Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

BJP was a proper player nver let Mayo down any day he togged out . but Obviouslly never caught JOM's eye nothing  to do eith the rumoured that WJP was the blueshirts 1st choice for the election a few years back. Coz o mahony the politition and manager are 2 very different peple
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo4Sam

Ros even by your ridiculous anti-JOM bias that conspiracy theory is outlandish. I don't think there's a person in mayo who would ever doubt BJPs effort for the cause but most would agree he's not good enough to win an AI, a poor mans Dooher? Works his heart out but doesn't have the scoring power of a forward, height of a midfielder or tightness of a back.

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Anybody in the stand yesterday? What was going on before the game? A lot of people were been let in with around 10 minutes to go. It looked a shambles. Two people beside me said they weren't allowed in. ???
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

It seemed to be mad busy down. The far end but quiet enough up the near side. Have to say it's ridiculous the number of exits 2/3 for the whole stand, if there was a fire we'd all be goners.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

prewtna

now that ive been in the stand with a few thousand other people i am begining to realise there are major design issues in it. i gave out about it before but didnt fully appreciate the extent of the shambles that it is.

if there was ever a reason to have to evacuate the stand where the hell do you go? the exits are very inaccessable - next time you go there when you arrive up the steps - there is no gangway or proper access you land right in the middle of a section of seating.

think about any other decent stadium and your access aisles lead you to an exit - all of them. many of the ones in that stand lead to nowhere. in many cases if you want to leave, you have to do so by going through not only your own seating section but others too.

i hope the fire office for castlebar town council had a good look at it cos im not convinced its safe.

i now know why those two stupid colums are right in the way at the half way line - the players tunnel is there and the designers didnt have the mental capability to rethink the location of the columns. its maddening.

the most annoying thing about it is that our club are going to have to help pay for a botch job over the next few years to the detriment of our own developments.

Denn Forever

Saw the game on TG4 yesterday.  Andy (?) Moran stood out with good foraging and a couple of good points.  Always seems to be the best Mayo forward during the league but is nowhere come championship.  Am I reading this wrong or is he just a winter player?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Farrandeelin

If possible, I always go to the terrace across from the stand. Only last year's club quarter/semi and finals when we were all forced to go to the stand di end up going there. You may ask why? Well I remember playing Sligo I think and I got a right dos of tonsilitis after the game whatever way the breeze was blowing that day. Don't like it since.

moysider

Quote from: prewtna on February 08, 2010, 01:23:38 PM
now that ive been in the stand with a few thousand other people i am begining to realise there are major design issues in it. i gave out about it before but didnt fully appreciate the extent of the shambles that it is.

if there was ever a reason to have to evacuate the stand where the hell do you go? the exits are very inaccessable - next time you go there when you arrive up the steps - there is no gangway or proper access you land right in the middle of a section of seating.

think about any other decent stadium and your access aisles lead you to an exit - all of them. many of the ones in that stand lead to nowhere. in many cases if you want to leave, you have to do so by going through not only your own seating section but others too.

i hope the fire office for castlebar town council had a good look at it cos im not convinced its safe.

i now know why those two stupid colums are right in the way at the half way line - the players tunnel is there and the designers didnt have the mental capability to rethink the location of the columns. its maddening.

the most annoying thing about it is that our club are going to have to help pay for a botch job over the next few years to the detriment of our own developments.

The original plans for that development was for a cantilever roof on the stand. When the job went for tender it was priced as a cantilever roof. I know that because a close relative of mine priced the job. The lowest tendered price did not get the job either. Thats neither here nor there but after the contract was awarded the job specifications were altered. It appears people from the board met with the developer to pare down the cost. An obvious way to do this is to reduce the amount of steel by using trusses and those props.
Apart from the roof the toilet facilities were inadequate the day of the county final, never mind a Connacht championship match. Not enough shop space either and as been pointed out before entry and exit from the stand is awkward.

Farrandeelin

For the love of God, we need to stop that St. Patrick fella from going to matches. I initially thought he was funny, but he is a real embarrassment to the county.

Club Rossa

I remember that chap from our championship meeting at Croke Park in 08.He's a complete bampot,never sat down the whole time.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 10, 2010, 09:01:11 AM
I remember that chap from our championship meeting at Croke Park in 08.He's a complete bampot,never sat down the whole time.

He doesnt even watch the match, just goes around looking for attention and shouting at anyone who tells him to sit down.

ballinaman

WTF was his banner about last sunday too, something about Max Clifford ffs. Is he from Swinford, thought i heard that before. Eejit.

Club Rossa

That day in Croker against us,he kept roaring about Philomena Begley singing the green fields round Ardboe,which is a song about Frank McGuigan.

Tubberman

QuoteWTF was his banner about last sunday too, something about Max Clifford ffs. Is he from Swinford, thought i heard that before. Eejit.

From Westport I think. The novelty factor for most people wore off after about 3 matches, but he seems to still be basking in his minor local celebrity/nutjob status.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."