Possible Rule changes

Started by Rossfan, October 13, 2015, 04:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

This will upset a few of the "everything is grand " bucks here  ;D
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=245534

Having watched the highlights of Club Finals on GAA 2015 last night one thing I think they need to look at  is the 2 handed push/throw goals. 2 were scored last night where balls were handpassed across to an unmarked chap and in both cases they basically controlled/half caught the ball in their 2 hands before pushing it into the net using both hands.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Bord na Mona man

Yea, I'm not a big fan of those borderline thrown goals. Maybe the player should be limited to using closed fists or only one hand in those situations.

Hound

Added time is the one rule change I'd make. People blame the refs, but most of the time it's not their fault, it's the rules.
Clock should be stopped for substitutions and for bookings/cards.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on October 13, 2015, 04:54:27 PM
Added time is the one rule change I'd make. People blame the refs, but most of the time it's not their fault, it's the rules.

Feck me i thought the Ladies game had this sorted out, until i seen the final minutes of the Senior Final.

twohands!!!

When a foul is committed all members of the team who committed the foul have to get back the 13m immediately.

Refs would be instructed to ref this the same way they do in rugby - up to the team who committed the infringement to be out of the way immediately. Any delay whatsoever means the free is brought forward.

Also maybe change the distance everyone bar the two competing for the ball have to be back for throw-balls to 20m. The 13m limit isn't enforced now, if the limit was 20m there might be a chance of a  circle of 10m clear space.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 13, 2015, 04:59:07 PM

Feck me i thought the Ladies game had this sorted out, until i seen the final minutes of the Senior Final.

What happened?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 13, 2015, 08:54:39 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 13, 2015, 04:59:07 PM

What happened?

There was about 2/3 minutes left. A Dublin girl was bearing in on Goal was dragged to the ground. Dubs just wanted to take free and get on with game. Referee proceeded to take the guts of a minute and a half talking shite to the Cork girl while doing the paper work and sending her to the Sin Bin. All the while the clock is running down.

giveballaghback

Limit the handpass to 3 and then it must be kicked, that will punch a hole in a few of the current systems that has turned our game into rugby league, I agree totally about those throw goals, should be free out,
frees must be taken from correct position, the other codes shaving cream is a good idea, the mark for a clean catch, the sin bin instead of black or yellow cards will sort it out fast, umpires must be of a certain standard and be allowed to call refs attention, at the moment they must wait until the ref asks them, timing is a real issue and must be looked at, why not bring in the changes for the upcoming January tournaments and tweak them for the league with a full review at the end of the league with a view to introducing  some of them for the championship. 

smort

Mark between the two 45's from a kickout is something I would bring it. It couldn't be for every catch in open play as this would actually slow the game down allowing the blanket defence to filter back and get set up.

BennyHarp

These small efforts to t**ker with the rules always reminds me of this http://youtu.be/8mdwAkWvWMw
That was never a square ball!!

giveballaghback

I agree that the mark for all catches would slow down game, the handpass restriction will sort out the blanket defence and some of the systems that are ruining our game.

FL/MAYO

10 minute sin bin for black card.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: FL/MAYO on October 13, 2015, 10:41:23 PM
10 minute sin bin for black card.

This I agree with. The black card only sends one player off while a replacement can come on straight away. In fact, I'd go further than a ten minute sin bin and disallow the offender on again, another player must replace him when the ten minutes are up.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

StephenC

Quote from: giveballaghback on October 13, 2015, 10:23:38 PM
I agree that the mark for all catches would slow down game, the handpass restriction will sort out the blanket defence and some of the systems that are ruining our game.

Oh dear Jesus.  ::)

Just think about it a little more ... so the defending team will know that the attacking team will have to kick after 3 handpasses ... will that favour the defence or the attack?

Rossfan

The mark and 3 handpass/throw restriction may be tried in the studenty  Sigerson cupeen.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM