China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2021, 01:05:19 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on November 20, 2021, 12:58:58 AM
Question for those from the 6 counties here ... am I alone in being confused ref. when and where to get a booster jab?  I hear on the news its now available to 40+ age group, but when I read the NIdirect website, it still states 50+.  Surely the mass vaccinations centres that took over leisure centres etc. and did a fantastic job in vaccinating the masses, should be opened again to give anyone a top up who needs it.

I'm now 6 months from second jab, would kind of like to get the booster soon.

I'm not 50 yet, (month and a half ffs) booster this Sunday, I was double jabbed early doors, so bit later for me with booster.
I think you can book a pharmacy appointment, and they will be doing a big push in two weekends' time. I mean for 40+ year olds - there was a pharmacist on Radio Ulster yesterday morn talking about it. Check NI Direct for pharmacies who are taking part.
I got the booster this wk as I'm pregnant - my surgery did a big session at the home of the Armagh champs, Clann Eireann. They just called me up - they must have had spares as pregnancy doesn't really entitle you to get the booster earlier than anyone else.

charlieTully

Quote from: balladmaker on November 20, 2021, 12:58:58 AM
Question for those from the 6 counties here ... am I alone in being confused ref. when and where to get a booster jab?  I hear on the news its now available to 40+ age group, but when I read the NIdirect website, it still states 50+.  Surely the mass vaccinations centres that took over leisure centres etc. and did a fantastic job in vaccinating the masses, should be opened again to give anyone a top up who needs it.

I'm now 6 months from second jab, would kind of like to get the booster soon.

My Mrs 46. Got a call from gp surgery to go over Monday for it. I'd guess you won't have to wait too long.

imtommygunn

Apparently 40+ can now get it in the likes of boots. (Administered and free).

armaghniac

5,959 in the 26 counties, the highest since 10 January. And 1,846 in the 6 counties which is only marginally better.
People need to chill a bit before Xmas.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 20, 2021, 12:21:51 PM

Royal and Ulster hospital doing walk ins for 40-49 yr olds. Got mine at the Royal this morning.

imtommygunn

It has to be 6+ months after vaccination doesn't it??

Tony Baloney

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 20, 2021, 06:28:11 PM

Royal and Ulster hospital doing walk ins for 40-49 yr olds. Got mine at the Royal this morning.
What flavour did you get? The missus doesn't want Moderna for some reason  ::) :-X, which is what the pharmacies are dishing out.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 20, 2021, 06:44:01 PM

What flavour did you get? The missus doesn't want Moderna for some reason  ::) :-X, which is what the pharmacies are dishing out.

Pfizer. Hospitals only ones able to store phizer.

armaghniac

The original Moderna was actually slightly better, the booster is a half dose, as far a I know.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lenny

Quote from: Rudi on November 20, 2021, 06:47:15 PM
https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/2/frontlinenews/500-increase-in-sudden-cardiac-and-unexplained-deaths-among-fifa-athletes-in-2021/

That's interesting and it shows how dangerous covid is. I've heard of several people who've had an extremely mild/asymptomatic case of covid but several months later have had severe heart problems including one with heart failure.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on November 20, 2021, 06:14:51 PM
5,959 in the 26 counties, the highest since 10 January. And 1,846 in the 6 counties which is only marginally better.
People need to chill a bit before Xmas.
It's exponential

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lenny on November 20, 2021, 07:04:43 PM
Quote from: Rudi on November 20, 2021, 06:47:15 PM
https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/2/frontlinenews/500-increase-in-sudden-cardiac-and-unexplained-deaths-among-fifa-athletes-in-2021/

That's interesting and it shows how dangerous covid is. I've heard of several people who've had an extremely mild/asymptomatic case of covid but several months later have had severe heart problems including one with heart failure.
That's the vaccine  ;)

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on November 20, 2021, 06:55:57 PM

The original Moderna was actually slightly better, the booster is a half dose, as far a I know.

Yet according to Luke O'Neill , it will last 2-3 years  ::)