Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

So Spain is exempt, but next door Portugal is not...except for the Islands? Is that correct?

I know someone who went to Portgual just last week.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 21, 2020, 12:15:19 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 21, 2020, 12:11:18 PM
More to the point, surely you'll have no holiday insurance to cover you if the official advice is not to travel unless it's essential?

Also correct

No I got holiday insurance  with no issue on Friday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 21, 2020, 12:32:34 PM
So Spain is exempt, but next door Portugal is not...except for the Islands? Is that correct?

I know someone who went to Portgual just last week.

You can go to Portugal, you just have to take another 2 weeks holidays when you come back....

Now the list is to be reviewed next week possibly so that can change, Spain could lose its Green status for instance and Portugal could gain one, all depending on spikes in the countries I suppose
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 21, 2020, 11:49:55 AM
Thanks. Seems a very odd approach. Genuinely also came as complete surprise to me yesterday. I have holiday booked from last year. I was prepared to forego it but once the quarantine was lifted I thought it was all good to go, especially as that is how it was portrayed in media. If a sitting politician was confused im sure there are many many more out there like myself. Today Arlene says we can go, Michelle says we shouldnt.

Hard to keep up at this stage. I also could not find that link anywhere yesterday(inclusive of part on essential travel). Admittedly I may have missed it somehow.

There is a set of things that government encourages you not to do, but does not actually pass a law prohibiting you doing this. Holiday abroad are now in this category, even if you go to a country with limited transmission you are mingling with people from different places and some of those come from dodgy places.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 21, 2020, 01:28:09 PM
More to the point, surely you'll have no holiday insurance to cover you if the official advice is not to travel unless it's essential?

Also correct

I hope you've no reason to use it, these companies are snakes. Any excuse not to pay.

five points

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 21, 2020, 03:03:07 PM

Also correct

I hope you've no reason to use it, these companies are snakes. Any excuse not to pay.

Selling insurance with no intention to provide cover is fraud.

armaghniac

Quote from: five points on July 21, 2020, 03:08:47 PM

Also correct

You can't buy insurance for foreseeable events, any company provided that went out of business years ago.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

Also correct

No, it's a strategic use of a grey area to limit your liability.

Not exactly moral, but not exactly illegal.

Right now, travel insurance is a definite grey area.

five points

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 21, 2020, 04:04:10 PM

Also correct

No, it's a strategic use of a grey area to limit your liability.

Not exactly moral, but not exactly illegal.

Right now, travel insurance is a definite grey area.

No, it's fraud and it's most definitely illegal to sell a policy that the seller knows at point of sale to be invalid. There is no difficulty in excluding from policies liabillity for Covid treatment and associated risks.

five points

Quote from: armaghniac on July 21, 2020, 03:52:11 PM
You can't buy insurance for foreseeable events, any company provided that went out of business years ago.

You miss the point. See above.

Cunny Funt

The green list is out.  A choice of Malta, Finland, Norway, Italy. Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Slovakia, Greece, Greenland, Gibraltar, Monaco, San Marino

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/green-list-names-released-of-15-safe-countries-for-travel-without-quarantine-on-return-1.4309906?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 21, 2020, 11:57:26 PM
The green list is out.  A choice of Malta, Finland, Norway, Italy. Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Slovakia, Greece, Greenland, Gibraltar, Monaco, San Marino

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/green-list-names-released-of-15-safe-countries-for-travel-without-quarantine-on-return-1.4309906?

No visitor's to Belfast from the South then? Can I go to Donegal?  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

gallsman

Spain being exempt but mainland Portugal not makes zero sense. Spain fucked things unjustly and is now struggling with renewed outbreaks. Portugal has been well managed from the beginning.

Quote from: five points on July 21, 2020, 04:15:17 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 21, 2020, 03:52:11 PM

You miss the point. See above.

Selling insurance is not fraud. As always, it depends on what is in the policy and what was declared at the outset.

Milltown Row2

The Portugal exemption seems very strange, is there a political slant to this?