Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 19, 2020, 11:31:57 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on June 19, 2020, 09:35:25 PM
Keane doing a good hatchet job on De Gea and Maguire at h/t.

To be fair I've seen Ryanair flights turn round quicker than Maguire.

Keane I thought was a bit harsh on De Gea. He said he wouldn't let him on the bus home. A good rant from  Roy. I don't think De Gea belongs at United, i think  he is a good keeper but he should be at Real Madrid.
Ranting at players who are not up to scratch is about the only thing Roy does well these days. For an ex-player at the top and ex champion to boot, he's an empty vesssel when it comes to the tactical side of the game, most probably already an ex-manager.   

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on June 20, 2020, 09:15:28 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 19, 2020, 11:31:57 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on June 19, 2020, 09:35:25 PM
Keane doing a good hatchet job on De Gea and Maguire at h/t.

To be fair I've seen Ryanair flights turn round quicker than Maguire.

Keane I thought was a bit harsh on De Gea. He said he wouldn't let him on the bus home. A good rant from  Roy. I don't think De Gea belongs at United, i think  he is a good keeper but he should be at Real Madrid.
Ranting at players who are not up to scratch is about the only thing Roy does well these days. For an ex-player at the top and ex champion to boot, he's an empty vesssel when it comes to the tactical side of the game, most probably already an ex-manager.   

I'm sure he'll take your criticism like he does with the rest.

Like he gives a f**k
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

Good interview with Keane in todays Sunday Independent.

Boycey

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 21, 2020, 11:09:23 AM
Good interview with Keane in todays Sunday Independent.

Came on to say similar, the rage still burning inside him. It gives a good sense of why he was such a brilliant player but also why he's probably not suited to management... and why he's such a lousy pundit  ;)

general

Roy Keane will never manage a team again - absolute liability.

He is correct however about De Gea - he is a different man from his former self when he was able to demand a new 5 year deal at 275k a week. I just dont see him turning it around at all. I'd love to see OGS give Henderson a run from the start of next season - either that or he may move on with Chelsea seemingly interested. I doubt he will become England No.1 playing at Sheff United. He was fantastic on Fri eve tho.

Maguire certainly looked rusty, altho I believe himself will come good.

Greenwood was very unlucky with his effort at the end - on another day he would have caught it right.

Pogba looked like the real deal when he came on - it would be great to see him playing consistently with a bit of by in to the team, himself, Fernandes and another defensively based CM would really be a great Midfield base.

Cunny Funt

One of Man Uniteds most routine wins all season and important win when you consider Sheffield United could have gone 5th if they won.

Hard to believe Martial is the first United player to score a Premier league hat trick since Van Persie against Villa the night the 20th league title was secured in 2013.

FA Cup action next and can imagine few of tonights starters will start in that game.

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 24, 2020, 07:54:44 PM
One of Man Uniteds most routine wins all season and important win when you consider Sheffield United could have gone 5th if they won.

Hard to believe Martial is the first United player to score a Premier league hat trick since Van Persie against Villa the night the 20th league title was secured in 2013.

FA Cup action next and can imagine few of tonights starters will start in that game.

Jaysus I'd hope plenty of them start.... Maybe wishful thinking

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on June 24, 2020, 07:57:09 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 24, 2020, 07:54:44 PM

Jaysus I'd hope plenty of them start.... Maybe wishful thinking

Games coming thick and fast. I would expect the most of the 5 subs brought on tonight plus Bailly, Romero to start that cup tie on Saturday.  One eye should be on Brighton in 6 days whom don't have FA Cup action this weekend.

Maroon Manc

United looking like a totally different proposition to the team earlier on in the season that coudln't break teams down. Fernandes & Pogba make a huge difference and Greenwood is different specimen physically.

If United don't make the CL then not buying Fernandes last summer will be the major reason why. Martial has got to do that consistently, talent wise he's up there with the best of them; In the last few months he's scored goals that he hasn't done previously like his first two last night. OGS deserves praise for this, he's clearly worked on it and United are certainly getting more bodies in the box when crosses come in. Strength in depth is an issue and United need CL football to resolve it this summer but United should be enjoyable to watch until the end of the season.

Shaw has got to offer more going forward, he's not doing enough and still have plenty of doubts over him and the partnership of Maguire & Lindelof with its lack of pace. If we're going to pin teams back which we'll likely do having a quick partner for Maguire is essential.

Farrandeelin

Just caught the first half. Agree that they've taken things up a notch since Fernandes came. Routine, comfortable win as Cunny said. Brighton away next in the league. One that they're likely to drop points in unfortunately.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 25, 2020, 11:10:56 AM
United looking like a totally different proposition to the team earlier on in the season that coudln't break teams down. Fernandes & Pogba make a huge difference and Greenwood is different specimen physically.

If United don't make the CL then not buying Fernandes last summer will be the major reason why. Martial has got to do that consistently, talent wise he's up there with the best of them; In the last few months he's scored goals that he hasn't done previously like his first two last night. OGS deserves praise for this, he's clearly worked on it and United are certainly getting more bodies in the box when crosses come in. Strength in depth is an issue and United need CL football to resolve it this summer but United should be enjoyable to watch until the end of the season.

Shaw has got to offer more going forward, he's not doing enough and still have plenty of doubts over him and the partnership of Maguire & Lindelof with its lack of pace. If we're going to pin teams back which we'll likely do having a quick partner for Maguire is essential.

Ya, I'd go along with all of that. Shaw is really frustrating to watch. He is neat and tidy but not a threat and he looks like he should be. Wan-Bissaka is the opposite in lots of ways. Shaw looks afraid to make a mistake and half a step too slow. Wan-Bissaka is trying to compliment the attack. I'd share concerns over the CB pairing but retaining the ball and being threatening is the best form of defence. When you've no penetration teams are just waiting to hit you on the break.

That was a must win game. Hopefully City do the business tonight to leave United just 2 behind Chelsea and 6 behind Leicester. After the mid season turmoil are reasonable season can possibly be salvaged.

Milltown Row2

Why not put out your strongest team? Banana skin
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Made hard work of that but got the win eventually. Some awful individual performances by United and not for the first time Lingard looked like a poor pub player.

A great effort by Norwich especially with 10 men for all of extra time. I wouldn't have fancied United in a penalty shootout with the form Tim Krul was in tonight.

Milltown Row2

Utd were rubbish, you can't just make 7 or 8 changes and expect to be good.

With the amount of time off you'd expect them to be fit and raring to go

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 27, 2020, 08:38:25 PM
Utd were rubbish, you can’t just make 7 or 8 changes and expect to be good.

With the amount of time off you’d expect them to be fit and raring to go
The cups have been used to make changes all season and today starting 11 was basically the same team as what started against Derby in the last round.  As I said on Wednesday one eye would be on Brighton this Tuesday who aren't in action this weekend.