DUBLIN V REST OF IRELAND

Started by irish345, August 12, 2018, 06:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatest

Quote from: mup on August 17, 2018, 11:40:00 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 11:03:44 AM
Some of you just cant handle the truth....  8)

Enjoy your Friday gents.

Zoom. He's gone again.

Actually have work to do and I like to diversify answering different posters, not just the 2 lads from Kildare who obviously have a chip on their shoulder about the Dubs and getting well beaten over the last Century.

Re: McGeeney , you say to me " Prove it ", I say to you prove that I am wrong.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 11:50:56 AM

Enjoy your Friday gents.

Zoom. He's gone again.

Actually have work to do and I like to diversify answering different posters, not just the 2 lads from Kildare who obviously have a chip on their shoulder about the Dubs and getting well beaten over the last Century.

Dublin footballers get paid to miss work. Unless you can prove otherwise we will take that as fact.
#newbridgeornowhere

mup

Enjoy your Friday gents.

Zoom. He's gone again.

You are the one that made the accusation so it's up to you to prove it.  You are not slow to refute accusations from other posters about Dublin.

Now either put up or shut up about McGeeney. Provide the facts.

TheGreatest

Quote from: mup on August 17, 2018, 12:15:12 PM

Enjoy your Friday gents.

Zoom. He's gone again.

You are the one that made the accusation so it's up to you to prove it.  You are not slow to refute accusations from other posters about Dublin.

Now either put up or shut up about McGeeney. Provide the facts.

Nope

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 17, 2018, 12:13:15 PM

Enjoy your Friday gents.

Zoom. He's gone again.

Dublin footballers get paid to miss work. Unless you can prove otherwise we will take that as fact.

Ok, if that's what you want to do.

mup

GAA Discussion  / Re: DUBLIN V REST OF IRELAND
« on: August 16, 2018, 09:09:56 AM »
Gael, again, thank you for the backing, I wasn't lying, he did play Junior football.

@Lar, chill out man, I only speak the truth and nothing insulting in my posts. See the post your replying to for example.

So you previous assertion that you 'only speak the truth' was actually a lie.  ;D

That's what one calls a self pawn.

Your credibility is shot to pieces.

Hound

mup seems to actually believe that McGeeney wasn't paid to manage Kildare.  ;D

Not sure what you're embarrassed about mup, given every outside manager in every county gets a few bob, and some locals too. Although I'd guess Kieran got more than most.

In Dublin, while neither Gilroy nor Gavin get a penny, you can't say the same about previous hurling managers and also many senior club managers in both codes in the county.

TheGreatest

Mick o Dwyer never took a penny either....

mup

Quote from: Hound on August 17, 2018, 01:50:25 PM

Not sure what you're embarrassed about mup, given every outside manager in every county gets a few bob, and some locals too. Although I'd guess Kieran got more than most.

In Dublin, while neither Gilroy nor Gavin get a penny, you can't say the same about previous hurling managers and also many senior club managers in both codes in the county.

And Hound and The Greatest think Jim Gavin does it for nothing.

Sure bless them.

Hound

Quote from: mup on August 17, 2018, 02:02:14 PM

Sure bless them.
Honestly, if you believe Jim Gavin is getting paid, then you're just an idiot.
Likewise, if you believe Kieran McGeeney wasn't.
But Dublin have paid hurling managers, as I said.

mup

Quote from: Hound on August 17, 2018, 03:11:41 PM

Sure bless them.

Sorry but when you resort to that I have zero interest in debating with you. You are just another have a go hero from behind your screen.

Hound

Quote from: mup on August 17, 2018, 03:18:42 PM

Sure bless them.

Sorry but when you resort to that I have zero interest in debating with you. You are just another have a go hero from behind your screen.
But you're clearly clueless on this issue. Of that there is no doubt!  Yet you still come back with your big man keyboard warrior nonsense.

mup

Quote from: Hound on August 17, 2018, 03:34:47 PM
Quote from: mup on August 17, 2018, 03:18:42 PM

Sure bless them.

But you're clearly clueless on this issue. Of that there is no doubt!  Yet you still come back with your big man keyboard warrior nonsense.

Sorry but who do you think you are? I'm clueless on what exactly?

Your county colleague made an accusation about the vast sums that McGeeney was paid in his time in Kildare. I asked him for proof. I never got it. He disappeared when I asked for proof of the payments.

At no time did I say that McGeeney wasn't paid. So stop putting words into my mouth and resorting to childish name calling. Grow up a small bit and debate like an adult.

Rossfan

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 01:57:56 PM
No it was bundles of £s and €s.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mup

Quote from: Rossfan on August 17, 2018, 04:02:25 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 17, 2018, 01:57:56 PM
No it was bundles of £s and €s.

It was either pay for a decent manager or buy a team bus.

We went with the manager. It nearly worked out. Buying the bus would have been just stupid. ;D

Lar Naparka

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 16, 2018, 09:09:56 AM
Gael, again, thank you for the backing, I wasn't lying, he did play Junior football.

@Lar, chill out man, I only speak the truth and nothing insulting in my posts. See the post your replying to for example.
Fair point, I guess but I was relying on what Gael, sound man, had already posted. And, assuming that the latest post from Gael is correct and I have no reason to doubt his word, he played a junior game for Raheny - a small bit short of saying he was "discovered" playing junior.
However, you are are technically right on him playing junior with Raheny so you are 50% correct.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi