Eighth Amendment poll

Started by Farrandeelin, May 01, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favour of repealing the 8th amendment?

Yes
47 (21.8%)
Yes but have no vote
73 (33.8%)
No
40 (18.5%)
No but have no vote
36 (16.7%)
Undecided
20 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Voting closed: May 24, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

sid waddell

Time now for the six counties to step up and give abortion rights to all Irish women.

Time to demolish the bible-thumping insanity of the DUP.

Norn Iron is the last bastion of backwardness in western Europe.

Rossfan

That is their proudest boast !!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

longballin

Is time Catholic Church butted right out of Irish life and let schools give the teenagers full contraceptive education... shower of maniacs in tunics shaming young people about sex and natural desires.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 26, 2018, 06:48:00 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2018, 05:07:08 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on May 26, 2018, 04:46:54 AM
Ashamed to call myself irish today after seeing the expected result

May god have mercy on those who voted yes. Let the era of no personal responsibility commence. Look at the utopia Britain has become.

I'll be as polite as humanly possible in my response - fûck off.

So much for respecting others opinions and being welcoming.

I hope you mean the person I was was replying to, otherwise this post really is tone deaf Farr..

manfromdelmonte

Great stuff

Next step is to get religion out of schools

It has no place having control over our education system in a modern republic

The_geezer

Let's throw an abortion party! Said no one ever! I despair at the 'let's be more like the UK' attitude of people from the South, #racetothebottom. The floodgates are now open

Syferus

Quote from: The_geezer on May 26, 2018, 01:13:26 PM
Let's throw an abortion party! Said no one ever! I despair at the 'let's be more like the UK' attitude of people from the South, #racetothebottom. The floodgates are now open

A sore loser even thought you didn't even vote. Kind of perfect. No one is going to be losing much sleep over your moralising.

highorlow

I was undecided until the other night and the debates, yer man Mullen swayed me to yes.

He is an extremist individual.

Hopefully some amendments to the legislation are put in.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

longballin

DUP poster rages on GAA Board

The_geezer

Can't wait til the next referendum for fathers who no longer want to pay child support! #mywalletmychoice would never vote for DUP but at least u know what you are getting with them! Some amount of politicians have 'taken the soup' over the past while

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on May 26, 2018, 01:17:36 PM
I was undecided until the other night and the debates, yer man Mullen swayed me to yes.

He is an extremist individual.

Hopefully some amendments to the legislation are put in.

Hopefully extending the length of abortion without reporting a reason.

If you think there will be concessions based on the most empathic Yes vote imaginable you're just setting yourself up to complain when the Dail passes exactly what it said it would pass before the vote.

The_geezer

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2018, 01:15:00 PM

A sore loser even thought you didn't even vote. Kind of perfect. No one is going to be losing much sleep over your moralising.
[/quote

Says the hero member on a discussion board.

longballin

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 26, 2018, 02:06:04 PM
Quote from: The_geezer on May 26, 2018, 01:24:37 PM...would never vote for DUP but at least u know what you are getting with them!...
I agree, a vote for the DUP is a vote for a shower of corrupt c*nts.

That opposes equal marriage, women's rights. Sound familiar

BennyCake

The DUP aren't the only ones to oppose such issues. Lots from both sides of the community does too. So, it's pretty childish to lump a gaa board poster in with the DUP, just because they oppose the abortion referendum.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on May 26, 2018, 02:55:46 PM
The DUP aren't the only ones to oppose such issues. Lots from both sides of the community does too. So, it's pretty childish to lump a gaa board poster in with the DUP, just because they oppose the abortion referendum.

He didn't just oppose the referendum result. Not like you to get something wrong, though.