China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on August 18, 2022, 10:07:10 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2022, 08:45:24 AM
Quote from: lenny on August 18, 2022, 07:55:27 AM
A lot of people think this is a mild virus and they got over it no problem but...

Millions of people who have had Covid-19 still face a higher risk of neurological and psychiatric conditions, including brain fog, dementia and psychosis, two years after their illness, compared with those who have had other respiratory infections, according to the single largest study of its kind.

They also face an increased risk of anxiety and depression, the research suggests, but this subsides within two months of having Covid-19. The findings are published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal.

Work colleague of mine, some underlying conditions has been off for that last 2 weeks with covid, he's not hospitalised but did need to go to A&E.

He's not in he's no wages, so this isnt a handy wee staying off. Some people are getting it bad

It's an n=1 but it gives a little credence to my assertion that we should take personal responsibility for our health and not blame everyone else for our ills.

His underlying condition was not through taking the piss out of your body though, just an unfortunate bowl thing that was genetic or passed down..

A bit like this fecking gout my dad left me with, though the red wine and steak doesn't help  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 18, 2022, 11:31:52 AM
A lot of people think this is a mild virus and they got over it no problem but...

Millions of people who have had Covid-19 still face a higher risk of neurological and psychiatric conditions, including brain fog, dementia and psychosis, two years after their illness, compared with those who have had other respiratory infections, according to the single largest study of its kind.

They also face an increased risk of anxiety and depression, the research suggests, but this subsides within two months of having Covid-19. The findings are published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal.

Work colleague of mine, some underlying conditions has been off for that last 2 weeks with covid, he's not hospitalised but did need to go to A&E.

He's not in he's no wages, so this isnt a handy wee staying off. Some people are getting it bad

It's an n=1 but it gives a little credence to my assertion that we should take personal responsibility for our health and not blame everyone else for our ills.

Some people believe that includes taking a vaccine for a serious illness.
You seem to suggest that this vaccine has saved all takers. If you carrying excess fat, are insulin resistant or fully T2 diabetic you are in the cross hairs for a poor outcome. All self inflicted! And 10billion of our taxes goes to the treatment of T2 and it's complications. Seems more logical that we sort the root cause instead of spending money on needless drugs. That budget could be used for other treatments, cancers etc.
We just have to stop living these bullshit lifestyles and expect someone else to carry the can when it all goes bang.

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2022, 12:09:37 PM

His underlying condition was not through taking the piss out of your body though, just an unfortunate bowl thing that was genetic or passed down..

A bit like this fecking gout my dad left me with, though the red wine and steak doesn't help  ;D

You should do some rreading on that MR. Not everything in your genetics dictates outcomes. It's a fact that diet, lifestyle and environmental factors will effect gene expression. A lot of that is in your control

trueblue1234

Quote from: Last Man on August 18, 2022, 12:13:06 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 18, 2022, 11:31:52 AM

Some people believe that includes taking a vaccine for a serious illness.
You seem to suggest that this vaccine has saved all takers. If you carrying excess fat, are insulin resistant or fully T2 diabetic you are in the cross hairs for a poor outcome. All self inflicted! And 10billion of our taxes goes to the treatment of T2 and it's complications. Seems more logical that we sort the root cause instead of spending money on needless drugs. That budget could be used for other treatments, cancers etc.
We just have to stop living these bullshit lifestyles and expect someone else to carry the can when it all goes bang.

It's done a pretty good job of saving people in my view.
The root cause of covid wasn't T2 or people being over weight. They aren't exclusive. Covid was a pandemic, one that seems to be over the worse of it. Suggesting covid could have been prevented by healthy eating is nonsense. Mainly because your utopian view that people take more responsibility isn't possible across the globe. Therefore the investment in trying to protect the vulnerable population wasn't wasted money imo. Far from it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on August 18, 2022, 12:20:06 PM

You should do some rreading on that MR. Not everything in your genetics dictates outcomes. It's a fact that diet, lifestyle and environmental factors will effect gene expression. A lot of that is in your control

I know what to do, but not really willing to give up on certain things... Flares up couple times a year and lasts few days or over a week..

Other than that I'm pretty healthy and fit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2022, 12:29:23 PM

I know what to do, but not really willing to give up on certain things... Flares up couple times a year and lasts few days or over a week..

Personally I wouldn't be that complacent, but that's just me. Here's an interesting video for you. You won't like what he has to say lol.
https://youtu.be/95mhn0ry2LY

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on August 18, 2022, 02:47:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2022, 12:29:23 PM

Personally I wouldn't be that complacent, but that's just me. Here's an interesting video for you. You won't like what he has to say lol.
https://youtu.be/95mhn0ry2LY

There's a lot I'm happy with but cutting out the beer wine will be during the week only!! Naproxen will have to do  ;)

Last Man

On this pissing down Saturday morning this is worth a watch to give you some perspective on the current state of our health system and why we should demand better.
https://youtu.be/Jt8y4r21y0w

Gmac

Good levels of vitamin d help against having a bad outcome from Covid , another conspiracy theory proved correct

AustinPowers

Quote from: Gmac on August 20, 2022, 10:07:14 PM
Good levels of vitamin d help against having a bad outcome from Covid , another conspiracy theory proved correct

So Vit D  doesn't help against covid? Is that  what you mean?

Gmac

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 20, 2022, 10:45:42 PM

yes it helps a lot but was called quackery by so called experts in 2020/21

trueblue1234

Quote from: Gmac on August 20, 2022, 11:39:34 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on August 20, 2022, 10:45:42 PM

yes it helps a lot but was called quackery by so called experts in 2020/21
Are you sure your not confusing Vitamin d and bleach?

imtommygunn

Yeah I don't remember it ever being called quackery. Ivermectin or whatever you call it and bleach yes.

Vitamin d helping against COVID has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theories included vaccine passports are here to stay because it's part of the plan, COVID is part of a grand plan, it's part of a rest etc etc.  They are not the same thing...

trueblue1234

There's articles back in 2021 from the nhs stating Vit D may help and they were collecting data on it.

Bleach on the other hand....,,,

imtommygunn

;D Yeah I am not sure the term conspiracy theory is an understood one in some quarters...