China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

He's on a roll today!! I'll give it another week at most
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TMAC

Vaccination was the way out what a load of bollocks time to let folk live, everyone knows the risk now.

TMAC

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 09:16:39 PM
He's on a roll today!! I'll give it another week at most

You never could accept facts, Mod5 password forgotten,?

Milltown Row2

Is furlough still going or is everyone back to work?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TMAC

Folk are in places of employment, as for work!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 09:20:19 PM

Ah, you get about some workplaces, between talking rubbish here and going around all the schools you've barely time to see these kids you say you have.

You must be some craic in the house

J70

Milltown Row2

TMAC

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 09:23:11 PM

Ah, you get about some workplaces, between talking rubbish here and going around all the schools you've barely time to see these kids you say you have.

The rules are defunct - my parent died in hospital last week, I am sure you couldn't care less - the staff were amazing - we were allowed a rota to visit - during day we were met at reception had to don all the gear before going up to sit, after midnight no one was there I walked up wearing a cloth face covering was allowed in as were other siblings - during the night shift staff were not wearing the same level of PPE as during the day.  Staff in shops don't were masks all time but customers are expected too, if students are sent home why aren't teachers as close contacts - its completely nonsensical!

TMAC

Quote from: J70 on September 08, 2021, 09:23:41 PM
Is Angelo back?

You are the epitomy  of the dickhead on this board and dickhead MOD5 says is acceptable so no personal abuse there!

TMAC

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 09:32:21 PM

The rules are defunct - my parent died in hospital last week, I am sure you couldn't care less - the staff were amazing - we were allowed a rota to visit - during day we were met at reception had to don all the gear before going up to sit, after midnight no one was there I walked up wearing a cloth face covering was allowed in as were other siblings - during the night shift staff were not wearing the same level of PPE as during the day.  Staff in shops don't were masks all time but customers are expected too, if students are sent home why aren't teachers as close contacts - its completely nonsensical!

Or folk on same bus!

lenny

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 09:14:40 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 08, 2021, 09:10:40 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 08:58:08 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 08, 2021, 08:44:50 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 08:41:12 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 08, 2021, 07:09:48 PM
Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 03:25:33 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 08, 2021, 03:13:04 PM
Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 02:57:14 PM
We really need to stop testing. It's pointless at this stage.

People generally have Covid for a few days before symptoms first appear. That's also when they're at their most contagious. That's why testing is vital to protect people. Anyone who doesn't understand that at this stage is displaying complete ignorance.

We have the vaccine. We cannot advocate testing and isolation forever.

A lot depends on how the NHS is coping. People on here don't understand how the nhs works. If people are admitted with acute illness and need immediate emergency care they get it. If the numbers get very high that means all nhs staff are moved to help with covid patients. That means people with other illnesses like cancer who don't need immediate emergency care get pushed back weeks or even months. That situation will/already has cost lots of lives. This illness is very dangerous even for young people and its long term effects on people isn't yet known. At the moment it's almost there will be another lockdown and it'll be in the next 5 or 6 weeks.

There will never be another lockdown as much as doom merchants like you want it.

lol, you can shout and stamp your feet as much as you want. It's almost certain we'll get another lockdown. The numbers are crazy and there's guaranteed to be a percentage who get very sick and need icu treatment. Once we near breaking point the only solution guaranteed to work is a lockdown. I'm not a gloom and doom merchant, just a realist. I hate lockdowns also but they have been proven to work.

Work for whom? Again why did the majority get vaccinated?

They worked for everyone by getting the numbers down so that the nhs could manage. If the nhs is overwhelmed then even routine injuries, illnesses or minor surgeries could cost lives. Can you not see that. Lockdowns are a necessary evil. The majority got vaccinated to protect themselves against serious illness and they're working really well so far. A small percentage of people will still get sick but a small percentage of a very large number is still a significant number of people.

They worked for everyone!! Tell that to those who committed suicide, lost their jobs, suffered at the hands of abusers, have had serious mental health issues, were totally isolated from the world, felt worthless, lost relationships but hey you really don't care do you.

It was tough mentally for everyone but there is no evidence I've seen that there was an increase in suicides. I have seen studies where it shows people who suffer from anxiety were helped by the lockdowns and felt reassured. Their anxiety levels increased severely when restrictions eased.

TMAC

Quote from: lenny on September 08, 2021, 09:39:36 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 09:14:40 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 08, 2021, 09:10:40 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 08:58:08 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 08, 2021, 08:44:50 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 08:41:12 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 08, 2021, 07:09:48 PM
Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 03:25:33 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 08, 2021, 03:13:04 PM
Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 02:57:14 PM
We really need to stop testing. It's pointless at this stage.

People generally have Covid for a few days before symptoms first appear. That's also when they're at their most contagious. That's why testing is vital to protect people. Anyone who doesn't understand that at this stage is displaying complete ignorance.

We have the vaccine. We cannot advocate testing and isolation forever.

A lot depends on how the NHS is coping. People on here don't understand how the nhs works. If people are admitted with acute illness and need immediate emergency care they get it. If the numbers get very high that means all nhs staff are moved to help with covid patients. That means people with other illnesses like cancer who don't need immediate emergency care get pushed back weeks or even months. That situation will/already has cost lots of lives. This illness is very dangerous even for young people and its long term effects on people isn't yet known. At the moment it's almost there will be another lockdown and it'll be in the next 5 or 6 weeks.

There will never be another lockdown as much as doom merchants like you want it.

lol, you can shout and stamp your feet as much as you want. It's almost certain we'll get another lockdown. The numbers are crazy and there's guaranteed to be a percentage who get very sick and need icu treatment. Once we near breaking point the only solution guaranteed to work is a lockdown. I'm not a gloom and doom merchant, just a realist. I hate lockdowns also but they have been proven to work.

Work for whom? Again why did the majority get vaccinated?

They worked for everyone by getting the numbers down so that the nhs could manage. If the nhs is overwhelmed then even routine injuries, illnesses or minor surgeries could cost lives. Can you not see that. Lockdowns are a necessary evil. The majority got vaccinated to protect themselves against serious illness and they're working really well so far. A small percentage of people will still get sick but a small percentage of a very large number is still a significant number of people.

They worked for everyone!! Tell that to those who committed suicide, lost their jobs, suffered at the hands of abusers, have had serious mental health issues, were totally isolated from the world, felt worthless, lost relationships but hey you really don't care do you.

It was tough mentally for everyone but there is no evidence I've seen that there was an increase in suicides. I have seen studies where it shows people who suffer from anxiety were helped by the lockdowns and felt reassured. Their anxiety levels increased severely when restrictions eased.

FFS you must be a wind up merchant - take care.

TMAC

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 08, 2021, 09:40:42 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 09:37:44 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 09:32:21 PM

Or folk on same bus!

They are good questions.

Teachers are being kept in schools so that many children can still attend, allowing parents to go to work.

So are you a teacher? You must be embarrassed, parents are at home looking after kids who are close contacts, half the students are at home - you must be in the staff room catching up on netflix - hopefully you get a 2 week breaker to finish the fence at halloween!

the goal was on

My child can now go anywhere she likes after testing negative but because the school has decided not to follow the guidance she can't attend school for the next 8 days.