaranteed by Zika. I don't see the hypocrisy at all.

Well to a point your are right and he alluded to that in the interview, as in, quarantine for 2 weeks and then playing while social distancing.

But coming from the UK which has a high rate and moving to the US would be currently a bad move, also the Gov at the minute are not recommending it and there would be issues with insurance? I don't know the full facts on that side of things.

He could have worded his interview a bit better, like, "I understand the difficulties as I myself didn't want to play during the Zika outbreak"
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Whatever about his current comments I think it's widely understood the Zika thing was bullshit and he was advised to use it as a way of getting out of the "who do i represent?" debate... probably some dodgy publicist.

Lowry said the same so I'm not quite sure why McIlroy gets more grief for it?!

Gabriel_Hurl

Nick Watney WD from the event after testing positive for COVID this morning.

Orior

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 19, 2020, 08:59:23 PM
Nick Watney WD from the event after testing positive for COVID this morning.

Everyone thinks they're invincible.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

Himself and the PGA seem to have made a right c**k up of it if reports are to be believed. He showed up at the course despite having symptoms and they let him wander around talking to others while awaiting test results!!!

gawa316

Have a mate who use to play with, still does socially.

He just texted me and said he's not feeling great but not too bad..

Boycey

Just the 21 players within 2 shots of the lead as the final round hots up in the US.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Great finish last night, 22 under some shooting

screenexile

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 22, 2020, 03:13:14 PM
Great finish last night, 22 under some shooting

Really enjoyed that Simpson had played well the whole way round and then found his putting rhythm and it was game over for everyone else. 5 Birdies in 7 holes coming in on a Sunday is some shooting!

Hatton was right in it but started to lose control as the pressure came on it's a pity because he played well and putted well throughout.

Gabriel_Hurl

Cameron Champ has tested positive and withdrawn from this weeks tournament.

Graeme McDowell has as well after his caddy tested positive.

JPGJOHNNYG

Sat down to enjoy the third round only to see it's finished ffs 😂