China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK_Redhand

Quote from: BennyCake on November 05, 2021, 09:21:04 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on November 05, 2021, 08:04:00 PM
Good news on the covid front. Pfizer now have a pill that will reduce hospitalisation and death by 90%. That is a pill for when you have caught covid not a vaccine.

I've heard of at least three drugs that apparently do similar . But it's obviously the druglord with the fattest brown envelope that gets the approval.

lenny

Good news on the covid front. Pfizer now have a pill that will reduce hospitalisation and death by 90%. That is a pill for when you have caught covid not a vaccine.

I've heard of at least three drugs that apparently do similar . But it's obviously the druglord with the fattest brown envelope that gets the approval.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't count.

thebigfella

Sure you have.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: CK_Redhand on November 05, 2021, 10:01:50 PM

There are and they'll probably all get approval. MHRA approved the Merck antiviral Molnupiravir.

thebuzz

Quote from: clarshack on November 06, 2021, 12:08:38 AM
Did anyone here get the flu jab and a covid jab/booster at the same time? or does there need to be a bit of time between the 2 different jabs?

My daughter is a doctor and she got both together. My sister-in-law is a nurse and she got both together. I think the general public have been getting them separately.

Eire90

so if this  pill works then is there any need to  push the vaccine as hard then  people may take the  pill but not the vaccine but the real crazies  will say the pills are part a secret agenda too.

Eire90

if  the pills work then why dont theygive everyone in the country the pills now incase they get covid

armaghniac

Quote from: Eire90 on November 06, 2021, 02:48:45 AM
if  the pills work then why dont theygive everyone in the country the pills now incase they get covid

Some people need pills alright.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Because they are €600 a course. And would be wasted on the 99% of the population that do not have Covid right now. Youd essentially be wasting €3 billion.

clarshack

Quote from: thebuzz on November 06, 2021, 12:34:50 AM
Quote from: clarshack on November 06, 2021, 12:08:38 AM
Did anyone here get the flu jab and a covid jab/booster at the same time? or does there need to be a bit of time between the 2 different jabs?

My daughter is a doctor and she got both together. My sister-in-law is a nurse and she got both together. I think the general public have been getting them separately.

I'd be getting them separate just wondering should I leave a day or 2 or maybe even a week between getting the flu jab and the covid jab.

Farrandeelin

What do you all make of Eamon Ryan's allowance to get his positive test overturned? Anyone know of anybody else having this happen?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

If SF get in they will give them out for free lol

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 07, 2021, 08:59:14 PM
What do you all make of Eamon Ryan's allowance to get his positive test overturned? Anyone know of anybody else having this happen?

I think it shows how serious this Pandemic really is?

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/1104/1257971-covid-transmission-europe/

Daily Covid infections have hit an all-time high in Germany as the World Health Organization warned that another 500,000 people could die across Europe, with cases once again on the rise.

Rudi

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 07, 2021, 09:24:28 PM

If SF get in they will give them out for free lol

They have their own money orchard. ;)