China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 06, 2021, 01:58:58 PM
Surely surely surely Leo can't justify keeping nightclubs closed and events operating below capacity now that he's been caught at a festival in the UK?

Ha! Just you watch.

imtommygunn

It would have no relevance to night clubs tbh but with events I think we all know by now how full of shift Leo is anyway. Restrictions and the lack of consistency on them for events in the south are a bit ridiculous tbh.

bennydorano

Coronavirus: More than half of Larne High School pupils out of class

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-58461525

I think that Principal needs to catch himself on to be perfectly honest

imtommygunn

Is that down to him or the "rules" though?

thewobbler

It seems that schools are going to operate under a "to the nth degree" policy this time around. Entire year groups already sent home in newry.

Which is great for the schools, but is an absolute mess for everyone else.

I've got a feeling there's an underlying driver behind this. I'm expecting schools/teachers to respond to the soon to be mounting pressure of parents and politicians to be less vigilant, with a full scale strike. Which of course payrise would fix.

Maybe I'm adding 2 and 2 together and getting red. But they're definitely playing it differently this time around.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Absolute sh%t show for wains

Saffrongael

I have missed hysterical teacher season in fairness
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 06, 2021, 03:30:31 PM
I have missed hysterical teacher season in fairness

Give them a few weeks to cope with the wine withdrawal

Cobra

Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2021, 03:08:52 PM

Ridiculous. Absolutely f**king ridiculous.

armaghniac

Sending home people to be tested is all you can do. If this doesn't suit the government than they can speed up testing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

TMAC

Quote from: Cobra on September 06, 2021, 04:16:18 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2021, 03:08:52 PM

Ridiculous. Absolutely f**king ridiculous.

Teachers and GP's have been the biggest piss takers throughout all this, just watch the 6 OClock news and principals are ignoring PHA and telling any child who is a close contact to isolate for 10 days, there will be no one at school by the end of the month.

TMAC

Quote from: thewobbler on September 06, 2021, 03:17:18 PM
It seems that schools are going to operate under a "to the nth degree" policy this time around. Entire year groups already sent home in newry.

I've got a feeling there's an underlying driver behind this. I'm expecting schools/teachers to respond to the soon to be mounting pressure of parents and politicians to be less vigilant, with a full scale strike. Which of course payrise would fix.

Maybe I'm adding 2 and 2 together and getting red. But they're definitely playing it differently this time around.

Bless them they sure do deserve a payrise.

delgany

Quote from: TMAC on September 06, 2021, 06:18:51 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 06, 2021, 03:17:18 PM

Bless them they sure do deserve a payrise.

Sure thats the thing. School Principals are responsible for pupils come to school with Covid ! Schools are responsible for close contacts in a class of 25 . Schools are responsible for the lack of PCR testing slots. I dont know how they can cope with all that level of responsibility !

J70

So what's the solution?

Given that at secondary school level, different groups of students are mixing as they move through the different subjects during the day?