Eighth Amendment poll

Started by Farrandeelin, May 01, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favour of repealing the 8th amendment?

Yes
47 (21.8%)
Yes but have no vote
73 (33.8%)
No
40 (18.5%)
No but have no vote
36 (16.7%)
Undecided
20 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Voting closed: May 24, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Syferus

Quote from: Dolph1 on May 26, 2018, 04:46:54 AM
Ashamed to call myself irish today after seeing the expected result

May god have mercy on those who voted yes. Let the era of no personal responsibility commence. Look at the utopia Britain has become.

I'll be as polite as humanly possible in my response - fûck off.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2018, 05:07:08 AM

May god have mercy on those who voted yes. Let the era of no personal responsibility commence. Look at the utopia Britain has become.

I'll be as polite as humanly possible in my response - fûck off.

So much for respecting others opinions and being welcoming.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on May 25, 2018, 10:55:20 PM
Wonderful result.

68-32 was beyond anybody's wildest expectations.

I'm thrilled for the women of Ireland and thrilled that the people of Ireland saw through the disgusting, horrible No campaign in such numbers. 

The Ireland that is thankfully gone imagined itself above all as simple, religious and God-fearing in opposition to cruel, Godless England. In reality Ireland was the much crueller place. 

As England threatens to fall into the depths of intolerance and foolishly looks backward, we are now very much the ones looking forward - liberal, tolerant, outward looking, internationalist, welcoming.

We've come of age as a country in so many respects over the last few years.

We can improve in so many more, but overall, we're not a bad little place, really.

[/quote]
It''s a good result but should have happened a long time ago. In the big picture sexual rights are cheap. It doesnt cost anything to
recognise gay marriage or abortion rights and the church is downsizing anyway.
Economic rights are much harder to achieve. Civil rights are too. The "Deep.State" is incompetznt. The country needs to be reformed from the bottom up .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

longballin

It'll be difficult for you to take your foot off women's necks.

Aaron Boone

On a general level, exit polls are good idea but with the big margin then no tension for today's count.

Itchy

Happy the yes side won, surprised by the margin. Hopefully both sides can behave now with a bit of dignity but as can be seen here already that's unlikely.

The size of the result means that your average fianna fail and fine Gael politician can now come out from hiding safe in the knowledge they know what way the wind is blowing

tonto1888

Brilliant news of the exit polls are correct

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on May 26, 2018, 08:51:43 AM
Hopefully both sides can behave now with a bit of dignity but as can be seen here already that's unlikely.

your average fianna fail and fine Gael politician can now come out from hiding safe in the knowledge they know what way the wind is blowing
Well said on both points by a dignified poster.
2 in particular could grow up and comply with your wishes.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on May 26, 2018, 12:53:35 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 26, 2018, 12:33:52 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 25, 2018, 10:55:20 PM
Wonderful result.

68-32 was beyond anybody's wildest expectations.

I'm thrilled for the women of Ireland and thrilled that the people of Ireland saw through the disgusting, horrible No campaign in such numbers. 

The Ireland that is thankfully gone imagined itself above all as simple, religious and God-fearing in opposition to cruel, Godless England. In reality Ireland was the much crueller place. 

As England threatens to fall into the depths of intolerance and foolishly looks backward, we are now very much the ones looking forward - liberal, tolerant, outward looking, internationalist, welcoming.

We've come of age as a country in so many respects over the last few years.

We can improve in so many more, but overall, we're not a bad little place, really.

Is that your speech for when you enter Miss World?
Funny you mention Miss World.

We heard plenty of interventions from men in dresses over the course of the campaign, and they were all on the No side. But Ireland pays no heed to the clergy anymore.

We had an intervention last night from men in sashes. And it's no surprise to see the likes of you hand in glove with the Orange Order.

Backward morons like you and your ilk been have been fooking routed in Ireland today, and the only thing that can rival the joy at this result is the hilarity that the likes of you have been driven up the wall with rage at it.

Don't worry - there's a crumb of comfort for you, in that belief in a flat earth is increasing - so if that's anything to go by, you may have a chance to vote on this issue again!

I'm in cahoots with the orange order, the Catholic Church, and the flat earthers? Did I not tell you I seen Elvis yesterday? You can throw me in with that crowd too. That's about all categories covered  ::)

BennyCake

Yup, that's about right.

There's no way back now.

whitey

Surprised at the margin of victory but congratulations to the Yes side on a well fought campaign.

I thought the undecideds would break towards No, but they seem to have broken heavily towards Yes.

The situation as it stood, could not continue. It legitimately (no pun intended) put womens lives in danger.

sid waddell

On the contrary, Ireland has finally decided to step up and take responsibility.

This result was all about us being responsible a country.

One more reason to be thrilled with this result is that Ireland has faced down a full blown barrage of Trump-style tactics and utterly routed them.

That's a very, very good reflection on us as a society.

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on May 26, 2018, 10:07:12 AM

I'm in cahoots with the orange order, the Catholic Church, and the flat earthers? Did I not tell you I seen Elvis yesterday? You can throw me in with that crowd too. That's about all categories covered  ::)
No, you didn't see Elvis - Elvis only became known in the 1950s, whereas you're living in the 1850s.

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on May 26, 2018, 11:37:18 AM

On the contrary, Ireland has finally decided to step up and take responsibility.

This result was all about us being responsible a country.

One more reason to be thrilled with this result is that Ireland has faced down a full blown barrage of Trump-style tactics and utterly routed them.

That's a very, very good reflection on us as a society.

Come back to me in a few short years when Ireland's abortion rate is akin to Britain's, and tell me the same thing.

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on May 26, 2018, 11:40:32 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 26, 2018, 10:07:12 AM

No, you didn't see Elvis - Elvis only became known in the 1950s, whereas you're living in the 1850s.

Heh heh, good one!  ::)